Great looking stadiums

Guest worksopwednesday

Guest LC Owl

I went to the Commerzbank Arena in Frankfurt a few years back to a night game and that's a decent stadium. But for me the best bit was the walk up to the ground, it's in the middle of a forest and you have a long walk up to it from the tram stop and seeing it all lit up through the trees looks really impressive.

On a tour of Mallorca last week we dropped down this hill in middle of nowhere to be greated by the Mallorca ground "ONO STADIUM".

Its not the best stadium in the world by any stretch of the immagination, but it looked impressive at that very moment !

To answer the OP, watching a game in the Nou Camp was unlike anything ive ever experienced, football or non football .

I've been to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California and I was shocked at what a dump it was. I'm going back to 1993 but I was incredulous to find that a stadium holding something like 120,000 had no toilet facilities as far as I could tell. The car parks had portaloos everywhere that made 'the worst toilet in Scotland' in 'Trainspotting' look like an operating theatre.

I like the Etihad Stadium in Manchester

Bit dissapointed to be honest when i went for a concert.

thought it would be more impressive.

Hillsborough looks massive in comparison imho.

Maybe its the setting though. Industrial area vs Residential.

New York Stadium - best stadium ever made. Forget your Ibrox's, your Old Trafford's, your San Siro's. The absolutely beautiful and marvel that is the NYS is no doubt the greatest ever architectural design of any stadium in the entire world.

Not only the best in Yorkshire, but the best stadium on the planet.

Guest worksopwednesday

I agree with the area around ibrox bloody dodgy. But sadly well never see these types of stadia built again from now on all to be built off the same style plans as new York or keepmoat which is sad.

Guest thewill

Not the best looking, but Maine road with its MASSIVE main stand was a sight when driving into/out of Manchester.

Guest danny wath owl

The nou camp was amazing.

i also love the view down herries rd as trees open up and you see the kop .

id like to go to san siro or dortmunds ground .

All this week I've been driving the work past ibrox stadium and got thinking how great the stadium looks beautiful architecture and absolutely huge. Any thoughts and the best looking stadia you've seen or visited.

Ibrox is an amazing stadium - they have kept the beautiful facades and built a modern UEFA 5 star arena into it.

Inside it just drips history and it's more like being in a royal palace rather than a football ground - and the dressing rooms are huge with a 1920's art deco feel to them - i believe many of the fittings and tiles are still originals.

LA Coliseum. Loved watching it on TV during the 1984 Olympics. But being there with over 90,000 watching a night-time (spit) USC (spit) game is always a great experience. Beautiful sightlines, even from the cheap seats.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

I thought you asked for mine ... and it's Hillsborough.

Yes it needs a lick of paint but the ground to me is the most beautiful, rich in history and a forefront of stadium design for many years, the kop was designed by the premier architect in the country Archibald Leitch who also designed most of the UK's landmark stadiums such as Highbury, Anfield and Hampden Park.

i think leitch designed the old south stand not the kop mate....

Guest swfc123

A guy called Leitch i think did our south stand the Ibrox Bill Struth stand and Highbury but on a down side he also did the John Street stand at bumhole lane