Matt Phillips

Today's Sun suggests that Reading are in for Matt Phillips from Blackpool.

Surely if this happens then it frees Antonio up, particulary as Reading have already sign McLeary fom Forest. My only concern would be that Antonio could be used in a player plus cash swap!

Any thoughts?

Guest sal1

Today's Sun suggests that Reading are in for Matt Phillips from Blackpool.

Surely if this happens then it frees Antonio up, particulary as Reading have already sign McLeary fom Forest. My only concern would be that Antonio could be used in a player plus cash swap!

Any thoughts?

Do you think that Antonio would fancy going that far North West?

You would like to think that Wednesday are a slightly more attractive prospect for many a player, bigger fan base, better facilities etc. Blackpool of course were close to promotion last year and have an exciting mananger.

Bearing in mind that there were rumours that Antonio wouldn't want to travel as far north as Sheffield, then you may have a point Sal1

I cant imagine blackpool having money to throw about, parachute payments dont last forever and they get crowds of about 10 k. We can see these seasiders off!! I hope lol

I think you will find Blackpool are very well off, they spent nothing in the Premiership (relatively) and the parachute payments are not shabby!

can't see Antonio joining Blackpool,

Blackpool are Ian Holloway and i fully expect him to leave this summer, he deserves a chance in EPL again and if i were WBA Holloway would be top of my list, he would be a perfect fit for them,

even Villa should forget Solskar and go for Holloway

Antonio will be an OWL 2012/2013 season

Edited by waddleisgod

Think the only way we'll lose out is if we drag our heels It's all very well trying to get the best deal we can, but we know his value to us and I can't imagine Reading will be asking for silly money we could still do without the delay that might see others take an interest

I think you will find Blackpool are very well off, they spent nothing in the Premiership (relatively) and the parachute payments are not shabby!

They aren't that well off. Was it the Chairman, or someones dad, who took something like £18m from Blackpool the other season?

Choices choices.

Monster of a football club with gates ranging from 18-30odd thousand, fans singing his name as he helps us to promotion.

Or

Tiny football club, with a queer orange kit, 10 fans banging on a piece of tin and the possibilty of a donkey ride after a match.

See you next season Michail.

Guest kiltonowl

For all we know Antonio might already be a done deal, don't forget we can't announce anybody till 1st July. We could have a reyt squad on our hands and don't even know it yet!

Why cant we announce a signings until 1st July, sorry but thats testicles pal. If the fee has been agreed and the player has signed, its a done deal, the transfer does not go thru until the 1st July admittedly but there is usually an announcement straight away. i.e. Marin to Chelsea, Podolski to Arsenal etc, etc......

For all we know Antonio might already be a done deal, don't forget we can't announce anybody till 1st July. We could have a reyt squad on our hands and don't even know it yet!

Err why?

The transfer window opens on the 26th May...

Edited by nebneeb

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Err why?

The transfer window opens on the 26th May...

Just think we could have a reyt squad on our hands and don't even know it.

Just think we could have a reyt squad on our hands and don't even know it.

Yeh, good idea by the club to keep them quiet.

Realistically there's a good chance we've signed someone, managed to stop it being leaked, and the club is thinking of it's loyal supporters by stopping a rush of part timers buying season tickets on the back of all these top signings...