Reda

Guest dave jones n.1

All full backs get done from time to time by good wingers.

That's the wingers job...!

Even Nilsson got pulled apart once by Sinton at QPR and Roland is one of the best full backs I've ever seen.

Think Reda improved no end last season at left back.

Guest Bedders

Buxton is a six footer himself and has scored from corners too. I understand what you say when you mention his goals from full back, but I think at this higher level, his inexperience in the position will be exposed more.

It's the classic dilemma, do you go for the goal scoring option or the solid option? I think a lot depends on the amount of goals the rest of the team can generate.

Of course, I wouldn't want to be the one to tell him he's been dropped to the bench :)

If I was DJ..... I'd sit JJ n Reda down and make them watch a few videos of the KIng / Worthington overlap in action. I was pulling my hair out at the number of times Reda bombed past JJ and JJ (oblivious to those around him) belted into the West Stand! There is no point working an overlap if you don't use it.......it leaves the space behind exposed!

Reda is a beast & needs to be utilized! BTW He's first choice left back for me.....end of!

Edited by Bedders

So how many time have you seen Mattock to make your judgements on consistency and reliability?

Point I'm making is that Reda always seems to have at least one lapse in a game. From seeing the two defensively I am sure that mattock is the better defensive left back although I'm yet to see his attacking strength.

Reda is a good player and will get better, but for right now, I think that mattock is just that bit sounder and more experienced at this level.

Before people think I'm picking on Reda here, let me assure you that I'm not. I'm pleased to have a selection dilemma at left back for the first time really since the worthington-king era.

Reda is a good left back, but remember that the first time he ever played there was about a year ago and he's only ever played against league one wingers. Championship wingers have more pace and technique and seeing him get caught out at times leaves me wondering if he should start ahead of a player who has spent most of his career in that position and at this level.

If Reda can show that he can step up his improvement and deal with championship wingers regularly then all credit to him. But mattock has already proved it.

Point I'm making is that Reda always seems to have at least one lapse in a game. From seeing the two defensively I am sure that mattock is the better defensive left back although I'm yet to see his attacking strength.

Reda is a good player and will get better, but for right now, I think that mattock is just that bit sounder and more experienced at this level.

Mattock made his name being a very attack minded fullback something he looked to do as often as possible at Doncaster last week so i just dont get how after a few games you have him down as a sounder defender than Reda allready.

Mattock made his name being a very attack minded fullback something he looked to do as often as possible at Doncaster last week so i just dont get how after a few games you have him down as a sounder defender than Reda allready.

Just basing it on what I've seen. Admittedly other people might think differently, but I just think that mattock is slightly better as a full back, but Reda brings goals.

It's a nice debate to be able to have though isn't it?

40 games 10 goals and defensively sound in my opinion, on a learning curve as left back not his natural position. 1st choice for me. See how mattock fairs but i like reda. Hes a utility man that can go in elsewhere. A phil jones if you will.....

Follow the reda reda reda follow the reda JOHNSON

#jumpandwave

We have 2 quite different options at full back. Not sure why there's an argument. Form will ultimately judge who plays more next season, however, horses for courses would tell you that there will be times that one suits the style of a team over the other. Science.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Reda for me mattock to push him all the way

And if he doesn't make the first 11 against a particular team for some reason he would be the league's first impact fullback....

I think Reda has a future at centre back at the club. I'd be happier with Mattock at left back since it's his natural position with Reda trying to stake a claim in his natural position in the centre. With Gardner and Llera both in their 30's he should really be pushing them for a starting place.

If the scenario should happen that he was to play all season at LB then I'm sure he will get found out on occasion but which LB in the division won't?!

He'd also chip in with the odd goal and cause problems at set pieces which other LBs wouldn't. I'd still probably start with Mattock once fully fit but Reda will hold his own. He just looks cumbersome at times but I love him all the same!