Reda

Guest dave jones n.1

Guest dave jones n.1

I was concerned that he would really struggle against better opposition, but today I thought he did well against odemwingie,...thoughts please

Defensively ok, but his distribution and composure still need improving. I think that mattock just edges him based on what I've seen just purely on consistency and reliability.

With Gardner, llera, Madine and potentially Buxton, I don't think we need Reda at corners.

Defensively ok, but his distribution and composure still need improving. I think that mattock just edges him based on what I've seen just purely on consistency and reliability.

With Gardner, llera, Madine and potentially Buxton, I don't think we need Reda at corners.

Potentially buxton?? I always thought

He looked quite short. Can you really leave a leftback out who has a close ton1 in 4 record at the club?? I personally am a reda fan. He takes considered risks rather than outright idiocy.

Potentially buxton?? I always thought

He looked quite short. Can you really leave a leftback out who has a close ton1 in 4 record at the club?? I personally am a reda fan. He takes considered risks rather than outright idiocy.

Buxton is a six footer himself and has scored from corners too. I understand what you say when you mention his goals from full back, but I think at this higher level, his inexperience in the position will be exposed more.

It's the classic dilemma, do you go for the goal scoring option or the solid option? I think a lot depends on the amount of goals the rest of the team can generate.

Of course, I wouldn't want to be the one to tell him he's been dropped to the bench :)

Guest StamfordOwl

Unfortunately i don't think he is good enough for this league. I was one of his biggest fans last season as League One football matches how he plays. But against higher classed opposition he would get torn apart. I do however like the new lad Joe Mattock. Maybe its his position to lose?

Unfortunately i don't think he is good enough for this league. I was one of his biggest fans last season as League One football matches how he plays. But against higher classed opposition he would get torn apart. I do however like the new lad Joe Mattock. Maybe its his position to lose?

How do you work that out ?

He had Odemwingie and Cox all'ore today, looked solid.

There arent many players as good as Peter Odemwingie in the Championship.

Guest StamfordOwl

How do you work that out ?

He had Odemwingie and Cox all'ore today, looked solid.

There arent many players as good as Peter Odemwingie in the Championship.

He got picked off a few times in League One, with a pacey wingers and fullbacks overlapping he will get caught out big style. Championship is all about being intelligent and having some pace. Something Reda lacks. League one football was all about keeping out long balls and hitting them on the counter, something Reda was decent at. Championship its a whole different ball game. Thats all.

Having said that, i would be over the moon if he proves me wrong.

UTO

Guest wilyfox

I love Gardner already me. He does everything so professionally and will certainly help reda out. Plus he is a beast.

Gardner's quality will vindicate the decision to move Rob Jones on, I'm sure. He and Kirkland doing fine.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Championship is all about being intelligent and having some pace. Something Reda lacks.

His languid style gives that impression but why take two strides when one will do - his power of recovery and timing is incredible.

Your comment about intelligence in play is way off the mark.

For many reasons he is one of the most exciting talents this club has had for many years and he has been fantastic to watch.

So how many time have you seen Mattock to make your judgements on consistency and reliability?

Fantastic last season and that's not all down to his goals. I felt safe with him at left-back which is a surprise considering the shaky nature of his early centre-back performances.

I've got no doubts on him, there may be the odd game where people pick fault, in fact there will be, but he'll continue to make that position his own.

Guest StamfordOwl

Fantastic last season and that's not all down to his goals. I felt safe with him at left-back which is a surprise considering the shaky nature of his early centre-back performances.

I've got no doubts on him, there may be the odd game where people pick fault, in fact there will be, but he'll continue to make that position his own.

But surely to have someone who's played most of his football in the Championship and part in the Premiership (Joe Mattock) is a better option than someone who lets face it, is only proven in League One? But like i say, no one will be happier at S6 than me if he's a success.

Buxton is a six footer himself and has scored from corners too. I understand what you say when you mention his goals from full back, but I think at this higher level, his inexperience in the position will be exposed more.

It's the classic dilemma, do you go for the goal scoring option or the solid option? I think a lot depends on the amount of goals the rest of the team can generate.

Of course, I wouldn't want to be the one to tell him he's been dropped to the bench :)

Buxton's scored 3 goals in 4 seasons at the club