Anyone tweeting Jay Bothroyd tonight to abuse him ?

That's fine

I look forward to watching him pull his mobile out of his shorts to read it just as the ball is played to him in front of the packed South Stand

I figured I'd post it in advance of the game, sure he can remember.

No... thought not

What WERE you thinking ?

Would be good to see who it was who did it at the time and see what they are tweeting/saying now he's proven himself to be class

Neil having read your posts for the last 2-3 days please check your medication and no never tweeted or abused any owls player

Kudos Neil, for revisiting this topic. I was critical of Jay, although I didn't tweet him. I do disagree with him bad mouthing fans, although I can understand where his anger came from. The last few games he has been head and shoulders above his team mates and he has proved his worth.

What if it's during the team talk ?

He'd get done for reading it whilst Dave's speaking

I'll do it on Friday and attach a picture of you, though I'm sure he'll know who I'm "tweeting" about.

He'll retweet: Yeah, sure. That guy keeps trying to take pictures of us in the showers. #fatweirdo.

I'm not on twitter it's basically for wee pipe heads who think what they are doing day to day is in some way interesting to 'normal' folk but fact is you can trace Bothroyd's improvement to THAT booing and THAT twitter abuse. Not condoning either action but i do think he realised he can't come here and act the Billy Big rounduns and get away with it. Don't care what anyone says, it's brought the best out in him. Weird world or what?

Kudos Neil, for revisiting this topic.

The last few games he has been head and shoulders above his team mates and he has proved his worth.

Exactly

Seems like there's a few in this thread who were guilty of slagging him on Twitter who are ashamed now that they've been shown up innit

Owlstalk Shop

Guest zico sterland

Didnt twitter him,boo him or slag him off,but he was way out of order when abusing the wednesday faithfull .He should have let his boots do the talking as he is now,as I think he is a very lucky boy to still be here.Granted as well we may be lucky in the long term he didnt go at that time.So we may now have a win win situation.

Edited by zico sterland

I think it highlighted the line between constructive criticism and abuse.

I saw people on there saying what they thought of his performance and others who resorted to the likes of 'f*ck off back to QPR you c*nt'.

It was at least good for separating the more reasoned from the mindless.

He's not someone who runs non-stop when we don't have the ball but with his lack of fitness it was clear that he had a few levels to go up.

His style means that when we're up against it he stands out in that way but he's been in the game a long time and if you have him in your team you have to accept that, as much as we'd all like to see players representing that feeling we've got as fans by charging around and showing that we'd die for Wednesday.

As he's got fitter he's stepped it up. It's impossible to do certain things at your best when you're not fit, it's painful and it holds you back.

We've seen the things he's good at - powerful shot, skill and confidence on the ball, and he has got it in him to track back and battle like I saw him doing against Leeds at times.

We've got to allow him the opportunity to do the damage. Carve the chances out and get him on that left foot in front of goal.

Edited by CB31

I would agree with CB31, with regard to the twitter thing it may have been better to say 'I'm doing my best, when I'm fit I'll make you eat your words' He is quality, he can boss a game. He will help us be where we should be.