Getting a cutting edge

Beavons is an interesting one and could be well within our budget. 20 goals for a Wycombe team that was garbage. If he was playing upfront for either us or Charlton last year i wonder how many goals he could have had.

Edited by H2Owl

No doubt Beavon doesn't deserve to be playing in league 2 next season.....

20+ goals in a team relegated...he'll have quite a few teams looking at him I would think. Surely if we're interested, we would have let him and the club know by now.

i would wager if we got a full season out antonio and madine they'd get 35 goals between them,chuck in 15 from a combination of lowe,ranger (if we get him)cog and youve got 50 goals there .reading only scored 69 so we would be well on our way .

i would wager if we got a full season out antonio and madine they'd get 35 goals between them,chuck in 15 from a combination of lowe,ranger (if we get him)cog and youve got 50 goals there .reading only scored 69 so we would be well on our way .

35 goals between Madine and Antonio? I hope i'm wrong but i just can't see it.

...i think we need that cutting edge in midfield. We still lack creativity and a clever brain with the ability to make that one pass. That's where I would like us to spend some decent money on.

35 goals between Madine and Antonio? I hope i'm wrong but i just can't see it.

i reckon on madine getting 20 which is feasible ,antonio had 1 -3 ratio which would get him 15 . i know its a step up in class but i think they are both well capable of making that step .they are both young lads who should only improve .

Guest jamestheowl

I reckon its more the feasible that Madine is more then capable of bagging next season if he stays injury free. Main concern for me would be whether the others can. If we bag Ranger i still see us needing atleast another striker, maybe even two cause as much as i liked Lowe he din't look quick enough in league one and Championship is a step up form this. Cogba's work effort is amazing but isn't the most prolific of strikers.

I'm personally hoping we can bag Klasnic, just what we need i reckon

i reckon on madine getting 20 which is feasible ,antonio had 1 -3 ratio which would get him 15 . i know its a step up in class but i think they are both well capable of making that step .they are both young lads who should only improve .

Not a chance. Madine managed less than that in League One. Granted he had a spell on the sidelines but I'd hazard a guess that he won't play every game next season. The odd injury and suspension will see to that.

If he gets 20 in the Championship then that would be awesome but can't see it.

If Antonio was capable of 15 a season in the Championship then he'd have been doing it for Reading this season. Robson-Kanu scored 4, Kebe 3, Manset 3 (League goals according to ESPN) so I'd doubt Antonio is going to score 5 times the goals of Kebe next season.

20 goals between them will be a good return......

Not a chance. Madine managed less than that in League One. Granted he had a spell on the sidelines but I'd hazard a guess that he won't play every game next season. The odd injury and suspension will see to that.

If he gets 20 in the Championship then that would be awesome but can't see it.

If Antonio was capable of 15 a season in the Championship then he'd have been doing it for Reading this season. Robson-Kanu scored 4, Kebe 3, Manset 3 (League goals according to ESPN) so I'd doubt Antonio is going to score 5 times the goals of Kebe next season.

20 goals between them will be a good return......

As it won't let me edit the post above...

From what I can see the highest scoring wingers / wide midfielders in the Championship last season were Chris Burke (Birmingham) and Snodgrass with 13 each. 12 players scored 15 or more and they were all strikers...

If thats the case Auntie, maybe the first one to lower his expectations should be Milan himself

he talked the talk last pre season...

but at the end we were reliant on our loan players to do the job needed...

may well be looking at more of the same (otherwise how the hell do you begin to cope with the relegated sides and the parachute monies)...

it's possible the hypes about drumming up ticket sales, when you do the math, with wages included, our expenditure may allow us to sign what we had (or the monetary equivalent) at the end of last season...

i know this isn't what a lot want to hear, but the incomings at the start of last season were slow, and late...

and that left a significant proportion of our fan base disappointed to say the least by late august, and early september...

Simon Cox is another one, i think he would benefit from the step down. Reckon he could get around 15-20 goals in our team..

Simon Cox is a good championship striker and looks like he does want to go depending on the new manager. Problem is wages, he's on about £18K-£20K a week here. It all depends on how much of a pay cut he's willing to take, as to where he's likely to end up.

Sure that a couple of strikers will right at the top of the list.

We need goals and a few more to provide the supply line.

Robert Koren would be a great shout he can both supply and score

With Madine doing his good work all over the pitch it's not always easy for him to get on the end of things as well, same with Ranger. We got away with it in Lg.1 but now I think we're crying out for someone who's quick as lightening and can finish, for older members eg Carl Shutt or David ford type strikers. You flicked one on for Shutty and he was hanging half way up the safety fence with the ball in the net before you could blink. That type would earn us some pens too.

The pitfall often with strikers seems to be, you bite the bullet and dig deep in the coffers for the man you really want and he can't score for you- going right up to Torres and Carrol. In other words no guarantees you take a gamble.

The thing is do we buy him now or in another year, got to do it sooner or later? There are only, what, three men know the budget despite all our guesses. What's to say MM hasn't said to DJ " give me a list of strikers we might get for 2/3 million?" Be nice, we''ll see.