for all the cog haters

Guest Big Guns

Guest Paulos_Medication

Yeah, he's never scored while he's been played as a lone striker In fact he's never looked like scoring

If you have scoring midfielders in the side then the lone striker can but just as important, back to goal, and holding the ball up bringing others in to play.

Edited by Paulos_Medication

I agree to a point, but its a bit basic. When you have midfielders who can spot a pass as well as Bothroyd and Barkley, its a waste if you have no one running in behind. At the moment only Antonio does this and although he'll get the odd goal or two, he's hardly prolific. In short, I agree COG's the best we have for the role, but if we want to get the most from our creative players, we deffo need someone better

Guest Paulos_Medication

Fair points gurujuan. I guess the other type of lone striker would be someone with lots of pace.

Could Antonio be an option if we want an alternative to the COG, hold-up type. ? At least until we can go shopping.

I like Chris O'Grady.

For our older readers, he reminds me of several of our relatively unsung centre forwards who made important contributions to the team, e.g. John Ritchie, Alan Warboys and Andy McCulloch (you don't see these talked about so much on here during reminicising sessions).

For me, he's got great ball control, especially for a big un, big heart and 100% commitment and I bet good to have around the place.

Well done Chris, as far I'm concerned, for sticking with it despite some fans, and rumored top-level, criticisms.

I

Guest Big Guns

Why say haters ??? What planet are you on. Come on then, lets hear it from anyone who HATES COG. Stupid comment

Wot would you have said then cog dislikers or summat...

It's not about whether you like or hate him, but the fact is if he plays more games than he misses we will end up near the bottom........Rob staton could have had "o'Grady should score......but hasn't" on a taped loop on Saturday and saved himself a bit of talking....fortunately we won but we can't afford to have strikers like O'Grady who offer just one dimension ....we need forwards who can hold up the ball AND score......with pace AND finishing ability......too many one dimensional players is a problem

Guest RocketOwl

It is depressing that in the Championship we have O Grady as our main striker. He is no better than Deon Burton was and he was never good enough. Enough flirting Dave, get Madine back in that team, let him shove the 95 per cent idiots on this boards words up the proverbial. Also Chris Lines is going no where. Valuable squad player.

It is depressing that in the Championship we have O Grady as our main striker. He is no better than Deon Burton was and he was never good enough. Enough flirting Dave, get Madine back in that team, let him shove the 95 per cent idiots on this boards words up the proverbial. Also Chris Lines is going no where. Valuable squad player.

If ever there was a giveaway to you being Neil, this is it.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I think you will find that COG would be off if they offered us 500K. He does not igure in DJ's long term plans and is only in the team because we are playing one up front and nobody else is suited to that job!

I like Chris O'Grady.

For our older readers, he reminds me of several of our relatively unsung centre forwards who made important contributions to the team, e.g. John Ritchie, Alan Warboys and Andy McCulloch (you don't see these talked about so much on here during reminicising sessions).

For me, he's got great ball control, especially for a big un, big heart and 100% commitment and I bet good to have around the place.

Well done Chris, as far I'm concerned, for sticking with it despite some fans, and rumored top-level, criticisms.

I

theres a reason alan warboys was unsung ,he was flipping gash and after racking my brain and trawling thru the memory bank i cant recall him making one contribution important or not to the side back then..........

A 20+ goal a season striker.

you know of one who we can afford ?