Buxton: back to his best?

I thought he had a cracking game today. Back to playing like Cafu - marauding up and down the wing. Couple of cracking deliveries and that tackle when they were breaking was brilliant - most would have missed it or conceded a foul. He took ball clean as a whistle.

He'll face much sterner tests. Didn't think they offered that much down their left-hand side. Was it Lowry and Wright who were playing that side for them?

Anyway, think he can take heart from today - after not being totally convincing in first two games - and kick on.

Two more things:

1. What a ****** James Henry is/was.

2. Who was fault for their goals? I was sat near Lep and couldn't really get perspective. Know Semedo gave it away for second, but lad seemed to be acres of space, was convinced he must have been offside, but there were no appeals so must have been safely on.

Guest Big Guns

Mom for me tday outstanding

Sorry jurors no scapegoat yet

The brutal truth so far is semedo hasn't stepped up yet ,but I'm giving him time

He was superb, for the first game this season looked fully match fit and back to his best. Possibly man of the match to anyone who paid attention to his superb defending and link up play. I feel JJ started well but faded after the rain came down.

Mom for me tday outstanding

Sorry jurors no scapegoat yet

The brutal truth so far is semedo hasn't stepped up yet ,but I'm giving him time

Semedo too sloppy in possession but plays in such a frenetic style, hard for him to run around like a madman, and then be clam and composed in possession. Still the heartbeat of our team, in terms of the amount of harrying he does, and sets the tone for the rest, but needs to iron out the mistakes.

Guest York-owl-chris

Sounded on WP that Antonio improved today, particularly 2nd half, would that be fair to say?.

Yeah especially in the second half. I seem to think he's better at just powering forward rather than trying to dribble round defenders.In league one he could do it, this season he gets tackled.

My only concern about Lewis is if he comes up against pace (as he did against Brum). He has little to no cover and can get exposed.

Hopefully he will get his reading of the game sorted quickly enough and will still be effective. Had a good one at the weekend.

Just not bothered...