Worst start in five years

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Best finish end of last season for how many years? And auto-promotion to boot!

Does that balance things out?..

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

How can we move forwards if we keep looking backwards? Last season was last season - well done to everyone involved - but now we are in real time and need to get moving in the right way.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

How can we move forwards if we keep looking backwards? Last season was last season - well done to everyone involved - but now we are in real time and need to get moving in the right way.

Agreed.

But we are moving forward, it's just this isn't clearly visible at the minute because the performances are clouding our vision.

Look at the squad (i.e age and breadth), look at the plans for the academy, look at our finances, look at our Chairman, look at our Manager, etc, etc...

On the pitch we are not being inconsistent- i.e. wining one week then getting smashed the next- we are losing by the odd goal (I can't remember any game this year when we was humiliated). Yes, our form is bobbins, but on the same token we can also acknowledge that the team is not far away.

Some may say, after yesterdays game, that we're now shibosh going forward- despite us scoring three on Tuesday night away from home. I would argue that Hull need to take some credit from yesterday as I thought they were a solid unit.

We just need to keep our patience try not to focus too much on the negatives because when we do this we are unable to see the positives.

Come on guys, lets face it, we are only 22nd from the top.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

I've just been having a look back at the games we've lost and it's worth noting that most of them are in the top 6. But, you could argue that there are a few exceptions and that the wins against us put them there.

My point is, if you look back at our wins, we are picking up points from teams around us.

At the start of the season, I was hoping for a top half / mid table finish. I think we are still capable of mid table but I think by the end of the season, we won't be one of the worst 3 teams.

why are we focused on how well we did last season, your only as good as your last game so with that thinking we are wee wee poor. We are in the championship now so last seasons promotion means flip all now!

Guest Padge82owlsthat

After paying the best part of £50 for me and my 6 year old son, the game was dissapointing, I remember seeing 3 or 4 shots at goal, worst I've seen us play for a long time, we didn't look like any sort of a threat until jj came on. I feel jones needs a bit more time though, I'd give him till 20 games in,