Gardner It Is

Reading that fills me with confidence,nearly every poster has said Gardner for POTY,very happy with the signing.

Read the thread about him on the transfer talk tab, slightly less confident about his injury record.

From the same forum in April

http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=120800

Lifted from the Reading preamble a quote from Dougie

"Anthony Gardner's hamstring was nearly away from the bone. It was very serious and is a grade one hamstring. You're talking about three months out. He'll have to spend the whole summer doing rehab. Hopefully he'll be able to start back in pre-season".

Don't like the look of that,but I suppose he's had a thorough medical :unsure:

Guest wilyfox

he'll come back from that injury with bionic legs, don't you worry...

as for thorough medical...took forever; must have carried out every test imaginable - and then hooked him up to the matrix.

Many of the posters on Palace's forum have Gardner down for player of the season and the ones that don't rate him in the top three. Definitely a great signing. If we continue to sign teams best players then it can only be a good thing. This is the complete opposite to what we had to put up with in our kast stinit in this league.

He has averaged 30 games for the past 3 seasons, so it's a tad harsh labelling him a crock / the next Franny Jeffers

As big as Rob Jones and miles better....

2 inch smaller actually. lol

But he's still 6"5!

Edited by TheEnchanter

Guest Sniper1

Rob Jones missed plenty of games last season.

Gary Madine and Lewis Buxton missed plenty of games, it happens.

Relax gents, lets see where we are come the end of July.

Squad is coming together nicely.

Building from the back

.........Kirkland

Lee.....Gardner

left back next then.

Edited by Sniper1

This fills me with optimism....

(from the palace forum)

"I think we should offer Gardener a 2 year contract which is exactly what he is looking for and i would also make him Captain. For me he was outstanding last season and things fell apart after him and Jedi got injured. The defence looked nervous without him. Do we really need to go through the will he, wont he scenario each season, He signed last year played really well and should be rewarded with new contract."

Rob Jones missed plenty of games last season.

Gary Madine and Lewis Buxton missed plenty of games, it happens.

Relax gents, lets see where we are come the end of July.

Squad is coming together nicely.

Building from the back

.........Kirkland

Lee.....Gardner

left back next then.

Think the left back situation will need a couple of players leaving before thats filled, Bennett and Dan Jones may well find themselves on the move

Good signing for me think we might need another centre half though can't. See rob Jones cutting it at this level and don't think beavers or Reynolds are good enough lieara may. Do. But he's not proven Buxton and reds could do a job but I think they're both. Better as full backs. But for the first time since tricky trev I've got confidence in the manager to go and get the right people in.

Guest cypress hill

Beevers is a good back-up centrehalf, might even keep his place if he gets in, and wants it bad enough

if beevers gets a long run in the side,how many points do you think he'l cost us with pens & gonads dropped

Guest ka58

Which will probably make him one of the highest paid then because the other year I think the most we were paying was 5-6k. Kirkland will be on close to 10k too I reckon.

Would be surprised at 10k - wasn't exactly a bidding war for him and that's a lot of money for a goalie in champ - I would think he'd be nearer the 5/6k mark maybe with some incentives

Edit - sorry was talking about Kirkland

Edited by ka58