IT WILL COME

That's what Dave Jones says on OS. The question is "When?"

When I first started going to Hillsborough, in the late fifties, there used to be a bloke walking up and down behind the Kop with a placard that stated " THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH"

We're still waiting for that as well.

I think this 'slump' will be season long, I really do. We have seen enough of It to know we are not good enough.

Just like United and Doncaster did in previous seasons. By this stage, you get a good idea.

Too many mediocre players. Much too big a squad, filled with mediocrity. Not enough leaders and match winners.

At the moment I am not confident about beating anyone in this league. Especially away.

No, all the signs of a season long relegation battle with the prospect of actual relegation.

Momentum works both ways - that is why a good start is essential.

We will not go down.

Things are not going our way.

We are playing some good stuff at times - it must be bloody frustrating for the team. But when the win comes, we'll build on it

Losing becomes a habit. There has been, not withstanding the recent 'fight' in our performances, some pretty shocking performances in this run where we deserved nothing.

Basic school boy stuff. Set pieces, corner taking etc. things that should be dealt with on the training ground.

We can't even keep a clean sheet (ever).

No such thing as 'too good' to go down.

I expected nothing from last night, I expect the worse at Ipswich. It's all so bloody predictable.

Not good enough - clearly IMO.

We don't even look like a team - very mediocre.

I think this 'slump' will be season long, I really do. We have seen enough of It to know we are not good enough.

Just like United and Doncaster did in previous seasons. By this stage, you get a good idea.

Too many mediocre players. Much too big a squad, filled with mediocrity. Not enough leaders and match winners.

At the moment I am not confident about beating anyone in this league. Especially away.

No, all the signs of a season long relegation battle with the prospect of actual relegation.

Momentum works both ways - that is why a good start is essential.

Was essential Reading i thought the start of the season (1st 3 games) but since then Jones seems to have run out of ideas.

We have now had over a 1/4 of the season, something needs to happen soon, however, like yourself i too believe it's looking like a season of struggle with the dreaded relegation back to league 1 a real possibility

Edited by pops55

Losing becomes a habit. There has been, not withstanding the recent 'fight' in our performances, some pretty shocking performances in this run where we deserved nothing.

Basic school boy stuff. Set pieces, corner taking etc. things that should be dealt with on the training ground.

We can't even keep a clean sheet (ever).

No such thing as 'too good' to go down.

I expected nothing from last night, I expect the worse at Ipswich. It's all so bloody predictable.

Not good enough - clearly IMO.

We don't even look like a team - very mediocre.

We looked like a team on Friday. We looked like a team last night.

I'm not excusing bad performances - but I would put my house on us staying up. Seriously.

And I'm one of the most pessimistic people you could meet.

Wait until we go up in the play-offs........

I am not hysterical Bert - just accepting.

I am not saying that a new manger can do better with this group of players, but I am starting to consider it.

Some of the recruitment (albeit with hindsight) has been absolutely shocking. The team selections (without inside knowledge) have been appalling.

Sleepwalking springs to mind.

Barnsley trounced Birmingham away and won at Charlton - Barnsley? Can you see us doing that?

We can't even find a footballer in the squad capable of taking charge of dead ball situations. That, is, unforgivable in this league IMO. Basic training ground stuff.

We are left with what we have and have to make the best of it - cant see us even having the fight if not the skill to pull clear.

Anything bar relegation, with this squad, will be a bonus IMO.

Just saying it as I see it.

Guest Stereophonics

The squad is too big, you can change the entire 11 and the quality doesn't really increase or decrease, pretty much stays the same.

Barnsley trounced Birmingham away and won at Charlton - Barnsley? Can you see us doing that?

Yes, I can.

And I bet it happens at some stage this season.

I'm not disguising things aren't right - but it will come at some point, I'm just sure it will

I am not saying that a new manger can do better with this group of players, but I am starting to consider it.

Some of the recruitment (albeit with hindsight) has been absolutely shocking. The team selections (without inside knowledge) have been appalling.

We can't even find a footballer in the squad capable of taking charge of dead ball situations. That, is, unforgivable in this league IMO. Basic training ground stuff.

We are left with what we have and have to make the best of it - cant see us even having the fight if not the skill to pull clear.

I agree completely, and have said so in other threads.

The "combined" fight and bite that stood us in such good stead last season is so blatantly missing.

Guest Sheff Owl

I keep hearing 'we are not far away' but how long until you say 'we should be there now'?

It's the same with 'players need time to bed in' how long until you say 'they should have bedded in now'?

If in 5/10 games and it's still not come is it still acceptable to say 'we are not far away'? or 'players still need to bed in'?

That's the really worrying bit for me.

We dont have the firepower to threaten most teams in this league.

We have the big lads for set pieces but no-one to deliver.

Needs sorting in Jan if it's not too late

I keep hearing 'we are not far away' but how long until you say 'we should be there now'?

It's the same with 'players need time to bed in' how long until you say 'they should have bedded in now'?

If in 5/10 games and it's still not come is it still acceptable to say 'we are not far away'? or 'players still need to bed in'?

You forgot gel we need to gel

I really do hate that saying. You're either there or you're not, it's just what managers say to cover their tracks