My quest - Phil King

I was in Swindon and decided to pop into the Dolphin which is a pub run by Phil King.

I searched on my phone and downloaded a map. Good start.

I walked a mile on the right road but wrong direction. Got back on track and walked about 3 miles to arrive at Dolphin Cottage. Wrong place.

Called a taxi and they took me there. £9.60

Walked in pub. Bit of a dump. Picture of Hillsborough on the wall.

Bought a pint off an old bird. She did not have many teeth.

Drank my pint.

Phil King was not there.

Got a taxi back to the hotel. Can't remember how much it cost.

I was in Swindon and decided to pop into the Dolphin which is a pub run by Phil King.

I searched on my phone and downloaded a map. Good start.

I walked a mile on the right road but wrong direction. Got back on track and walked about 3 miles to arrive at Dolphin Cottage. Wrong place.

Called a taxi and they took me there. £9.60

Walked in pub. Bit of a dump. Picture of Hillsborough on the wall.

Bought a pint off an old bird. She did not have many teeth.

Drank my pint.

Phil King was not there.

Got a taxi back to the hotel. Can't remember how much it cost.

Did you have a rustlers burger then go on Camfrog?

Guest intercity0wl

We called in and met Phil during last season's game at Swindon. Unsurprisingly the place was full of Wednesdayites, managed a few minutes chatting to him, he's a top bloke.

Still looked proud as punch with his Wembley winners Medal that day as he chatted to Owls fans, as you say top bloke.

post-12412-0-44038700-1314859230_thumb.j

Edited by intercity0wl

What was the tuna and onion roll like?

It was nice. But somewhat tainted both by my disappointment and by the lady with no teeth who served me.

There was a nagging concern that she had made it.

Anyway, i thought "only a quid, fill yer boots"

I have it on the highest authority that the lady in the Dolphin mkaes the tuna and onion rolls by mashing up the tuna and onion in her almost toothless maw, before depositing it into said rolls like a mummy bird to a baby bird.

Scrumptious.

"only a quid, fill yer boots"

Kingy was compere at an evening with him, Waddle and Hirsty at The Blue Ball a few years ago. Great value. Had us all singing Atkinsons Barmy Army. Then at the end of the night, when we'd all had a few, we sang it again. This time though I had Kingy and Hirsty either side of me, our arms round each others shoulders, jumping about. Never thought I'd ever do owt like that.

Kingy was compere at an evening with him, Waddle and Hirsty at The Blue Ball a few years ago. Great value. Had us all singing Atkinsons Barmy Army. Then at the end of the night, when we'd all had a few, we sang it again. This time though I had Kingy and Hirsty either side of me, our arms round each others shoulders, jumping about. Never thought I'd ever do owt like that.

Did they spit-roast you after? I'd have wanted spit-roasting to finish off the night, perfect.