The football League Show

Guest Sheff Owl

Sorry to not join in the scapegoating but the 2nd goal is a clear case of pinning the blame on one player regardless of the facts

Was it a poor clearance - not the best but there'll be plenty worse this season

Was the situation retrievable after the clearance? Absolutely

Nobody could be bothered to pick up Kevin Davies - he was given the freedom of the middle of the park - when he passed it to his brohter Mark there were 4 Wednesday players between him and the goal

But yeah - blame it all on the clearance

Sorry to not join in the scapegoating but the 2nd goal is a clear case of pinning the blame on one player regardless of the facts

Nobody could be bothered to pick up Kevin Davies - he was given the freedom of the middle of the park - when he passed it to his brohter Mark there were 4 Wednesday players between him and the goal

Scram - were you at the game today? Not having a pop, just an honest question. Taylor was awful today. One of the worst displays from a CB I've seen for us in years. That clearance on its own was bad, but in the context of his performance over 90 minutes it was the final straw. Everyone within earshot was taking the wee wee out of Taylor today or having a go. He was that bad.

Guest foreverSWFC

Davies shouldn't have got through, it was a quality finish though.

You can't make excused for that clearance though, for the new captain (which I don't agree with btw) with his experience to aimlessly boot the ball behind him without thinking is amateur stuff. He should have passed it back to Kirkland or put it into the stands, not back into danger.

Scram - were you at the game today? Not having a pop, just an honest question. Taylor was awful today. One of the worst displays from a CB I've seen for us in years. That clearance on its own was bad, but in the context of his performance over 90 minutes it was the final straw. Everyone within earshot was taking the wee wee out of Taylor today or having a go. He was that bad.

No i wasn't at the game which is why i'm neither commenting on the game or Taylor's overall performance

But to pin the blame for the 2nd goal on to him is just ludicrous

It seems fans are a lot more tolerant of pathetic marking at corners, not engaging players in the the middle of the pitch and several players standing and watching an opponent dance into the penalty box.

I realise this is a waste of time - been here enough times before

If Batth of Llera had made a similar clearance there wouldn't have been a peep about it - just the absolute shambles that followed

At the game I thought there was plenty of time for Taylor to pass back to the keeper. The TV pictures confirmed it.

The defending that followed was more annoying than the clearance though. Semedo seemed to pull out of tackling, and two defenders did their best to get out of the way as well.

No i wasn't at the game which is why i'm neither commenting on the game or Taylor's overall performance

But to pin the blame for the 2nd goal on to him is just ludicrous

It seems fans are a lot more tolerant of pathetic marking at corners, not engaging players in the the middle of the pitch and several players standing and watching an opponent dance into the penalty box.

I realise this is a waste of time - been here enough times before

If Batth of Llera had made a similar clearance there wouldn't have been a peep about it - just the absolute shambles that followed

I'm not disagreeing with everything you say. However, Batth and Llera have done enough good to mean the odd mistake can be forgiven.

I've watched Taylor in two full games in the last week - shocking in both, absolutely shocking. He's an experienced pro - not a youth player making his debut. He's come in at the expense of a player who doesn't deserve to be dropped and has been made captain. The ill feeling towards him is understandable.

There's always going to be posters who will scapegoat players, but is it truly scapegoating when a player comes in and is that bad?

I'm not disagreeing with everything you say. However, Batth and Llera have done enough good to mean the odd mistake can be forgiven.

I've watched Taylor in two full games in the last week - shocking in both, absolutely shocking. He's an experienced pro - not a youth player making his debut. He's come in at the expense of a player who doesn't deserve to be dropped and has been made captain. The ill feeling towards him is understandable.

There's always going to be posters who will scapegoat players, but is it truly scapegoating when a player comes in and is that bad?

Fair enough if people wanna have the opinion a player is crap, or his performances have been crap - but that doesn't mean they should be blamed for everything bad that happens - especially when it's not their fault

For eg - i've just responded to a poster that said Taylor had made 4+ mistakes that didn't lead to goals that were shown on the highlights - i didn't see them apart from the penalty appeal - and i was looking for them as well

flip me

Player comes in taking the spot of a fan favourite, taking the captaincy off another fan favourite and plays badly - and you can't see why some people aren't his biggest fan?

It's called putting yourself in someone else's position and understanding how they think.

Hope he turns out to be a great signing.

Will it turn out that way? *shrugs*