Too honest...

Answer my question though, sorry it happens, it's down to the ref and his assistant to see it, on Saturday, Antonio got up straight away and fluffed his chance then complained after, he was never going to get anything.

well i wouldnt say it is not a foul if it is a foul... but i wouldnt encourage a player to not put his heart into trying. what would you be saying if it was the 90th minute, antonio is taken down 0-0 he stays down, no pen, if he had got up he could have shot and tried, maybe won a corner like he did then we have another chance.

anyone remember the world cup? think it was ghana, their forward couldve gone down in like the last minute but instead put his whole heart into it, kept going and scored? that's football, I would never encourage my team to go down if they aren't forced down. the only way the refs will learn is if people stop diving. nowadays refs dont look for fouls they look for players going down

who would you rather be? the team going down or the team that is going to make you proud with their honesty?

I'd rather us stay up by going down easily than get relegated by being honest I know that for sure. And no I'm not saying we are going to go down, just an example.

Guest Athelstan

If there is contact with one of our players in the box tonight and he goes down in the 90th minute with the scores 0-0 to win a pen, what do you say, fk it get up and carry on, it wasn't a foul or take the pen?

It all depends on the amount of contact. If the defender puts his studs in the attacker's thigh Peter Reid style, the attacker would go down anyway. If the defender brushes the attacker with his sleeve and the attacker flies through the air like Christiano Ronaldo when someone has breathed on him, the attacker should be booked.

It's up to the ref!

I'd rather us stay up by going down easily than get relegated by being honest I know that for sure. And no I'm not saying we are going to go down, just an example.

In the interests of clarity I've ammended that eupemism ..... I'd rather us stay up by diving/cheating than get relegated.

well to me all this diving which is rife on the continent and seemingly so here now is taking a big chunk out of football , there is nothing better to see a player battleing for the ball in the box to be honest, gives anyone a lift when said player battles through and scores ,my thougts are if they dive in the box for no reason other than a touch ,the player in question wants a ban serving ,mebe the cheats would think twice ,if so ,

well to me all this diving which is rife on the continent and seemingly so here now is taking a big chunk out of football , there is nothing better to see a player battleing for the ball in the box to be honest, gives anyone a lift when said player battles through and scores ,my thougts are if they dive in the box for no reason other than a touch ,the player in question wants a ban serving ,mebe the cheats would think twice ,if so ,

amen. I'm only a young owl but over the past couple of years I've become prouder and prouder of the honesty and strength of our team

Listening back to the RH from yesterday and the first caller on about antonio being too honest.... Am I the only person that thinks there is no such thing as that. A foul has nothing to do with how honest you are, if it's a foul it is a foul. I feel proud at the idea that our players would keep going after being fouled because in recent history too often have our players stopped trying when they think they have been fouled and thus missed opportunities. what is it, should we dive at the slightest touch or aim to keep going?

Absolutely agree with this. Football has changed drastically for the worse over the last decade and a half.

In my view if you are touched in the box (not like that!) and you go down (also not like that!) without being legitimately brought down then you are a cheat. Tactics or not. You are a diving, cheating shuffleer and you're spoiling football!

The same goes for these bishop bashers who try to influence the officials' decisions. I was actually happy to see a Wednesday player get booked against Bolton! I was really ashamed pissed off to see Rodri brandish an imaginary yellow card to the ref to influence him into booking one of the Bolton lads.