Matt Phillips

Why cant we announce a signings until 1st July, sorry but thats testicles pal. If the fee has been agreed and the player has signed, its a done deal, the transfer does not go thru until the 1st July admittedly but there is usually an announcement straight away. i.e. Marin to Chelsea, Podolski to Arsenal etc, etc......

Because transfer window opens 1st a July. Why hasn't Lee been announced then? The only ******** here is u

Just think we could have a reyt squad on our hands and don't even know it.

Any player won't sign a contract until the 1st of July, that's when most contracts start. Remember few seasons ago when we signed Sedgy, Morrison, teale etc, do you really think we signed them all in the space of 3 days? They will have been done deals a long before, but all got announced together

Because transfer window opens 1st a July. Why hasn't Lee been announced then? The only ******** here is u

No, the transfer window opens on the 26th May.

Out of contract players might not sign until their current contract expires, although they can still sign pre contract agreements so they can be announced.

As far as I'm aware Antonio is under contract for at least another year anyway, so this has no bearing on that anyway.

Lee can't sign anything until after his Birthday or we'd be due to pay compensation to Oldham.

No, the transfer window opens on the 26th May.

Out of contract players might not sign until their current contract expires, although they can still sign pre contract agreements so they can be announced.

As far as I'm aware Antonio is under contract for at least another year anyway, so this has no bearing on that anyway.

Lee can't sign anything until after his Birthday or we'd be due to pay compensation to Oldham.

Still, contracts won't be signed officially till July 1st. It's very rare anything is confirmed until after this date, like I said above, do you really think Irvine signed all them 8 players in space of a couple of days? They'l have been done deals for some time

Still, contracts won't be signed officially till July 1st. It's very rare anything is confirmed until after this date, like I said above, do you really think Irvine signed all them 8 players in space of a couple of days? They'l have been done deals for some time

I think they were all out of contract players, who didn't want to sign anything until their current deals expired in case a Championship club came in for them. When their current deals ran out and they were about to stop getting paid, they signed on the dotted line and we announced it.

I think you will find Blackpool are very well off, they spent nothing in the Premiership (relatively) and the parachute payments are not shabby!

Blackpool are doing pretty well financially. Even when they were in the premiership they had a wage cap at £10,000 pw.

They were doing so well that in 2011 the owner took a £11m payout!

That went down well with their fans.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2111074/Blackpool-chief-Karl-Oyston-hits-11m-payment-fathers-business.html

Blackpool are doing pretty well financially. Even when they were in the premiership they had a wage cap at £10,000 pw.

They were doing so well that in 2011 the owner took a £11m payout!

That went down well with their fans.

http://www.dailymail...s-business.html

Their contracts are all on base salaries that are quite low with huge bonuses.

Holloway said losing the playoff final would cost his players 70-100% salary bonuses.

Guest kiltonowl

Because if we sign him before his 24th birthday in June we will have to pay compo to Oldham.

A deal can be done, signed and announced before the window opens, the player then stays at his contracted club until the window opens and money changes hands . How many deals are announced when the window is closed....loads!

Because if we sign him before his 24th birthday in June we will have to pay compo to Oldham.

A deal can be done, signed and announced before the window opens, the player then stays at his contracted club until the window opens and money changes hands . How many deals are announced when the window is closed....loads!

I'm not saying they can't be announced, it could be club policy that none are announced till signed and sealed, only time will tell

Guest kingscross2hirst

I wouldn't worry about him going to Blackpool. Holloway wont be there next season and once Matty Phillips and Ince are sold, they will implode and be back to gates of 6000 within two years.

Their chairman hasn't delivered any of the promises he made when they last went up, and although Holloway has said in the past he will be reluctant to walk out on a club again, (he left Plymouth for Leicester and got them relegated under Milan) he has outgrown them. He deserves to, and will be at a more ambitious club.

You would like to think that Wednesday are a slightly more attractive prospect for many a player, bigger fan base, better facilities etc. Blackpool of course were close to promotion last year and have an exciting mananger.

Bearing in mind that there were rumours that Antonio wouldn't want to travel as far north as Sheffield, then you may have a point Sal1

exciting manager? explain why