What's the oldest Sheffield Wednesday item you own ?

Got some random early programmes. But programmes and ticket stubs from the '66 cup run, plus a rosette I wore to the final that year. I have an A4 sheet of paper with all the player's and Alan Brown's autograph from 1965/66 season. I have a couple of Christmas cards that the club produced when Ozzie Owl first appeared on the scene about 1970?). I also have a writing pad with the slogan, "Go first class with the Owls" on it, from about 1970, and a cigarette box produced by Park Drive with the original SWFC badge on it, that must be forty odd years old. I have an enamel badge with the original owl on it, which must be 50 years old +, and pride of place a very old brass plaque, about 9 or 10 inches square, with the letters SWFC across the top, an owl taking up the main body of the plaque, and the word OWLS, underneath the owl, which my mum bought from an antique shop for my Christmas about forty years ago.

Just the usual stuff I guess.

really old longbow passed down through the family. one of my ancestors used it at hastings in 1066.

not official merchandise but has the old club logo on it and holds strong sentimental value

You must be from round here then, because all the soldiers who died at Battle (not Hastings, in 1066), were recruited from Wales/Kiveton Park/Harthill and surrounding areas, by King Harold on his way back down South after losing the bulk of his army, defeating the vikings at Stamford Bridge in North Yorkshire. Which is why we have a pub called The Saxon in the village.

Where do you hail from?

Edited by Wolfmanjack

Got some random early programmes. But programmes and ticket stubs from the '66 cup run, plus a rosette I wore to the final that year. I have an A4 sheet of paper with all the player's and Alan Brown's autograph from 1965/66 season. I have a couple of Christmas cards that the club produced when Ozzie Owl first appeared on the scene about 1970?). I also have a writing pad with the slogan, "Go first class with the Owls" on it, from about 1970, and a cigarette box produced by Park Drive with the original SWFC badge on it, that must be forty odd years old. I have an enamel badge with the original owl on it, which must be 50 years old +, and pride of place a very old brass plaque, about 9 or 10 inches square, with the letters SWFC across the top, an owl taking up the main body of the plaque, and the word OWLS, underneath the owl, which my mum bought from an antique shop for my Christmas about forty years ago.

Just the usual stuff I guess.

:ohmy: we have that as well, its still in the original postage box,as well

Guest RaptheOWL

May be not the oldest but ive got a bottle of the Sheffield Ale that was made specially for the 1993 Semi Final FA Cup match between Sheffield MASSIVE Wednesday And The Lowley BLUNTS . have never been oped as its in perfect aged condition , I had though of selling in an auction site to see how may would be interested if any ... Made In Sheffield Drank at Wembley and by Sheffield People wel people in the blue and white half og the ground .... fullest too as im remember ....

Guest Go For It Owl

A picture postcard of the 1935 cup winning side signed on the back by all the players.

My gran got it signed on the actual day of the match !

Edited by Go For It Owl

used to have loads off stuff ,from 57 onwards mainly programs and the odd shirt , came home from work one morning and the ex had burnt the lot , fecking ***** ,

Only got an old mirror now which i promissed to Hootie's lad ,a signed shirt from last year courtesy of gandia owl and wednesdayite ,a callendar ,a scarfe and a mug ,