Dave Jones - what is he doing?

It seems to me that he is just trying to make some kind of point by putting in all 'his' players. He signs a player and they go straight into the team, regardless of how well the current player was doing.

He chops and changes it every game so we have no stability.

We had a winning team playing decent football up until the 4th game of the season, then all change and now look.

He doesn't seem to notice which players are struggling (thinking Bothroyd and Pecnik today) and replaces people far too late for any change to make a difference.

I think on the whole he has done a great job but things could quickly unravel if this continues.

The back 4 has been abysmal for a few games now but all the tinkering just seems to have upset the overall balance of the team. So instead of winning 3-2, we are now losing out every week.

Sort it out please DJ!

Just not bothered...

To be fair I think the gulf between the Prem and The lower divisions showed today. Plus IMO the match was lost in midfield Bolton controlled the middle of the park for 90 minutes

Edited by Mickjj

His decision to leave out Lee for so long is starting to look like a strange one too.

Not saying he is the answer to all our problems and Lee could end up having a shocker next match but he was one of our better players today.

Why p*ss about playing a half-fit Buxton, an out-of-position Mattock or a defensive liability in JJ at right-back for the past few weeks when we had a perfectly good RB available all along.

Baffled.

I didn't think Bolton were all that. We'd have beaten them if we played like we did 1st 4 games.

As for DJ. I don't understand

Another half a dozen changes

Dropping JJ after moving him to RB on weds

Dropping Reda

Dropping Semedo

Persisting with Picnic / bothroyd when they'd done nowt

taylor joined on a 2 year contract and is 33 in 7 weeks so he'll be nearly 35 when his contract expires

here, nobody will buy him so we're stuck with him. if he runs thru treacle now, he'll run thru

cement next season, what a shocking signing. we haven't got one OBVIOUS centre back that can run

so buxton has to pair gardner imo

taylor joined on a 2 year contract and is 33 in 7 weeks so he'll be nearly 35 when his contract expires

here, nobody will buy him so we're stuck with him. if he runs thru treacle now, he'll run thru

cement next season, what a shocking signing. we haven't got one OBVIOUS centre back that can run

so buxton has to pair gardner imo

Round pegs in round holes. Llera is nowhere near as poor as him and will bag you 5+ goals a year. Taylor has given 3 away in 2 games now.

It seems someone has bought DJ a copy of football manager and he is seeing if you can do the same in real world situations.

Just not bothered...

Round pegs in round holes. Llera is nowhere near as poor as him and will bag you 5+ goals a year. Taylor has given 3 away in 2 games now.

It seems someone has bought DJ a copy of football manager and he is seeing if you can do the same in real world situations.

I have no idea what is going on.

More worryingly - he doesn't seem to either.

Brian Clough and Peter Taylor spring to mind.

Other than that, I am baffled.