*Deep Breath* ok Just Got Back Thread

I've never been one to over react where Wednesday are concerned. Whether doing well or doing shizzle and I won't now.

First half was ok - created better chances although not clear cut, COG usually bullish up front with support from Antonio and JB, although JB stayed more wide right probably as instructed.

Second half Hull changed tact and we didn't. Quinn was finding space and was causing trouble. No idea why we stay at 4-5-1 at home against an average side. THAT'S the worry.

Caught by the killer goal and the writings on the wall.

Defo look better defensively, Mattock ok Buxton too overall and the middle two did well. But packing midfield is killing us, not much from McCabe or Barkley. Antonio quiet second half.

Was screaming out to change things formation wise but he didn't.

Very worrying that, very.

Quinn MOM

Hard calling a MOM for us.

Jones to stay (I hope) but maybe not for long

Posted this in another thread but I'm re-posting it here because I fully agree.

This is the way I saw it from the north stand..

First half I thought we looked solid. Pressed Hull and didn't really give them chance to create. Went in at 0-0 and on the balance of play the better team. Really thought we would go on to win it.

Second half was worrying. We came out a totally different team. Hull looked more solid and we were out of ideas. We simply couldn't break them down. To add to this they grew in confidence and the goal was always coming for them. After the goal we were still awful and allowed them to just knock it around.

With 10 to go we had a corner which didn't beat the first man (surprising.. Sadly not). 2 mins later we have a free kick in a dangerous position. Yet again we fail to beat the first man. Schoolboy stuff.

Defence is far from convincing when we allow any pressure on them.

I was expecting more from us today. Where we go from here I don't know..

Thought Gardner did quite well. Good tackle to deny Simpson 2nd half.

Buxton did well first game back.

Other than that...

Agree with this too. Buxtons overlapping runs are quality. Antonio would have benefitted more from this than Bothroyd but they were on opposite wings.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

...we have two youngsters in midfield...we need an experienced head ...and we need to spend money to get him in..a Sheridanesque player.

Shaun Derry has been my shout for some time.

I thought Mattock was a liability and McCabe offered nothing!

Barkley was our best player and the only one that looked like doing something!

Maybe I'm being harsh on Barkley but if a decision doesn't go his way when he feels like it should have he totally stops playing- even when the ball is close to him. He'd rather throw a paddy at the ref.

The game totally bypassed McCabe. He did nothing at all as far as I can see. Anyone want to educate me?

. Bothroyd is not a winger and didn't play as one. Unfortunately he didn't play as anything. He looked lost on the right and had no service whatsoever. I've no idea what Jones saw him doing, but based on his comments after he was watching a different player to me.

Everything that was good under megson has gone the fight and spirit and passion. Everything that was good under jones last season has gone, the passing, the movement the work ethic.

I have no idea how its happened but we are a car crash at the moment and I can't even see what is trying to be achieved. I accept I know nothing about football and never pretend to, but today was shocking apart from in defence. Anyone want to help me?

Guest JC Saviour

...we have two youngsters in midfield...we need an experienced head ...and we need to spend money to get him in..a Sheridanesque player.

So what did Semedo do wrong?

The game totally bypassed McCabe. He did nothing at all as far as I can see. Anyone want to educate me?

. Bothroyd is not a winger and didn't play as one. Unfortunately he didn't play as anything. He looked lost on the right and had no service whatsoever. I've no idea what Jones saw him doing, but based on his comments after he was watching a different player to me.

Agree McCabe looked a bit lost today but Bothroyd played well and was composed on the ball and showed he can play creative attacking passes. Also did this against Burnley for second goal.

Antonio, great for running at and beyond players, O Grady great target/hold up man but we NEED someone who can be inventive whether it be wing or midfield.

See some nice 'Hollywood' long ball passes from Mccabe and Barkley from time to time but in terns of inventive slide rule passes around the box Bothroyd or Pecnik look the only ones capable from what i've seen so far.

Second half was worrying. We came out a totally different team. Hull looked more solid and we were out of ideas. We simply couldn't break them down. To add to this they grew in confidence and the goal was always coming for them.

Yep. Agreed. They changed things and we didn't.

Also agree about the youngsters in midfield. I know Semy is there but he's not the creative part. Nice to see Lines is back kicking a ball, maybe not long before he comes in. Experience maybe??

Everything that was good under megson has gone the fight and spirit and passion. Everything that was good under jones last season has gone, the passing, the movement the work ethic.

I have no idea how its happened but we are a car crash at the moment and I can't even see what is trying to be achieved. I accept I know nothing about football and never pretend to, but today was shocking apart from in defence. Anyone want to help me?

just about spot on LMC mate you don't need any help ,

Guest totemowl

Good points in the OP. I think 4-5-1 might have worked well today if the 5 hadn't been so deep. But it was tough breaking down their midfield.

Can't understand anyone who went today and says Bothroyd didn't get any service or didn't have a good game. He did.

Good points in the OP. I think 4-5-1 might have worked well today if the 5 hadn't been so deep. But it was tough breaking down their midfield.

Can't understand anyone who went today and says Bothroyd didn't get any service or didn't have a good game. He did.

I thought JB did ok for where he was playing. Some good lay offs and one twos.

But I'm not sure about the 4-5-1. Ok in fist half but after the break we were woeful. It was crying out for a change and when he brought JJ on he should have changed formation to give him some space, in effect JJ had little effect and that wasn't his fault