Anyone considering Brighton away... prepare to be ripped off

Guest chapeltom

As others have said, while fans continue to pay, clubs have no reason to reduce prices.

If they are selling tickets for home areas at the same prices we are paying we can't really complain.

Leeds is the exception, not having any child tickets available for away fans should be illegal.

Guest mikeglossopowl

I believe we can't charge the away fans more than our highest price, so I think £26.00 would have been the max last year

Just heard off a Barnsley fan that Brighton are charging £28 to sit in a corner or £34 to sit down the side. It was £24 to sit behind a goal last season, this year, people are being fleeced.

I'm sorry but in the Prem, £34 would be acceptable but not in the 2nd tier.

I'm half wishing I hadn't bothered booking train tickets down. Complete joke and I bet the corner seats are limited as well!!

If you feel the need to apologise for something you say then you shouldn't say it in the 1st place

As others have said, while fans continue to pay, clubs have no reason to reduce prices.

If they are selling tickets for home areas at the same prices we are paying we can't really complain.

Leeds is the exception, not having any child tickets available for away fans should be illegal.

they do that with home fans as well, once went with my mate about 3 years ago and got told that they don't do kids tickets on the door and the cheapest adult ticket was £28, this was against the bottom of the league in L1. thieving bar stewards.

Hotel's already booked for that weekend, so looks like it's going to be a rather dear do ....

Heard it's Fresher's week / weekend when we play them tho ain't it ?

That's why it got moved to the Friday cus they have a MASSIVE knees up on the beach all weekend

I was expecting this match to be pretty expensive, they have got fairly cheap season ticket prices for home fans so I expect most of the away fans will have to pay a premium price to go to the amex this year. Does anyone know when the tickets go on sale for members? This is the closest game for me so i'll save on travel so it wont be too bad. I'm hoping this will be my mrs first game as well.

Hotel's already booked for that weekend, so looks like it's going to be a rather dear do ....

Heard it's Fresher's week / weekend when we play them tho ain't it ?

So our main goalscorer will be unavailable for that game then, great.

I was expecting this match to be pretty expensive, they have got fairly cheap season ticket prices for home fans so I expect most of the away fans will have to pay a premium price to go to the amex this year. Does anyone know when the tickets go on sale for members? This is the closest game for me so i'll save on travel so it wont be too bad. I'm hoping this will be my mrs first game as well.

Correct.

It's another way for clubs to offer value to home fans and fleece away fans - provided home fans are prepared to get a season ticket.

Guest intercity0wl

Correct.

It's another way for clubs to offer value to home fans and fleece away fans - provided home fans are prepared to get a season ticket.

Which they have done in big numbers

Guest chapeltom

Don't think the OP is actually moaning in such about the price itself but more the fact that it's gone up by £10 from from last season, if this is the case then yeah I agree it's a massive hike in price.

Think Ipswich are charging £39 at Portman Road!

Thank you, that's what I meant. I wasn't moaning at the price but the increase.

Guest kiltonowl

Thank you, that's what I meant. I wasn't moaning at the price but the increase.

Its a different division!

Anyway I gather the seats are padded so at least your arse wont be too sore after being bum raped at the ticket offfice.