Feel sorry for Bothroyd.

With the Defence playing so low making the pitch far too big for our midfield to control. How the hell can you expect Bothroyd to benefit or play well with tactics like this.

He has been totally isolated and deserves better support from the rest of the team.

Typically the Wednesday fans have jumped on him as a scapegoat. Very unfairly in my opinion.

Get the defence further up field when we attack and watch him flourish.

Guest pwilkysowls

I don't blame Bothroyd for his form with us to date. I blame the way he has been thrust straight in unprepared instead of phased in from the bench.

nice to get some positive feedback regards bothroyd

if he had scored a goal or two would he have got so much flak?

nice to get some positive feedback regards bothroyd

if he had scored a goal or two would he have got so much flak?

The other problem was that in being thrust straight in he replaced a form player. One that admittedly devides opinion but one who nevertheless warranted keeping his place. This has not served the team nor indeed Bothroyd well. In a way it set him up as the fall guy. But yes a couple of goals would have eased things of course.

Guest beatleowl

A wolves fan on the way out on Saturday said all he did for two years was chuck himself on the floor and lull about. I hope there is more to come from him, there bloody should be. Hes had no service to be fair hence him not having a single shot whilst being here, not that I can remember anyway.

Edited by beatleowl

Guest beatleowl

77 goals in 321 games hardly suggests he will set the world on fire in the goalscoring department anyway, so I'd like to see him showing more in the way of creating for others.

Guest pwilkysowls

A wolves fan on the way out on Saturday said all he did for two years was chuck himself on the floor and lull about. I hope there is more to come from him, there bloody should be. Hes had no service to be fair hence him not having a single shot whilst being here, not that I can remember anyway.

he had a shot at goal at brighton !!

Guest pwilkysowls

I do apologise. One shot on goal is a fantastic shots to starts ratio.

ha ha i know its not good enough

all the same he doesnt need booing

The other problem was that in being thrust straight in he replaced a form player. One that admittedly devides opinion but one who nevertheless warranted keeping his place. This has not served the team nor indeed Bothroyd well. In a way it set him up as the fall guy. But yes a couple of goals would have eased things of course.

Who ??? Please don't tell me COG?

tbh whether it be cog madine or whoever it's not right to put an unfit player into the first eleven before a fit one ,cog was left out most of last seasons push , even talk of getting rid ,his answer was to get back in and scored 3 goals then gets dropped for an unfit player, real management that is . but every one to their own

bothroy'd may or may not score whilst cog has ,all this s**t about keeping the shirt if you earn it is just what it is s**t

good players make things happen, work hard, put defenders under pressure, look for the ball. Show some commitment.even when things aren't going well, in fact particularly when things aren't going well. Fans don't get on players backs if they see that.

I feel sorry for him too...!

i dont, he's a ***, mark this post, and put it somewhere safe and you can read it again in 5 years.

he is'nt a good center forward,

he's lethargic and he's lazy,

he will never be a fans favourite here, he will not be a goalscoring success either, he has'nt scored consistantly throughout his career,

Gary Madine will score more goals per game than Bothroyd throughout his career at the same level.

Bothroyd got an England cap, so did Francis Jeffers.

nope i dont like him, its nothing personal, i just think he's a big time Charlie without the skill, check my posts when we signed him, i never said anything at the time cos i did.nt want to wee wee on anyones bonfire, but i was'nt wetting myself like hundreds of others, and i got in big grief for voicing concerns around the time of the first booing incident, i wish with all i hold dear that he'd prove me wrong and bang in another 20 odd for the season like he did once before, but im too old for fairy stories, and i tend to believe the tale about lightening not striking twice.

tbh whether it be cog madine or whoever it's not right to put an unfit player into the first eleven before a fit one ,cog was left out most of last seasons push , even talk of getting rid ,his answer was to get back in and scored 3 goals then gets dropped for an unfit player, real management that is . but every one to their own

bothroy'd may or may not score whilst cog has ,all this s**t about keeping the shirt if you earn it is just what it is s**t

very true!

With the Defence playing so low making the pitch far too big for our midfield to control. How the hell can you expect Bothroyd to benefit or play well with tactics like this.

He has been totally isolated and deserves better support from the rest of the team.

Typically the Wednesday fans have jumped on him as a scapegoat. Very unfairly in my opinion.

Get the defence further up field when we attack and watch him flourish.

Reda, semedo, buxton, madine, beevers, Gardner and mattock have all been made scapegoats already this season. As has cog, maguire and rodri. There aren't many who haven't.