I'll tell you what 'I am beginning to feel excited'.

I think we Wednesday are on the right track. Thought we closed the last 5 minutes out very well. I thought the midfield looked stronger than for years. I think our defence is generally solid - but has strength in depth to switch and change when performances are not up to scratch. The two lads upfront were very much improved despite, being two men down. Madine worked very hard and Morrison put a shift in. We will improve and strengthen the future is bright it is indeed blue and white.

The fact that we let Scunny back into the game is hardly cause for celebration. We conceeded two goals at home which is hardly the sign of a team which is defending well. I agree we played well for most of the match, but in reality we need to kill off teams by holding onto the ball better. We would have been punished by better teams for the sloppy passages of play yesterday.

In all fairness, Scunny aren't as bad as what some people think. They have still got most of the squad from last year, they've loaned the number 14 from Man U, and he controlled the second half. And lets not forget, they came back from 2-0 down to gain a point at Charlton last week, so they're no mugs.

It's early days, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I also think we may surprise a few people with our transfer dealings this week.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

In all fairness, Scunny aren't as bad as what some people think. They have still got most of the squad from last year, they've loaned the number 14 from Man U, and he controlled the second half. And lets not forget, they came back from 2-0 down to gain a point at Charlton last week, so they're no mugs.

It's early days, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I also think we may surprise a few people with our transfer dealings this week.

Plus the same team played 120 minutes less than 48 hours before against a prem club.

Scunny will be up there as the season goes on.

Your having a laugh, he's gifting a goal a game at the moment.

Ah Mr Beevers dad!! Do you actually go to the games?? Look at the -1's your getting. Your on your own with these thoughts mate. Rob Jones has been the best central defender we've had for a while now.

Rob Jones has been the defender we all hoped Darren Purse was going to be. A no-nonsense win the headers and boot it away ASAP sort of player.

He actually does the defending side of his game really well the majority of the time (handy for a defender, that), which is why he gets cut more slack for being just as useless as Purse was with his long balls up-field :biggrin:

Guest D.J.Nick1212

We are no where near a top 3 team at the moment. 2 strikers, 1 winger to cover for JJ who will ony manage 15-20 games and if Megson is not going to play beavers a new centre back to replace Rob Jones who has been gifting a goal per game.

You are aware that the bloke is playing with a Broken nose?

him and Baath wont be perfect every minute of every game but they have made us in to a much more solid team at the back!

They were a massive part to us still being in this league and not in the 2nd!

cant agree more, kudos. BUT.... i cant wait to putt JJ and COG into the team in exchange for Palmer and Morrison. (nothing against Palmer, top player but JJ is the man) :)

Palmer still has a place in the team for me.

JJ might drive the game forward with his running, but Palmer will retain the ball more then JJ. One on the bench replacing the other if it's not working maybe?

Palmer still has a place in the team for me.

JJ might drive the game forward with his running, but Palmer will retain the ball more then JJ. One on the bench replacing the other if it's not working maybe?

Not a bad player at all Palmer, good footballer, maybe needs to get a little stronger but certainly deserves to be part of the plans this year.

I think we would be daft to start him ahead of a fully fit JJ though, especially in home games, maybe in a tighter away game when JJ is less likely to be effective.

We do miss JJ as he would have been the man for the closing stages against Scunny, instead of sitting back and inviting pressure, could have given him the ball and got it down the other end, may have ended up getting a 4th.

Guest arceye

been only to the last couple of games notts co and scunny and must admit that i thought we looked a lot stronger at the back with rob jones there, looks commanding and i was qite impressed by him, also megson looks to have done some good buisness unearhing a gem in semedo, who breaks play up well and distributes well,aproper little workhorse