The case for & against Jones

The case against

- We're in the midst of a truly appalling run of form & haven't kept a clean sheet in the league all season

- If you take it that his tactical deficiencies are the reason we're stuck in this slump then ergo nothing will change anytime soon which makes a sacking before Xmas inevitable.

- If that's all the case then makes sense to do it now & give a new manager the chance to save the season.

- We're are truly in a relegation dog fight now and with the money we've pumped in this summer can really not afford to go down.

- His signings have been poor all round.

The case for

- Who is out there to replace him?

- What did we really expect this season?

- He is beginning to show that he may have some tactical flexibility in the last couple of games with a move to 4-3-3

- He seems to have a strong relationship with MM which is really important to building for the future

Mick McCarthy is the biggest arguement for DJ - he would be a disaster

Why? Because he played for Barnsley? A disaster is picking up 1 point from a possible 21 with a team/squad you have assembled at not inconsiderable expense. Agreed? Compare his Championship record with DJ's and come back to me suitably chastened.

Edited by Almat

Why? Because he played for Barnsley? A disaster is picking up 1 point from a possible 21 with a team/squad you have assembled at not inconsiderable expense. Agreed? Compare his Championship record with DJ's and come back to me suitably chastened.

compare an AC/DC record to a Girls Aloud record....go to bed Almat

So we sack DJ and let's say McCarthy comes in. He fancies none of the DJ players what do we do then? Try and sell them all and probably get relegated in the process

The biggest example of holding your nerve is Fergie at Man Utd and without expecting the success levels he has had It proves that you have to stick by your man.

We will get through this its just gonna take longer than we hoped

How dare you come on here and speak sense....you sir must be an apparition.Rome and a successful football team weren't built in a day..patience is the key

compare an AC/DC record to a Girls Aloud record....go to bed Almat

I'm assuming you've compared both their records and realised you have once again proved you know nothing about the game of football? But it's only an anonymous dispute on the internet, nobody actually died (although your self esteem probably took a knock if you were being totally honest which doesn't seem your strongest character trait) and you will live to fight another day. Hallelujah.

Edited by Almat

I'm assuming you've compared both their records and realised you have once again proved you know nothing about the game of football? But it's only an anonymous dispute on the internet, nobody actually died (although your self esteem probably took a knock if you were being totally honest which doesn't seem your strongest character trait) and you will live to fight another day. Hallelujah.

your right I know nothing about football whatsoever I can never get them bloody men on sticks to spin round quick enough and when they do they knock it in my goal.I do take exception that a personal attack on myself or should I say my self esteem shows you up for being a wee wee tail as every reponse tonight to your posts have been quite obvious in their tongue in cheek nature but if you want to get personal we can

It's not down to what we think, it's down to what the owner, after all it's his money, thinks. MM has backed DJ this summer, but has DJ delivered ?, that is for the owner to decide. Did we expect to come 4th from bottom, so avoiding relegation, or did we expect a little more. As off now i would take 4th from bottom, at the begining of the season i expected at least the top half and ideally knocking on the play off places door

If you're doing like for like comparisons McCarthy kept wolves in the prem, jones didn't.

McCarthy also got SUnderland and Wolves promoted to the Prem in the first place. Record wise he isn't bad at all, but I don't like him.