Kick It Out - what do you know about them ?

So are you a racist then?? You admit to using racist language in the past and you admit to being "unintentionally racist" (what does that even mean, how do you be unintentionally racist". I would say that there aren't many ppl on the planet that can say they've never done or said something that could be classed as racist. Does this mean the whole world is racist. I said many times that it doesn't make it acceptable. But what really makes my blood boil is when you get ppl like Fresh Fish making the types of comment that implies that only white ppl are racist. I don't judge a man on the colour of his skin or his ethnic background, I never have and hopefully never will. A man should be judged on how he treats others and his actions

In short:

I am sorry to say that I have been racist at times to serve my own needs, however, this was in and before my early teens. I try not to be racist now but, given the fact that I grew up in the racist fueled society of the 70s and 80s, I wouldn't be surprised if the things that I have said or done have, unintentionally, offended people of other race to me.

I believe your comment about 'true racists' is naive. You don't have to reject everything that is not wholly synonymous with your race to be racist.

Racism will prevail while ever the general opinion is that people are or not racist.

You are correct to state that racism isn't exclusive to white people. I don't think 'kick it out' are stating that either.

WOW! come on a football forum now and find we're in as deep into racism...

the FACTS are racism at hillsborough is low, very very low indeed...

racism generally within this country HAS over the past 40 or 50 years improved MASSIVELY, and will continue to do so...

the REAL problem of racism in football can be found in other countries spain, russia, serbia, and dozens and dozens more...

some of these country's ARE NO BETTER NOW, THAN THEY WERE DURING AND BEFORE THE 2ND. WORLD WAR...

many cases of ethnic cleansing at that time were carried out by the general population's of the countries against certain targeted groups (jews, gypsies etc.)...

the hatred was already there, once the public found there would be no repercussions for these actions, and in fact the new lawmakers (the nazis) actually encouraged it, it was open season...

britain HAS race problems, BUT they are only MILD...

if anyone wants to improve on the racist behaviour in football, nip (sorry to any japanese reading, no pun intended) into eastern europe and africa, there's plenty to improve on there...

in the meantime, enjoy football, it's not perfect, but what is?

Like most problems in football KIO is a weak and flimsy attempt to appear to have some kind of defensible shield to criticism. 'Oh but we fund...'

The blazers can't deal with problems seriously because they don't want to admit them. Token gestures and shrugs. The FA are asleep at the wheel.

Have you ever suffered from racist abuse/discrimination? Cos it's not the name calling, it's the context. Huge difference if a white bloke who has never suffered from racism is called a WHITE illegitimate

Yes I have been racially abused numerous times mostly while walking thru predominantly Asian areas. As I put in a post earlier I was not allowed in my friends house as a child because I was white. Obviously I haven't suffered as much as an average black man of certain ages. I have also suffered abuse for my choice in having black friends.

The EDL is linked directly to football hooliganism

The EDL is on the rise

As is football hooliganism

The two are linked and it would be foolish to just discard this issue by saying we're ok

We're not

the edl is growing through the efforts of the right to point out we have too many foreign jonnies in this country...

it's hard for the daily hail, excess, and murdoch's beano to continuously spout tripe, and it not be picked up on...

these edl will be from area's where white and non white have been pushed together...

GENERALLY SPEAKING, the lower the mentality of residents, the easier they are to sway into racist thinking...

HOWEVER, i live in a very small affluent village, and they would call you all the liars in the world, if you were to call them racists...

yet they are, "darkis, irish, poles, these from africa" they all want throwing out to hear them...

they can quote the excess and hail extensively, and the tripe they get down them each and every day...

BUT, although we do have our problems, generally speaking the populations attitude towards racism has VASTLY IMPROVED...

as a polish guy said to me at work "why haven't you all kicked off at us poles here in the numbers we are, if another countries workers had come to poland in the numbers that we have here, we'd have chased them out."

In short:

I am sorry to say that I have been racist at times to serve my own needs, however, this was in and before my early teens. I try not to be racist now but, given the fact that I grew up in the racist fueled society of the 70s and 80s, I wouldn't be surprised if the things that I have said or done have, unintentionally, offended people of other race to me.

I believe your comment about 'true racists' is naive. You don't have to reject everything that is not wholly synonymous with your race to be racist.

Racism will prevail while ever the general opinion is that people are or not racist.

You are correct to state that racism isn't exclusive to white people. I don't think 'kick it out' are stating that either.

Maybe the "true racist" comment was a bit naive, but I wouldn't say it's anymore naive than the assumption that anyone who uses racist terminology is a racist and thats the point I was trying to make. I also grew up in the 70s and 80s and have used racist terminology, mostly among friends (of different ethnicities). I remember one particular mixed race lad had the nickname "Starnie" he now uses the name Dj Stan from it. I shudder when I think about it to be honest.

Like most problems in football KIO is a weak and flimsy attempt to appear to have some kind of defensible shield to criticism. 'Oh but we fund...'

The blazers can't deal with problems seriously because they don't want to admit them. Token gestures and shrugs. The FA are asleep at the wheel.

YES,

but that (in fairness to the fa) is EVERY F**KIN' WHEEL...

it's what old people and animals do as they get older, they sleep more...

the fa needs younger blood in there to drive us forward...

when blatter says no to technology assisting refs, then just do it, and show the arsehole up for WHAT HE IS...

So are you a racist then?? You admit to using racist language in the past and you admit to being "unintentionally racist" (what does that even mean, how do you be unintentionally racist". I would say that there aren't many ppl on the planet that can say they've never done or said something that could be classed as racist. Does this mean the whole world is racist. I said many times that it doesn't make it acceptable. But what really makes my blood boil is when you get ppl like Fresh Fish making the types of comment that implies that only white ppl are racist. I don't judge a man on the colour of his skin or his ethnic background, I never have and hopefully never will. A man should be judged on how he treats others and his actions

hands up anyone whose never said or done anything racist EVER...

These threads always end in the same bullsh!t. There's no middle ground you're either a dogooder or a racist.

So please make your choice.

Change starts from within and all I can do is teach my children that everyman deserves respect until he gives you reason to take away that respect. If someone calls me a WHITE BARSTEWARD I take offence at being called a BARSTEWARD

A very simple view. Let's say there's this guy called Cyril Jenkinson, you know nothing aboot him other than his name. But then you are told that Cyril is black. You then know that part of his family at the very least, that they were 1) owned by a white family called Jenkinson 2) whipped by a family called Jenkinson in order to extract every last ounce of Labour 3) That their female folk were systematically raped by male members of the Jenkinson family 4) Bought and sold as commodoties b members of the Jenkinson family with families split down the middle...This is why being caled a White barsteward is not as offensive, it does n't have the same meaning as the converse.

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

A very simple view. Let's say there's this guy called Cyril Jenkinson, you know nothing aboot him other than his name. But then you are told that Cyril is black. You then know that part of his family at the very least, that they were 1) owned by a white family called Jenkinson 2) whipped by a family called Jenkinson in order to extract every last ounce of Labour 3) That their female folk were systematically raped by male members of the Jenkinson family 4) Bought and sold as commodoties b members of the Jenkinson family with families split down the middle...This is why being caled a White barsteward is not as offensive, it does n't have the same meaning as the converse.

Sorry mate but thats crap and has no relevance to my point what so ever.

so in your world every black lad on the planet has been owned . You do realise that sweeping generalizations about any people are racist don't you . There has and always will be a minority of all cultures that hate purely on colour . My uncle who's name i shant post was from Jamaica what about a nice little story about him and how nasty all white people are .

Guest Bedders

One thing I just cant stomach its racism

Agreed ^^^^^^^^^ but the cheating in general is also just as shocking!

All this RESPECT garbage is just a token gesture! Shake each others hands at the beginning of the match & as soon as that is over it's win @ all costs including lie, cheat, con etc. The throwing themselves to the ground or slight contact down like a sack of spuds proper does my nut in! I WILL CHASTISE even our own players for going to ground to easy......it's not on!

I've said it before I personally think football needs a proper review.................................. & technology as 4 officials still cant see most of the key decisions!!!

People in football need to be more accountable......crowd, ref, players, coppers, clubs etc.....the whole bag of mashins!

Edited by Bedders

I think that overt racism among football fans and those watching the Owls has declined rapidly in the last 10-15 years. I guess this is around the time that Kick it Out have been working.

I've lived in Leicester and the West Midlands since 1993 and remember being just hugely embarrassed by the 'You're just a town full of P***'s' chants aimed at the fans of Leics, Birmingham etc any time from the mid 90s to early 00's. God knows what any non-white Owls fans thought let alone the players and fans of the opposition.

Anyhow, it seems to have stopped in the last few years. Whether that's due to Kick it Out or broader societal changes I dunno.

Really ?

Elaborate on it - because I've only seem them reacting to recent incidents

Sorry for the delay Mate I've been out and about!

My point is that the authorities (football, government etc) will only be proactive it it suites their agenda (re elections etc). Racism has been on the decline in this country due to education and people self policing, not due to government intervention. The FA support KIO etc as it means they don't have to have large expensive projects in place. They only react when they have to, do you think we would have had the JT/AF circus if it was 2 players fro L1/2?

The problems now are abusive behaviour/language, if we continue to accept calling a red haired person a ginger c### then calling someone a black ......... will continue in some circles.