Views on McCabe

4 - 5 - 1

Depending on which striker we bring in.

Barkley - semedo - McCabe

With Antonio and JJ on the wings.

Madine or COG up front (Or another striker if we sign one...Bothroyd?)

Would work well I think.

Guest YO10OWL

Mccabe was missing a bit in the first half along with 8 others. Second half, he was quality. Grafting, putting a pass in, great leap for small guy, good hassling, positioning, LONG MAY IT CONTINUE.

Guest utOwlz

Can't believe radio Sheffield United have said that he was a passenger. Must have been at a different game to me, in my opinion he was best of the lot along with JJ first half (ie the only two who turned up) and in the second he bossed it from midfield.

I couldnt get tickets today, so when i heard RS say he was a passenger i thought he had not had a good game, as i could only go on what they were saying, so its nice to hear from Wednesday fans who were at the game as RS clearly talk poo poo sometimes

Guest Bald Owl

Semedo dropped? flipping nonsense he's the main actor. Ball winner (Semedo) gives to ball player (McCabe) to distribute. As per Palmer Sheridan, be like the good old days. Has anyone entered us for the Rumbelows cup this year?

I couldnt get tickets today, so when i heard RS say he was a passenger i thought he had not had a good game, as i could only go on what they were saying, so its nice to hear from Wednesday fans who were at the game as RS clearly talk poo poo sometimes

I listened on Wednesday player - Mark Smith said he was a passenger in the first half, and also complained we were always passing to Cogba's feet - We should have been knocking it over the top for him to run onto!!

I was fuming - That is why English coaches and the English game are out of date!

I hear this phrase often but do not understand what it actually means? Are there components which can be described as technical.

Not a dig......just a question

Technically ability such as that killer ball, finding space and having a good football brain compared to physical ability such as how fast you can run

Ridiculous statement on so many levels!!!!

1. We're blatantly not going to drop our defensive midfielder, especially given our defensive frailties!

2. Mccabe's played 1 game!

3. We dont know how Barkley will perform - he is highly rated but so was bostock!

4. You think we're good enough to play with 6 attack minded players!?

5. show some f*kcing loyalty, to our player of the season

6. Are you suggesting Semedo was our worst player today and that everyone else is in front of him? Picnic was dyer, Antonio had an off day, O'Grady amazing goal but all round play wasnt great, JJ was the stand out performer but he's not gonna do that every week

Personally i thought Pecnic didn't look too bad today he just struggled to do anything because nobody on the team made any space for him so everytime he got the ball he had nobody to pass to. Buxton and Reda didn't support him from the back and Ogrady JJ and Antonio didn't make enough space in the first half.

Antonio wasn't at his best but thought Ogrady was a hell of a lot better in the second half - he put a shift in and had quite a few sensational touches.

I listened on Wednesday player - Mark Smith said he was a passenger in the first half, and also complained we were always passing to Cogba's feet - We should have been knocking it over the top for him to run onto!!

I was fuming - That is why English coaches and the English game are out of date!

That pissed me off as well, "get it dahn line", get it ooer t' top.

Heaven forbid we should actually try and pass to feet!

He was brilliant in the 2nd half- I think he'll be one of our best signings in a long time.

Great on the ball- calm and composed with a great eye for a pass...but most importantly, he looks like he LOVES a scrap for a little-un! Proper little battler by the looks of things.

Super start, and i'm sure it will bring the best out of Lines to get the shirt to play alongside Semedo.

Guest kiltonowl

Personally i thought Pecnic didn't look too bad today he just struggled to do anything because nobody on the team made any space for him so everytime he got the ball he had nobody to pass to. Buxton and Reda didn't support him from the back and Ogrady JJ and Antonio didn't make enough space in the first half.

Antonio wasn't at his best but thought Ogrady was a hell of a lot better in the second half - he put a shift in and had quite a few sensational touches.

To be fair everyone in the 1st half looked proper nervous, apart from Mccabe who looked quite composed, didnt do owt spectacular but didnt give the ball away and kept it tidy.

Picnic couldnt get a head on the ball and most balls to feet bounced off him, think it was more physical than he is used too, it might be a few months before we see the best of him. Because its such an important role behind the striker, if you have a bad game it's really noticeable because a bad touch means the play breaks down and you lose the ball, a bit like what was heppening with an unfit rooney in the euro's.

I wasn't at the game today and I heard and read he is a technically gifted player. How is he compared to Potter?

Night and day on today's performance.

He really loves a fight- up for everything in the air and launching himself into tackles.

Injects momentum into the play rather than sucking it away like Potter used to- drives forwards with the ball at his feet and played some lovely forward passes. Gave the ball away a couple of times when trying to overplay it but that kind of thing is linked to experience.

Very exciting little player and a potential gem.

Guest Milan Mandaric - God

Just central midfield, does everything well.

Barkley in for Semedo if we do sign him

Keep Semedo in there, he's too vital not to be in the XI.

A midfield in a 4-2-3-1 of:

-------Semedo-----McCabe---------

JJ------------Barkley-------Antonio

Lacked a little bit of accuracy?

Did he even give the ball away?

Because if he did I certainly don't recall it.

As much as I love Semedo, McCabe looked head and shoulders (plus a bit more) ahead of him.

(I'm not sayin Semedo can't play Championship football btw - early days)