Today

Guest JonTheOwl66

Guest JonTheOwl66

Just thought I'd give my overall thoughts on today.

In my opinion, MK Dons were reasonably impressive today. They played some nice stuff and created some half-decent chances for themselves. But they never looked like scoring. Excluding their (excellent) goal today, they had nothing. Rarely troubled ROD and to say they have been steamrollering teams so far this season, looked relatively quiet up front.

What is this down to? Our defence. Danny Batth was again absolutely terrific. Rob Jones was commanding and won EVERY header. Buxton was his usual self, while Bennett (in all honesty) was average. But so far, our defence is looking VERY solid. And I'm absolutely ecstatic at this. We have had trouble recently with conceding goals, especially at home. This season, so far, no problems.

Semedo is absolutely awesome. I already love the guy, and he is already a very very early contender for POTS. Chases, harasses, confident on the ball. He is the epitome of what a ball-playing defensive midfielder should be. Prutton again, was class. Marshall ran the wing reasonably well, had a few quiet periods (again) but delivered some QUALITY corners. JJ, obviously was a disappointment, but I won't go into that. However, Palmer. his best 45 so far in all honesty. The industry of the midfield improved ten fold. His cross for Madine was exceptional, and he just looks so assured for a young lad. I really like him, hes surprised me. Too early to say he'll be big, but he'll be a first-team regular in years to come.

Moving on, the front two were fantastic. Madine won everything in the air, and to me.. He looked half a yard quicker today. His work-rate, and finishes for both goals were just classy and he's quietened them doubters down. Top-scorer this year for us. Morrison, worked hard, very clever assist for Madine's 1st but just needs to start getting some service and goals.

Overall, we were very impressive. Very happy. On a little note, Potter. He's a flipping arsehole. Today showed his incessant side-ways passes. They might be alright for 'Dons', but he isn't good enough for us. Good luck to him, but he'll soon be found out.

Edited by JonTheOwl66

Julian Bennett was fantastic defensively. He put one crunching tackle in that won the ball and left the MK Dons player hurt. Rare to see us having strong players in the tackle, Semedo is the other who wins so many 50/50's

It is a big difference in comparison to Spurr. Wingers might get the better of him once and their confidence grew.

Bennett sends them flying once with a hard tackle and I think it puts them off their game abit lol

Edited by enigmamedusa

Guest Triplej2

Julian Bennett was fantastic defensively. He put one crunching tackle in that won the ball and left the MK Dons player hurt. Rare to see us having strong players in the tackle, Semedo is the other who wins so many 50/50's

Semedo is so good in the 50/50's it's actually a bit of a shock when he doesn't come out with the ball. He's flipping epic!

Guest JonTheOwl66

Hmm.. Personally. I wouldn't say fantastic. But he was solid definitely. And yes, that tackle was superb.

Bennett is quality no nonsense defender player very well today,I thought prutton was poor today,semedo is quality honestly I've waited all day to say this but I have a different reason for callin him bull dozer,because on 72nd min he cleared his nose while play had stopped an It looked jus like a bull the stuff comin out his nose was unreal lol.madine an Morrison both quality madine edges quality Morrison looked to work abit harder for me.buxton looked abit quiet today not as solid as usual and I thought he should have shown player down line instead of letting him come inside.the only reason mk looked good is because we let them.

Just thought I'd give my overall thoughts on today.

In my opinion, MK Dons were reasonably impressive today. They played some nice stuff and created some half-decent chances for themselves. But they never looked like scoring. Excluding their (excellent) goal today, they had nothing. Rarely troubled ROD and to say they have been steamrollering teams so far this season, looked relatively quiet up front.

What is this down to? Our defence. Danny Batth was again absolutely terrific. Rob Jones was commanding and won EVERY header. Buxton was his usual self, while Bennett (in all honesty) was average. But so far, our defence is looking VERY solid. And I'm absolutely ecstatic at this. We have had trouble recently with conceding goals, especially at home. This season, so far, no problems.

Semedo is absolutely awesome. I already love the guy, and he is already a very very early contender for POTS. Chases, harasses, confident on the ball. He is the epitome of what a ball-playing defensive midfielder should be. Prutton again, was class. Marshall ran the wing reasonably well, had a few quiet periods (again) but delivered some QUALITY corners. JJ, obviously was a disappointment, but I won't go into that. However, Palmer. his best 45 so far in all honesty. The industry of the midfield improved ten fold. His cross for Madine was exceptional, and he just looks so assured for a young lad. I really like him, hes surprised me. Too early to say he'll be big, but he'll be a first-team regular in years to come.

Moving on, the front two were fantastic. Madine won everything in the air, and to me.. He looked half a yard quicker today. His work-rate, and finishes for both goals were just classy and he's quietened them doubters down. Top-scorer this year for us. Morrison, worked hard, very clever assist for Madine's 1st but just needs to start getting some service and goals.

Overall, we were very impressive. Very happy. On a little note, Potter. He's a flipping arsehole. Today showed his incessant side-ways passes. They might be alright for 'Dons', but he isn't good enough for us. Good luck to him, but he'll soon be found out.

i agree with every word of that.

well said that man.

Guest Triplej2

thought semedo had one of his quiter games tday/

It wasn't his best game, let's be honest, we never really had full control of midfield all day, they had the knack of playing right through us. What Semedo did he did very well though.

Agree with everything except for Batth and Bennett. Batth was booked needlessly and it looked like he backed off for their goal after Buxton was beaten. He looked shaky and not as composed as his usual self. I thought Bennett played well and his throws are incredible.

Overall a very good team performance. Jones, Semedo, Palmer, but particularly Morrison and Madine were terrific.

Edited by edinburghowl

Don't get me wrong Palmer was a game changer for us, but who's to say he'd have played as well if he had started the game??

Semedo was my MOM, he was outstanding!

To be fair, given the problems we've had over the past few years, this was a very good team performance - the only weak link was JJ - but that was to be expected given Megson's overeagerness to play him!

Baath has looked shakey for the last three games now IMO.

baath has an element missing from his game, and it appears to be closing down a situation quickly enough...

i've seen it, you've seen it, and undoubtedly others will have too...

but being one of the first to mention it on here will get you no thanx, until it's universally recognised...

baath has an element missing from his game, and it appears to be closing down a situation quickly enough...

i've seen it, you've seen it, and undoubtedly others will have too...

but being one of the first to mention it on here will get you no thanx, until it's universally recognised...

hes poo on the ball.

for me, 1st half we let them play and were chasing shadows and i thought "this is going to be a long afternoon"

2nd half we didn't let them play and got in to them

best players for were Semedo, Palmer, Morrison & Madine

poor games for me

JJ - wanted to win the game all on his own

Prutton - did ok but below the standard we are used to

everyone else especially the back for did what they needed to