The football League Show

Guest Sheff Owl

Fair enough if people wanna have the opinion a player is crap, or his performances have been crap - but that doesn't mean they should be blamed for everything bad that happens - especially when it's not their fault

For eg - i've just responded to a poster that said Taylor had made 4+ mistakes that didn't lead to goals that were shown on the highlights - i didn't see them apart from the penalty appeal - and i was looking for them as well

The highlights didn't show much to be honest.

My issues with Taylor's performance today... His heading was poor, with either not enough power on them, or directing them straight at a Bolton player or simply straight up in the air resulting in another clearance being necessary. His passing was poor. Many clearances were just him swinging his boot at the ball with seemingly no thought to directing the ball - just "hoof". Basic errors of judgement and technique.

A lot of people will jump on the goal as an example, or the challenge on Eagles. But over 90 minutes he pretty much got all the basic stuff you'd expect from a centre back wrong.

I'm not arguing about his performance or if he's playing well or not though

My point is that people are blatantly just making stuff up in order to have a go at him.

I don't know one serious football person that would pin the blame for the 2nd goal on solely Taylor - poor clearance happen all the time in football - it doesn't make the absolute shambles that followed excusable

we can start blaming who we want it doesnt make a difference, if they hadn't have scored that second through Davis (which by the way was gardeners fault for telling jones to go to the left then following him like a lemming allowing a massive gap for davis to run into) they would've scored later on. It was all far too easy for them...we are just poo poo at the moment...simples

"Liam Palmer causing chaos in the Crawley defence" is not something I thought I'd hear. But well done to the lad. Seems to be playing well and is getting some great plaudits.

Sadly, the writing is already on the wall for Taylor after just a brief spell in the team. He has been judged and sentenced already by those who know a lemon when they see one. Rob Jones and Danny Batth are both better players based on what he's shown so far.

But as always, he will get 100% backing once he improves and can show he is worth a place in the team. It is possible to change opinions but he needs to show that he isn't a bad player first.

The scapegoating here is embarrassing but the fact remains he looks cr4p so far

Talking about previous scapegoats, I think Danny Jones was ok yesterday. Only ok though. He looks much better when not galavanting up front leaving his team mates to cover for him when he's miles out of position, and when he stands up to his man rather than diving in and getting skinned. You can see someone has been working on him and that there is a small amount of improvement there.

Seriously what is the point of Birmingham City? There's never anyone at their stadium

Not wanting to defend them, but, I live the catchment area for Blues (as a baggie its been hard) would you want to give your money to Carson Yeung? it was glorious last night though.

Guest foreverSWFC

In the first half Taylor was alright, a shaky start but he got better as the half went on.

Second half he was poor, just like against Huddersfield. The second goal was his fault, he had time to deal with it and he didn't. His heading was poor, never gets a distance or direction on them, they seem to bobble and loop into the air.

He is a scapegoat at the moment, he's only been here two weeks and he has been made captain already? Very strange, you should know your captain by July, not by late September it just screams poor organisation and a lack of stability in the camp. The fact he has put in a couple of below par performances is not helping him, espeically when Llera, a fans favourite, is out of the team, nothing so far has suggested to me Taylor deserves to be in the team ahead of Llera or Beevers.

Also, i don't like the huddle he does before the game. Darren Purse and Dean Smith did that and they were both captains of losing sides, and they were both dreadful centre halves for us. Not a very good omen.