Doncaster

Guest lamort

A couple of us have the same plan, catching the 12.11 train, apparently the one after that takes 40 mins to get to Donny.

I take it everyone will be wearing colours ?

Don't think many of us will be wearing colours as we're out for the duration ... I'll just shout KOPMAN in the bar and see who responds! :)

Guest DaRuMo

unfortunately not proper boozing for this one, parking in work which is only 5 min walk if that. have a pint or 2 in lakeside 1st

Apparently police are letting us drink in the Lakeside pub? Ain't got a clue where that is but 3000+ aren't gonna fit in there

I live in donny and i will be wearing my colours so will ghoul guy and a couple of others plus my 3yr old daughter wearing her colours for the first time , if they pull me up there is **** all they can do about it.

Try old angel or weatherspoons as its 2 quid a pint, beefeater near lakeside is 4 quid ish

Edited by stocksyuto

Guest Owls1682

To be honest i think it should be alot more for a game just up the road, Torquay have opened up home area's of their Plainmoor ground to accomodate the same (2,000) number of Dirty Weeds fans for their friendly in Devon

I will be at the Torquay game on Friday for work purposes and they haven't opened up home areas. Their new stand which opens on Friday is always 80/20 split home/away fans. They use it when a large away following turn up Just like when we were there and won 4-2 a few years back. Leeds fans will be crammed in the standing room only away end. But thats what u get for a little old ground like plainmoor. If it was all seater Leeds wouldn't get 2/3 that allocation.

Guest intercity0wl

I will be at the Torquay game on Friday for work purposes and they haven't opened up home areas. Their new stand which opens on Friday is always 80/20 split home/away fans. They use it when a large away following turn up Just like when we were there and won 4-2 a few years back. Leeds fans will be crammed in the standing room only away end. But thats what u get for a little old ground like plainmoor. If it was all seater Leeds wouldn't get 2/3 that allocation.

Really ?

Change of plan by Torquay United will give Leeds United fans room in new stand

trusted-contributor-png8.png

Wednesday, July 18, 2012newspaper_user_small.jpg

Western Morning NewsFollow

Torquay United have decided to transfer 500 Leeds United fans into their new 'Bristow's Bench' grandstand in a change of heart for next week's pre-season friendly at Plainmoor.

It had been planned to accommodate visiting fans on the Popular Side terrace, but the latest move will avoid a segregation operation there.

1. ​3971086.png
    Bristow’s Bench

Leeds have sold out a 2,000-ticket allocation for the game on Friday, July 27 (7pm).

Just over a thousand will go into Plainmoor's Away End terrace, with the rest now seated in the 'Bench', two-thirds of it given over to travelling fans.

"The practicalities of placing Leeds fans on the Pop side were far more difficult to overcome than this final plan," United chairman Simon Baker said. "We have followed the advice of the Police and the Safety Advisory Group, as well as recognising the iconic nature of the Pop side to Torquay fans."

Baker added that the new arrangements will be a 'one-off', with the whole of the scheduled home section of Bristow's Bench being given to Torquay fans for the visit of Stoke City to Plainmoor on Monday, August 6, when the new £1.9million stand will be officially opened.

It will be all-ticket in Bristow's Bench for the Leeds game, but pay-on-the-turnstiles for the Pop side and the Sondico Family Stand.

United's pre-season programme starts this Friday (7.30pm), when Gulls fans will get their first chance to see Martin Ling's new-look squad against the Royal Marines.

That game (£3 adults, £1 Under-16s), which is in aid of the Help For Heroes charity, follows the players' four-day stint with the Marines.

Royal Marines' fitness instructor Shaun Hayes, who worked with the Gulls for much of last season, has taken Torquay's players to his own turf this week for some demanding endurance work.

"I've only known him for a year and he popped in for one day a week last season, as well as doing a few games with us," Torquay manager Ling said.

"His expertise and training for the lads has been superb. All our lads respect him and he has the Marines ethic of togetherness and character.

"The lads have always come back smiling whenever he has put on a session, knowing they've worked really hard.

"It is nice for the players to hear a different voice, and the package he has put together for this week is superb. The fact we have allowed Shaun to construct the training programme shows the trust and high regard we hold him in. When I looked at the agenda, it was bang on."

Edited by intercity0wl

Guest Owls1682

Apoligies intercity. I don't think this is the norm though. Must be trying to make a quick buck from the weeds. When our tickets came through they said only 500 in gulls end. Must of changed it, it's a one off.

Really ?

Change of plan by Torquay United will give Leeds United fans room in new stand

trusted-contributor-png8.png

Wednesday, July 18, 2012newspaper_user_small.jpg

Western Morning NewsFollow

Torquay United have decided to transfer 500 Leeds United fans into their new 'Bristow's Bench' grandstand in a change of heart for next week's pre-season friendly at Plainmoor.

It had been planned to accommodate visiting fans on the Popular Side terrace, but the latest move will avoid a segregation operation there.

1. ​3971086.png
    Bristow’s Bench

Leeds have sold out a 2,000-ticket allocation for the game on Friday, July 27 (7pm).

Just over a thousand will go into Plainmoor's Away End terrace, with the rest now seated in the 'Bench', two-thirds of it given over to travelling fans.

"The practicalities of placing Leeds fans on the Pop side were far more difficult to overcome than this final plan," United chairman Simon Baker said. "We have followed the advice of the Police and the Safety Advisory Group, as well as recognising the iconic nature of the Pop side to Torquay fans."

Baker added that the new arrangements will be a 'one-off', with the whole of the scheduled home section of Bristow's Bench being given to Torquay fans for the visit of Stoke City to Plainmoor on Monday, August 6, when the new £1.9million stand will be officially opened.

It will be all-ticket in Bristow's Bench for the Leeds game, but pay-on-the-turnstiles for the Pop side and the Sondico Family Stand.

United's pre-season programme starts this Friday (7.30pm), when Gulls fans will get their first chance to see Martin Ling's new-look squad against the Royal Marines.

That game (£3 adults, £1 Under-16s), which is in aid of the Help For Heroes charity, follows the players' four-day stint with the Marines.

Royal Marines' fitness instructor Shaun Hayes, who worked with the Gulls for much of last season, has taken Torquay's players to his own turf this week for some demanding endurance work.

"I've only known him for a year and he popped in for one day a week last season, as well as doing a few games with us," Torquay manager Ling said.

"His expertise and training for the lads has been superb. All our lads respect him and he has the Marines ethic of togetherness and character.

"The lads have always come back smiling whenever he has put on a session, knowing they've worked really hard.

"It is nice for the players to hear a different voice, and the package he has put together for this week is superb. The fact we have allowed Shaun to construct the training programme shows the trust and high regard we hold him in. When I looked at the agenda, it was bang on."