Anyone considering Brighton away... prepare to be ripped off

Guest chapeltom

Its not only the ground - went earlier this year and the Council wanted something ridiculous like £14 for the day to park on the seafront road. Cash only no card or pay by phone option. Won't be going back with the family in a hurry.

In reality the tickets are going to cost pretty much the same price as last season. They were £24, but you had to make separate arrangements for parking, park&ride, local buses or local trains. Sadly, so many fans (home and away) last season bunked on the buses and trains every match, the club had to take action. This year they have included a travel voucher for public transport and park & ride in the ticket price.

This means if you drive down there are 3 park and ride sites you can use. If you travel by train to Brightons main station, your ticket then takes you to the ground by either train or buses.

In fact, if you coming by train, you only need to buy your ticket to Haywards Heath (not Brighton) if you are coming from the north, as the travel voucher includes train travel from thereon in. If you are coming from the west, the trian ticket you buy only has to get you to Worthing, and from the east, the train ticket you buy only has to get you to Seaford.

I think £4 for parking and full use of local public transport isn't that bad, not round Brighton anyway.

Hope to see plenty of you for the game, shame it's on a Friday night, that's what we should be protesting about, keeping football at 3pm on Saturdays.

Edited by Oldshirts

In reality the tickets are going to cost pretty much the same price as last season. They were £24, but you had to make separate arrangements for parking, park&ride, local buses or local trains. Sadly, so many fans (home and away) last season bunked on the buses and trains every match, the club had to take action. This year they have included a travel voucher for public transport and park & ride in the ticket price.

Excluding last season (as we weren't there) they've always provided a travel voucher on the times I've visited.

Excluding last season (as we weren't there) they've always provided a travel voucher on the times I've visited.

I know you weren't there last season, but they decided not to do the travel voucher last season for whatever reasons. It didn't work out so well, as per the reasons I mentioned in my previous post, due to fans not paying for trains or buses, and confusion over the individual purchase arrangements for P&R.

There is an increase over the prices at Withdean of course, I am pretty sure if you come to the Amex, you'll appreciate it. The club has gone to great lengths to make the stadium a great place, for home and away fans, there are no bad seats in the place, the lavs don;t smell like an east end sewer, the seats are even padded! Fans are treated like human beings, the catering is excellent, with really good quality food, plus they'll probably get in some real ales from your part of the world for the match, as well as a couple of Sussex ales, there is lager avaialble too. Before and after the match all fans are welcome in Dicks Bar at the front of the stadium although it will get pretty busy. After the game most of the bars stay open, and all fans are welcome in the bar under the North Stand (home end) where there is normally a good chance for a chinwag with oppo fans, Dicks Bar is also open to all after the game.

I guess you take your choice, it is a little bit different at the Amex, not your usual football ground, I hope those of you who make the trip enjoy it.

Edited by Oldshirts

I'll most certainly be making the trip mate, but £34 is a bit steep in anyone's books.

I'm quite certain your ground is good, the added extras you've mentioned sound great too. I understand there are padded seats as well.

When all that is considered, I'd rather pay £15-£20 for an open terrace than get fleeced for a few extras.

I'm actually really looking forward to this game.

Not been to Brighton since the 4-0 spanking we handed out in 1990 at the Goldstone and a young Chris Eubank shadow boxed on the pitch.

Staying in the Blue Lagood B&B. Four lads. In Blue Lagoon. All I can think of is blue oyster bar in police academy!

I went to the Amex end of last season for the Sussex Senior Cup Final.

I was honestly expecting it to be a pretty soulless identikit stadium. In reality the stadium itself is beautifully designed, the facilities are excellent and the atmosphere, for even a non-league fixture was really good.

The in stadium catering is the best I've ever experienced, locally sourced pies, hand pulled ales etc. and non of it is over priced. So there's no sense of being ripped off in that aspect whatsoever. The stadium as many of you know is out of town but they keep the bars under the stand open until well after 11 for evening games and away fans are welcomed in wee pipe's Bar. I'm mates with a few Brighton season ticket holders and they've said there's never been any trouble in there and it's a really good banter atmosphere. What does rankle is when away fans give it the old homophobic stuff but I'm sure most of you appreciate how to behave.

Anyone going to this should be in for a good one

Guest intercity0wl

I went to the Amex end of last season for the Sussex Senior Cup Final.

I was honestly expecting it to be a pretty soulless identikit stadium. In reality the stadium itself is beautifully designed, the facilities are excellent and the atmosphere, for even a non-league fixture was really good.

The in stadium catering is the best I've ever experienced, locally sourced pies, hand pulled ales etc. and non of it is over priced. So there's no sense of being ripped off in that aspect whatsoever. The stadium as many of you know is out of town but they keep the bars under the stand open until well after 11 for evening games and away fans are welcomed in wee pipe's Bar. I'm mates with a few Brighton season ticket holders and they've said there's never been any trouble in there and it's a really good banter atmosphere. What does rankle is when away fans give it the old homophobic stuff but I'm sure most of you appreciate how to behave.

Anyone going to this should be in for a good one

Sounds good to me, there are a few of going down, and depending on where about we end up staying Dickies bar sounds worth a visit, and although i know it shouldn't, the name does sound as tho it was chosen as a wind up.

Edited by intercity0wl

http://www.owlstalk....3/#entry3767243

Correct Josh.

I posted this estimated away allocation and prices table a few weeks ago. For those that haven't seen it, there are a few 'eye openers' in there.

UTO :biggrin:

You've been wrong for 2 out of 2 so far, though!

Your predictions were £8 over the actual price for Derby and £4 over for Palace

Brighton have a nice new snazzy stadium to pay for, but £34 is taking the p!ss.

Still going though!

just for the record we are charging £26 for away fans this season, £15 concessions.

And rightly so best view in the stadium

Guest Deleted member

We're hoping to leave early for this one on the Wednesdayite coach and have a lovely day out at the coast pre-match