Enough is Enough

It's a trap that we all fall into though, the chairman, the manager, the players and yes, the supporters. It's one coming across all Billy big time but in reality we are not all on a level playing field. We are hugely advantaged over clubs like Stevenage in almost every way, other than expectation. That expectation is there right from the top. How would the chairman react if we were playing in front of 6,000 every week, a gate more comparable with our current status.

Totay agree with you, and as you put it its down to expectation, all the finance size etc will do you no good if you cant cope with that expectation, too much and you wont perform, look at england. I know its an extreme circumstance but with the expectation they go ibto their shell. Maybe thats what happens to our players, they and the fans see us as this massive club, what have they got to win psychologically, everyone expects us to win against teams like that if we win then "well its only stevenage", it shouldn't be like that though as it breeds a fear of failure. They are in our league for a reason...Thats not knocking our fans as they are a major plus point, I'm just trying to look at it objectively and from an unbiased opinion as possible.

And that there is part of the reason I think we're where we are. Players EXPECT to beat everyone because we're so big etc. WE'RE NOT BIG ANY MORE. The sooner we realise that and realise we need to put in the effort to win games, we won't see the benefit of the higher quality players our income and therefore wages can afford.

Yep Agreed

Guest Deleted member

One of the great things about our support is their ability to stay to the end, and take losing very well.

I went on my own last night - and walking back to the coach through all the happy Stevenage fans wasn't a pleasant experience - until a few started shaking hands and saying how brilliant they thought our supporters were.

A few picked up on our reply to their chant of "Shall we sing a song for you", when we replied very quickly "Can you score a goal for us"

Our fans (in the main) are absolutely brilliant. Especially the away following

The idea of a new topic is that it is different to the ones that are already there. You can't have missed all the other topics saying exactly what you've just said. Your oppinion isn't more important than everyone else who thinks the same way.

One of the great things about our support is their ability to stay to the end, and take losing very well. You aren't part of that, which I find sad. It was a long way to go, for an embarassing performance, so why didn't you just make the most of the bad situation and have a laugh like the majority of other Owls fans? I bet they felt better for it.

The way this is written, particularly the ending, suggests you didn't go. Therefore, the OP managed 38 painful minutes that you didn't; watched 4 goals go in that you didn't; and spent money that you didn't.

How do you feel in a position to criticise them?! Like your thread: sanctimonious BS.

For me, the worst thing is that I had built an idea in my head that under Megson we would be uninspiring but at least tough to beat. I imagined if we lost away games it would be by the odd goal. To have that illusion so spectacularly shattered, is, Erm, shattering.

I just can't see us getting promoted. Again. And that's a pretty sobering thought to wake up to.

Finally, to Gurujuan. I feel I owe you an apology mate. Like others I've been dismissive of your dire warnings over the summer, I thought you were being melodramatic and overtly pessimistic. Well you were right, and I was wrong, and unlike a lot of people on here, I can tell you don't take any comfort from it.

I really do feel like we are cursed sometimes.

Even my mates who normally take this wee wee left me alone yesterday afternoon.

I think they pity me/us

For me, the worst thing is that I had built an idea in my head that under Megson we would be uninspiring but at least tough to beat. I imagined if we lost away games it would be by the odd goal. To have that illusion so spectacularly shattered, is, Erm, shattering.

I just can't see us getting promoted. Again. And that's a pretty sobering thought to wake up to.

Finally, to Gurujuan. I feel I owe you an apology mate. Like others I've been dismissive of your dire warnings over the summer, I thought you were being melodramatic and overtly pessimistic. Well you were right, and I was wrong, and unlike a lot of people on here, I can tell you don't take any comfort from it.

I really do feel like we are cursed sometimes.

Even my mates who normally take this wee wee left me alone yesterday afternoon.

I think they pity me/us

FFS. We've won all of our home games. I for one am not happy about the away form but I for one will not acknowledge such an doom-mongering opinion until we have absolute evidence that Megson isn't up to the task (this may come but it may not either). IMO, Gurujuan and others don't like Megson full stop. Some people have been waiting for a result like this to happen and are revelling in it.

No, I don't like it when we lose; No, I don't think its all part of the managerial transition process; No, I don't want to see performances and results like that at anytime, however, I would never acknowledge that now is the time to get rid of Megson nor would I apologise for having a different opinion to any of the people calling for Megson's head now. Pull yourself together man! Show some balance.

Our away form is beyond dreadful but our home form is excellent - now is not the time to change the manager. Also, we've been down the 'manager changing' road far too often.

I'm not suggesting we should fire the manager. But I'm coming around to the idea that the squad is not as good as we thought it was.

Our away record is absolutely shocking, its a very real problem that we can't go to teams like bury, Stevenage etc and not get results.

As for all this "pull yourself together" stuff, well, I expected comments like that. It's just the way I feel today, I'm sure it will pass, but that was a tough one to take.

Left at 8:20 at 4 - 0. 150 mile round trip £23.00 admission.

Total humiliation.

Everyone who attended should be given there money back.

Absolute disgrace.

Can't defend that.

as soon as stevenage scored the 2nd goal i left the ground to catch the 8.30pm train back to donny so disgusted was i with the performance.

I'm not suggesting we should fire the manager. But I'm coming around to the idea that the squad is not as good as we thought it was.

Our away record is absolutely shocking, its a very real problem that we can't go to teams like bury, Stevenage etc and not get results.

As for all this "pull yourself together" stuff, well, I expected comments like that. It's just the way I feel today, I'm sure it will pass, but that was a tough one to take.

I am feeling p1ssed off myself and maybe the 'pull yourself together' comment was a little strong but please do not apologise to someone for challenging their opinion as it allows them to 'occupy the high-ground' and, potentially, invalidates any argument you put forward in future discussions with them.

I consider your posts as typically quite balanced and I have seen that you can be a bit of a ferocious competitor but you seem to being going all 'wet' today.

Edited by shandypants

I feel pretty wet today, and not in much of a mind to be combative with anything other than my old chap. Put into the context of the squad being reassembled, with the "Stong Characters" that we have been crying out for, I struggle to think of a more depressing result in my near 30 yrs as a Wednesday fan.

Hi ho, this thing shall pass.

FFS. We've won all of our home games. I for one am not happy about the away form but I for one will not acknowledge such an doom-mongering opinion until we have absolute evidence that Megson isn't up to the task (this may come but it may not either). IMO, Gurujuan and others don't like Megson full stop. Some people have been waiting for a result like this to happen and are revelling in it.

No, I don't like it when we lose; No, I don't think its all part of the managerial transition process; No, I don't want to see performances and results like that at anytime, however, I would never acknowledge that now is the time to get rid of Megson nor would I apologise for having a different opinion to any of the people calling for Megson's head now. Pull yourself together man! Show some balance.

Our away form is beyond dreadful but our home form is excellent - now is not the time to change the manager. Also, we've been down the 'manager changing' road far too often.

Edited by sonofbert2