That point could get us 2nd!

Have a word with yourself mate. We're one win from second... Blimey.

no, 3 points at home to a team battling relegation should be a minimum requirement at this stage at the season

no room for complacency, sorry just how i feel...

All those on here who were so sure we'd roll Walsall over before the kick off - they know who they are - well - now what do you think? Tell you, just put your calculators down for a minute, stop trying to predict the bloody game where the blunts are going to lose and we're going to win and chew on this one. If I wanted to give my team a gee up, I'd get together some of the comments made by the opposition's fans, specially the cocky, confident comments like that blade fan on FH the Friday before they played us, you know, we were going to get beat 4-0, THAT kind of cr@p is all a team needs to hear to spur them on. It did the trick for us, we made them look like netball players who'd come to the wrong game. Now, when WE (fans) start getting cocky and overconfident on here, I don't believe we're doing our lads any favours. Quite the opposite. I think we're HELPING our OPPONENTS, instead. Why don't we try keeping feckin QUIET about how we're going to "turn them minnows over", and see if it helps us just WIN some games when the "minnows" don't FEED off our arrogant comments? ...'If this be error, and upon me proved..'

Of course it was a game we were expected to win but its an important point for me.

Without it we would have needed two results to get above the pigs, this keeps it at just one win.

Agreed, although we simply have to win on Saturday now. We can't allow that gap to get any wider because we will run out of games.

Too true I went to Hillsborough tonight expecting three points and to leave North Stand with all my ribs in tact.

Well we got one point and after falling down North steps I got a broken rib. I would have gladly taken the broken rib for three points.

Hope you are OK Nev :wacko:

Too true I went to Hillsborough tonight expecting three points and to leave North Stand with all my ribs in tact.

Well we got one point and after falling down North steps I got a broken rib. I would have gladly taken the broken rib for three points.

were you running down the steps to celebrate the goal nev?

There's 2 ways to look at it. We could say that we should be easily beating teams like Walsall at home if we are serious about promotion and the strikers need to be pulling their finger out and stop missing chances. But on the other hand didn't Walsall beat the blunts at home, who are also going for promotion. Also both strikers scored tonight and if it wasn't for a mixture of good saves and a referee that decided the keeper was an indangered spieces that needed maximum protection, we would have scored more. We're 2 points off second and nobody can argue that it was the type of game we WOULD have lost a few months ago. We're unbeaten in 6 games and anything can happen

All those on here who were so sure we'd roll Walsall over before the kick off - they know who they are - well - now what do you think? Tell you, just put your calculators down for a minute, stop trying to predict the bloody game where the blunts are going to lose and we're going to win and chew on this one. If I wanted to give my team a gee up, I'd get together some of the comments made by the opposition's fans, specially the cocky, confident comments like that blade fan on FH the Friday before they played us, you know, we were going to get beat 4-0, THAT kind of cr@p is all a team needs to hear to spur them on. It did the trick for us, we made them look like netball players who'd come to the wrong game. Now, when WE (fans) start getting cocky and overconfident on here, I don't believe we're doing our lads any favours. Quite the opposite. I think we're HELPING our OPPONENTS, instead. Why don't we try keeping feckin QUIET about how we're going to "turn them minnows over", and see if it helps us just WIN some games when the "minnows" don't FEED off our arrogant comments? ...'If this be error, and upon me proved..'

Sorry mate but do you really believe this. I can't see any opposition managers thinking how an gonna get the lads up for a trip to high flying Sheffield Wednesday??? I know I'll in on Owlstalk and just show them some posts off there lol lol :)

I wish I could buy into your optimism

But I see it as a point that could cost us 2nd.

Yes, along with the 2 points against Huddersfield, the 3 points against Walsall, the point against Chesterfield, the 2 points against rochdale.

Too many excellent chances not put away game after game after game.