Megson's view on the Championship

''One-to-watch: Michail Antonio. Will be one of the stars of the Championship. I actually recommended him to a Premier League club''

you did WHAT gary!?

''Match the fans want to win: Sheffield Utd. Oh, they aren’t in the same division! So I’ll say Barnsley''

gary megson

Edited by Adebisi

Enjoyed reading that. Especially, who the fans want to beat, "Sheffield Utd, oh, wait a minute ...."

Not impressed he recommended Antonio to someone else.

Still think our biggest strength isn't Hillsborough but our manager. He can't really say that though can he.

First pre-season review where I've agreed with the review of almost every club. Knows his stuff.

Guest wilyfox

''One-to-watch: Michail Antonio. Will be one of the stars of the Championship. I actually recommended him to a Premier League club''

you did WHAT gary!?

yeah, that's a bit of a biatch slap.

Sheffield Wednesday

Best signing: Anthony Gardner, strong defender who knows his way around at this level.

One-to-watch: Michail Antonio. Will be one of the stars of the Championship. I actually recommended him to a Premier League club.

Biggest strength: The fact that Hillsborough is no longer a place that visiting teams like to come and play.

Match the fans want to win: Sheffield Utd. Oh, they aren’t in the same division! So I’ll say Barnsley.

Home ground fortress rating: ***** (I would say that!)

Main weakness: It’s unknown whether several key players can make the step up.

Where they’ll finish: Top half

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz23jiPTcm5

:st2:flipping hell non so bitter as a manager scorned gary megson

Edited by steelowl

Why would it be Stoke.

They sell Ben Marshall for a million.

Then GM thinks, i know, i'll advise them to buy Antonio for a million.

He wouldn't be working for them long.

Who else could it logically be? I can't see him working as a scout for anyone; much more likely it was passed on in an informal capacity.

Just because they sold one winger, doesn't mean they'll rule out the possibility of signing any other young wingers.

And remember, they offered a contract to retain Marshall. He turned it down so they had to sell. Also, Antonio strikes me as a player who fits the Pulis mould more than Marshall.

Edited by Juror8

Sheffield Wednesday

Best signing: Anthony Gardner, strong defender who knows his way around at this level.

One-to-watch: Michail Antonio. Will be one of the stars of the Championship. I actually recommended him to a Premier League club.

Biggest strength: The fact that Hillsborough is no longer a place that visiting teams like to come and play.

Match the fans want to win: Sheffield Utd. Oh, they aren’t in the same division! So I’ll say Barnsley.

Home ground fortress rating: ***** (I would say that!)

Main weakness: It’s unknown whether several key players can make the step up.

Where they’ll finish: Top half

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz23jiPTcm5

:st2:flipping hell non so bitter as a manager scorned gary megson

Exactly what I thought.

I thought he mightve rised above that Wednesday fan, but then again he was probably paid to do some scouting.

Guest foreverSWFC

You don't have to be Sherlock to figure it was this summer.

Antonio was on Megson's radar for along time, may have recommended him to a prem club before he joined us, i don't know.

Also when he was here he prided himself on turning Hillsborough back into a fortress, funny that he put that as our strength.

gary megson

Who else could it logically be? I can't see him working as a scout for anyone; much more likely it was passed on in an informal capacity.

Just because they sold one winger, doesn't mean they'll rule out the possibility of signing any other young wingers.

And remember, they offered a contract to retain Marshall. He turned it down so they had to sell. Also, Antonio strikes me as a player who fits the Pulis mould more than Marshall.

They tried to keep him because they knew what he could do/was capable of.

Having known that, they settled on a million.

Antoinio, all they knew was he had done well in division one.

To offer a player to them, that Reading did not want in the Championship, for a million seems a bit silly.