Rodri (two questions)

To compare him to De Bilde is an insult to Rodri .Like many others at the time De Bilde came with a big reputation [ the Beast ] and delivered very little as we were relegated .

Rodri is not the finished article and yes perhaps a little over-hyped and in this league , a lot to learn. Give him time and I'm sure his quality will shine through.

Its not meant to be an insult to Rodri. De Bilde wasn't the biggest or strongest but could spin on the ball well and did score 11 goals in his first season, he just had a bad attitude whereas Rodri is well up for it. At least Rodri is two footed whereas De Bilde was extremely one footed and didn't fancy Div 1.

To compare him to De Bilde is an insult to Rodri .Like many others at the time De Bilde came with a big reputation [ the Beast ] and delivered very little as we were relegated .

Rodri is not the finished article and yes perhaps a little over-hyped and in this league , a lot to learn. Give him time and I'm sure his quality will shine through.

De Bilde one of the original cancer cells of our club.

i've seen him twice now and my impression of him from the games are is that he still has a lot to learn.

and the expectation and hype(because we got him from barcelona)may hamper him.

Kid's just turned 22, come to a country, completely different tempo and style of play, doesn't speak the language, has trained with his teammates for less than a week - of course, he's got a lot to learn.

This is a kid who apparently thinks he should be in the Barca first team, has been described as a 'character' by prominent Spanish pundit and has been brave enough to change countries so he can play. He seems to expect a lot of himself so I don't see it being a highe issue.

And the hype and expectation only really manifests itself in the chanting, which more than anything else, will just make him feel involved straight away. And considering age, language barrier and big move he's made, can only be a good thing.

Guest wadsgod

A couple of questions for people to ponder.

Which ex players does he remind you of?

I see Marc Degryse, in his stature & balance. A few of my friends have said Benni Carbone, which I can also see.

Who is the perfect partner for him?

I think O'Grady could be the man, which has made me eat my own words as I was worried whether he could cope at this level. However, my opinion is still the same that he won't score enough goals, but his strength & hold up play will bring Rodri in to the game more as Rodri drops in to the hole and I believe Rodri, Antonio & JJ will score goals with this fast paced style we have adopted.

I said to my wife when he was walking off the pitch at the Birmingham game. That's the closest thing I've seen to Carbone.

I can't believe ppl are still slagging Cog. I was doubtful that he could make the step up, but I think he's proved us wrong and fully deserves his place. He's done well when he's started and changed the game when he came on Saturday

Edited by Blueblood