Improvements to the side?

Guest Jay_Denny123

Guest Jay_Denny123

Extra cover for Kirkland !?

:huh:

Are you planning on a revolutionary new system where we play more than one goalkeeper?

No, just that he broke his back a few seasons back and is kinda injury prone.

Bringing in MORE players is the absolute last thing we should be doing unless it's short term and to cover an injury or suspension crisis. For example, if both Buxton and Lee are out then a RB on a months loan would be prefferable to playing Mattock or Beevers at RB.

What we need to do is pick a team and stick to it. Our squad is already too big and already contains too many players who are either adapting to a new league or adapting to an entirely new country. Jones needs to quickly identify a starting XI and quickly identify a suitable bench to compliment that starting XI, and he needs to stick to that matchday squad for a few games at a time. Everyone else will have to fight for their place.

One of the reasons I started the other thread was because I was thinking, even though we have signed all these players, we are still missing something Obviously we cannot be signing players continuously but there are still areas of concern, although in my opinion, goalkeeping is not one of them. DJ though appears happy with his squad, indeed he said the squad is comparable to the star studded squad he at Cardiff. It is a strong squad yes, but I really struggle to see where DJ sees a well balanced eleven from within that squad. For me, we still need to get a few more in and lose a few that we have now.

Guest Jay_Denny123

At the moment we are looking like Relegation fodder and need at least two defenders and a cm who can command it.

Barkley may be able to command?