Dave Jones - what is he doing?

Guest JonTheOwl66

I'm asking what the flip he is doing. You want it in brail or just pleb?

Why are you asking that though? Do you want him sacked or something?

Why are you asking that though? Do you want him sacked or something?

No, I'm asking what on earth he is doing. The I outlined some examples of how I don't understand what he is doing. The it was opened up for discussion. Want it in Clingon?

Scraped a draw a derby, just managed to beat Birmingham who Barnsley are thumping 5-0, Just managed to beat Millwall in the last minute.

Not alot has changed we just had a bit more luck start of season.

There's a decent team there somewhere - just taking a while to find it.

But the football has stopped. That isn't down to any kind of luck. We played Birmingham off the park and 3-2 flattered them. Same with Millwall. Last 4 games have just been awful

Just not bothered...

Scraped a draw a derby, just managed to beat Birmingham who Barnsley are thumping 5-0, Just managed to beat Millwall in the last minute.

Not alot has changed we just had a bit more luck start of season.

There's a decent team there somewhere - just taking a while to find it.

i think your right, individually the players: MCabe, Rodri, Picnic, Barkley are techically gifted but there are not gelling into DJ formation - it looked like a 4-3-1-1 today, with Antonio as attacking wide man, but he never gets involved in midfield defensive duties - certainly not like Ben 10.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Not really. I'm fairly certain that if he could sort it then he would have by now... But you never know, he might listen to the wise words of mattit and change it.

Guest foreverSWFC

Looked like a bunch of strangers today, no team spirit, no fight, no passion towards the end of the game.

Team spirit goes along way in football, as shown last season, now it seems the it's been taken away and replaced by arguably better individuals but not a better TEAM. It is going to take time to gel, and it will gel, but my worry is we've left it too late, the team should not be gelling in late September.

In the last 10 minutes, i just knew we weren't going to score, there was no togetherness there or urgency. Last season we had a never say die attitude to the last minute, i'd always think that we could still grab one here. I didn't think like that for once today.

He's lost the plot. A promotion winning side has confidence, and would have carried us through until January. How he can drop JJ is beyond me. His comments about Batth were out of line. He was POTY last year, and he should be here. Taylor isn't fit to lace his boots. Semedo is shot of confidence and Ryan Lowe offers more as a centre forward than what we have at present. Defensively we are absolutely all over the place, which is ironic considering Kirkland has been excellent all season.

His treatment of Lee has been shocking, and McGuire should ask for a transfer. As for the

Spanish lad, if he was half as good as he thought he was, he wouldn't be anywhere near S6.

Mandaric won't **** about. 3 more weeks of this, and he will act.

Edited by vulva

Not really. I'm fairly certain that if he could sort it then he would have by now... But you never know, he might listen to the wise words of mattit and change it.

What is your problem? I've asked a fairly straightforward question. Yet you can't seem to get your head round it. Or you're just using to have a personal dig at me. Nice one. Pat yourself on the back and jog on.

Just not bothered...

Looked like a bunch of strangers today, no team spirit, no fight, no passion towards the end of the game.

Team spirit goes along way in football, as shown last season, now it seems the it's been taken away and replaced by arguably better individuals but not a better TEAM. It is going to take time to gel, and it will gel, but my worry is we've left it too late, the team should not be gelling in late September.

In the last 10 minutes, i just knew we weren't going to score, there was no togetherness there or urgency. Last season we had a never say die attitude to the last minute, i'd always think that we could still grab one here. I didn't think like that for once today.

flipping hell I keep agreeing with you lately. Wrote a very similar post in another thread at same time.

He's lost the plot. A promotion winning side has confidence, and would have carried us through until January. How he can drop JJ is beyond me. His comments about Batth were out of line. He was POTY last year, and he should be here. Taylor isn't fit to lace his boots. Semedo is shot of confidence and Ryan Lowe offers more as a centre forward than what we have at present. Defensively we are absolutely all over the place, which is ironic considering Kirkland has been excellent all season.

His treatment of Lee has been shocking, and McGuire should ask for a transfer. As for he Spanish lad, if he was half as good as he thought he was, he wouldn't be anywhere near S6.

Mandarin won't **** about. 3 more weeks of this, and he will act.

Can't criticise any of that.

I have seen Taylor in 2 of his 3 performances.

Not in a million years is he better than Lliera or Beevers. As bad as they are.

And, to be given the Captains role.

Mystified.

I have no idea what is going on.

More worryingly - he doesn't seem to either.

Brian Clough and Peter Taylor spring to mind.

Other than that, I am baffled.

Good shout, we were all wondering before the game if the problem is someone going to Arsenal. DJ strikes you as a Clough type manager that does not get involved in the meat and drink stuff

Edited by immediate67

Guest JC Saviour

Good point about Lee - he looks a steady right back and good competition for Cafu.

Lee is marginally better than Mattock who makes him look better than he actually is. Buxton when fit need not have much to worry about.

In what parallel universe is Chris O'Grady a lone striker? He needs someone to feed and link up with, playing him up front alone is nonsense, even more so when you are at home and chasing the game.

I can well understand DJ bringing him on for the last 20 - 30 minutes or so in the last couple of games, but not to play him up top alone - bizarre.

Its almost as if he is responding to the crowds chants by saying.... you want Chris O'Grady, I'll give you Chris O'grady.

Not quite sure what he's doing at the moment! I though Lee did well and can only get better. Llera maybe could have slotted in at left back instead of Jones, and he could play in the same mold as Reda does, powering up the left, great left peg on him, dangerous in the box

Guest foreverSWFC

His treatment of Lee has been shocking, and McGuire should ask for a transfer. As for he Spanish lad, if he was half as good as he thought he was, he wouldn't be anywhere near S6.

Mandarin won't **** about. 3 more weeks of this, and he will act.

Top post.

DJ seems to be losing it a bit.

Swaps his captain in Septemeber, gives the armband to a player who has only been here a couple of weeks.

Signs Bothroyd on loan, puts him straight into the team out of preference, rather than O'Grady who has been terrific all season.

In pre season bangs on about wanting to keep the core of the squad and keep the team spirit, yet he brings in a whole new team and only has 1 player from last season playing today. All these changes can't be good for morale or the side in general.

Says Lee is not ready yet, however plays really well today and proves him wrong completely. Clearly he would have been a much better option than Mattock at right back on Wednesday?

Maguire, not even having a sniff, although Bothroyd, Rodri and Madine are all not performing.

Doesn't even know what his best starting 11 is and it's late September, a big squad with alot of players being isolated and not given an opportunity.

We don't even know who our corner and free kick takers are. Bothroyd, Jones, McCabe, Pecnik, Barkley?

The team seems all over the place at the moment and needs sorting out. There is no calmness, togetherness or stability. These things should have been sorted by now.

At present he doesnt really know what he is doing, and is trying any formation, with any combination of players in a vain attempt to stumble across a winning formula. I couldn't tell anybody what our tactics are, best back 4 or ideal formation. We have no plan, other than shuffling the pack, and see what happens. Jones is a rabbit in the headlights at present.

What is your problem? I've asked a fairly straightforward question. Yet you can't seem to get your head round it. Or you're just using to have a personal dig at me. Nice one. Pat yourself on the back and jog on.

His problem is that he only has bi polar opinions and can't understand anything different.

Therefore he thinks that if another fan criticises DJ, it must mean they want him sacked.

I think the team that played against Wycombe is better than this one!! All on radio is about new division, time etc, but what about DJ's judgement. Rips out spine of team, Llera & Semedo & current best striker O'Grady & add a load of his players that he finds hard to sub cos he's pig headed & are his players, Taylor & Bothroyd.. Also subbing Rodri who was the only player who looked like scoring to keep Bothroyd on!!

DJ is very pig headed, O'grady would run through brick walls for the team & yet he still doesn't reward a place & its a disgrace! Great also to reward JJ having a good start to season by sticking him back on bench! Well done DJ ffs!

Dave Jones loves to have his impact players on the bench (JJ, JOC, Semedo et al) Makes the job doubly difficult having 3 or 4 none impact players on the pitch for 70 minutes.

Taylor :- can't run, can't turn, can't jump, so one footed it's untrue. Llera :- Best left foot in league, sadly missed.

Bothroyd :- Has a pi55 poor match showing a lack of effort and application. Then has the brass neck to criticise those who put his bread on the table.

COG :- rumours rife of move to Barnsley. Hill when interviewed denied it but went on to say he would run through concrete for his manager. Jones should wake up to this fact.

Dave Jones did a great job of nursing the Megson team over the line but since he's saught to develop his own team his key acquisitions (Bothroyd & Taylor) have both been sadly lacking to the detriment of the team in a none out of four run.