R.I.P Mick Owl Longden

Couple of other little anecdotes

He was one of the brave or foolhardy that stood on the Kop for the infamous coldest match ever against Swansea in 83, sure he wore a pair of his mums tights under his jeans that day or was that me :blush:

We used to go to the reserves a bit, sit in the top bit of the old South Stand but usually get on the front row. First team were away same night, so he took his portable radio. Next minute his radio goes over the edge but only half breaks so you can still hear it. We try and shout for ages for the ball boy to rescue it

We ended up there by mistake for the promotion match v Carlisle in 1980, we wanted to go in the lower for the pitch invasion. At the end he just jumped down and landed in a heap. We didn't follow

Ive had the pleasure of 'knowing' Mick for the last 6-7 years, although I never actually met him. Would talk to him on various fans forums, and more often than not on days when he didnt go to away games we would always be moaning how crap the game sounded on the radio. He also never turned his back on me when ever I had a problem, and would always listen and give advice (even when I didnt want it). I cannot get my head around the fact that he has actually gone, and am not ashamed to say that I have shed a tear or two for him. I am going to miss talking to you Lobby, and will be saying a prayer for you, Julie and your family at this very sad and devastating time.

flip me that is a shock I grew up with Lobby - Mick Longden in High Green - he lived about 30 yards away across the front which was our football pitch / cricket pitch for years. Was in the same class as his sister at primary school

Moving away as I did I only saw him occasionally in the last 25 years - I think that picture is at the old hockey stadium at MK where we had a chat.

Part of the legendary High Green crowd that went on the 80 bus to games in the early 80's

RIP mate - I will drink a toast to you tonight but not the time your dog kept shagging my leg

Small World

MK Mate do I know you

I went to School with his sister (Louise) at Primary and Secondary I knew Mick well as a youngster he introduced me to the Sex Pistols and yes that was our football pitch, cricket pitch those long summers and long big games of footy when unplayable we use to use the garages under the nut home place.

Peggy

BTW that is a shock

RIP Mick mate

Small World

MK Mate do I know you

I went to School with his sister (Louise) at Primary and Secondary I knew Mick well as a youngster he introduced me to the Sex Pistols and yes that was our football pitch, cricket pitch those long summers and long big games of footy when unplayable we use to use the garages under the nut home place.

Peggy

BTW that is a shock

RIP Mick mate

Yep I know you mate, the clue is in your username. I'll PM you

Remember The Sex Pistols as well

I'd just like to add that a minute's silence was held this morning before the local derby between Thorncliffe U16's and Chapletown U16's. The silence was observed impeccably.

Good to hear - we often used to spend Sunday mornings watching games when we were growing up round the High Green area, often down at Thorncliffe. Mainly to have that 5 minutes kicking the ball into a proper net at HT