JJ twitter

Guest Waterthorpeowl

Guest thetruthisoutthere

I know he's been here ages, but I never got the feeling that JJ really had the passion for Sheffield Wednesday like players such as Ryan Lowe and Miguel Llera showed.

Dunno, maybe I've seen him strolling around the pitch on a Tuesday night looking uninterested too many times. Or maybe I was wrong.

Naar m8 his passion in the Derby games really came out in the past

Couldn't disagree more to be honest.

He is a naturally frustrating player, but I have never doubted his commitment to the cause.

JJ could have a blinder of a season and people will still knock him.

Lesser players would have crumbled and buggered off by now with the amount of sh*t he gets from certain sections of our fanbase.

Totally agree. JJ is one of my Favourite players. Yes, he can be inconsistent but I haven't seen many players in a blue and witw shirt that are as exciting as he is. You can tell that he loves the club. I believe that he is a Wednesdayite. Some fans give him some stick but it's obvious that the managers he's played for believe in him.

Hootie has made it clear on here that he has met JJ a bit and that he really does care.

I think it is easy to blame JJ's inconsistency on a lack of passion and heart...when actually it is just because it is pretty difficult to beat 8 players and score worldies every week which is what everyone expects of him.

I know he's been here ages, but I never got the feeling that JJ really had the passion for Sheffield Wednesday like players such as Ryan Lowe and Miguel Llera showed.

Dunno, maybe I've seen him strolling around the pitch on a Tuesday night looking uninterested too many times. Or maybe I was wrong.

Usain Bolt does that 45 meters into 100meter race and peoPle love him for it

Guest Reneowlsup

I love JJ.

Yes he messes up his final ball sometimes but a lot of players couldn't get themselves into the positions JJ does.

He makes his own chances, its not like they get put on a plate for him and he blazes over.

When he does compose himself in front of goal he scores goals.

It must be hard running at that pace, high heart rate etc then to try and compose himself to finish.

Its unnatural.

Very good points.

I've always been a big fan of JJ and I'm glad that he's stayed with us for so long.

People always complain about his poor final ball but the fact is that if it was more consistent then he wouldn't be playing for us.

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again - if JJ had a more consistent final ball he'd be playing Premier League football. He started his English club career at Bolton and as far as I'm aware the reason he was eventually let go was because of his end product.

Sometimes I don't think that even he knows what he's going to do with the ball never mind us fans of the opposition defence but it's nice to have such a long servant to the club as JJ has been.

Guest keyser soze

There haven't been many players that have got us out of our seat in the time he's been here. But he's done it frequently.

You can't not love JJ, even if he does frustrate

Hootie has made it clear on here that he has met JJ a bit and that he really does care.

I think it is easy to blame JJ's inconsistency on a lack of passion and heart...when actually it is just because it is pretty difficult to beat 8 players and score worldies every week which is what everyone expects of him.

Love JJ. Love Hooties stories about him too.

Interesting reading this thread. Sort of changed my view on him. Never really seen him as particularly passionate but like people have said, people show it in their own way - and JJ certainly has his own way of doing things.

Not me trying to suggest otherwise, but was it JJ or Jeffers that Purse was really critical of in that quite revealing interview he gave?

Guest thebusbybriddon

I don't think you can doubt JJ's commitment to Wednesday.

I remember when he had to play right back against Coventry on a Tuesday night in a massive game to stay up a few years ago, he played admirably, but botched a clearance and they scored, Richard Wood equalised so he was saved his blushes. But after the match JJ was in tears, I think that shows how much he cares.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Like other people said, he just shows it in a different way.

But Ryan Lowe buggered off so.... yeah.