Is that it for Jones?

Guest intercity0wl

Eased to a win, classy goal, you got to be flipping joking, if the goal that was over was given and the sure fire penalty had been given, they would have eased to nothing more than a defeat, and that would have been without us even playing well, leave the sports reporting to the Journo's in future me thinks

Edited by intercity0wl

Guest MrsGoggins

It looks like MM is sticking with DJ for now otherwise i think he'd have sacked him after the Hull defeat, this would have given a replacement two weeks during the break to have a look and work with the squad. MM will probably have already lined up a replacement going on past form so DJ does not have much longer left because relegation is not an option.

Guest JC Saviour

COG running over to hug Jones would be taking it too far.

Stranger things have happened. You couldn't write it, but, that will always be the Wednesday way no matter who runs the club and who manages the team.

Well written piece but I'm not sure I agree entirely that DJ has one game to save his job.

MM has always talked about putting the blocks in place to build us a solid foundation for the future and it would (whether people like it or not) be a massive backward step to sack our manager 10 games into the season. MM didn't sack GM because of a 3 game losing streak he sacked him because he saw we were being overtaken in application to every game we played and looked like we were not even a playoff side at the time he went....the standard of football instantly changed when DJ took over.

I don't think our football club is at the level as to where we can pick and choose who we have in the managerial hot seat every 6 months....ask yourself who would you replace DJ with that is better and proven in the game?

We aren't Chelsea, Man U or any other big name team that has that pull as a club....the stature of it is growing again and will only continue to grow with stability. We've had to make a lot of adjustments moving up a division and losing probably the best coach outside of the Premiership in Terry Burton and at the moment its showing.

Coupling with that we are competing in a division where only 6 teams have not played football in the Premiership since its inception.....the gaps are getting bigger and it doesn't get bridged over night unless you are extremely lucky or extremely rich.

Stick with Jones he will come good.

hope your right watford,cause at the minuit we are certainly going backwards,

Me too.....

It scares the brown stuff out of me to think of what we may end up with if he goes and being completely honest.....I think if we get royally panned by Leeds then he will be out.

Saturday may just be what we need to galvanise the team.

Rub of the green.....

We need a decision in a game to go our way.....this run started with a bad decision going against us at Palace with the farcical 'no penalty' decision and look where that has catapulted them.....4th in the league when they were bottom when we played them and looking like the worst team we would not have beaten in ages.

Our luck and play will get better, its just making sure we are putting ourselves about enough in order to get the luck and maybe that's just not what we've had at this level since the run started

Eased to a win?

As a whole we were tighter, but still toothless.

I said just before the goal someone is going to steal this yet the other can't walk away in shame - it was a strange, flat yet solid match that cried out to be a draw.

The only difference is we needed the win much more than Hull needed the three points - if you get what I mean.

Basically it meant something to Hull but unfortunately meant everything to us.

The main debate that the fans are having is that if this unbeaten run excuses him this very poor run. And it all roots in your mentality in football.

The big Yorkshire derby against Leeds. This game has a lot of emotional weight, with two titans more used to the Premiership battling it out for supremacy of the region.

Questionable use of English

Questionable statement