Ben Marshall

If MM is serious bout takin this club forward, he should try n buy him now before they get wind he's good... lol

Seeing as they own him, so evidently brought him to their club in the first place, you'd think they already have a decent idea of how good he is :smile:

Guest 03 owl

is he rated by pulis? i'm in the thinking if we get to keep him after January, he will be here when his contract runs out next summer as well.

He looks really well i did not see him yesterday but listened on WP, think it sounded like he played similar to Notts County game in which i saw him play some good runs, crosses, well and his goal yesterday :smile: , prob as other peeps are pointing out just the fitness aspect to him fading a little towards the end of games but hey all in all very impressed with the Wing Marshall.

Marshall oozes quality!

But I'm afraid there's no way on earth he'll be signing for us permanently lads, he's waaaay above league 1 standard. So let's enjoy watching him while we can, and thank god Megson and Pulis are BFFs lol

Totally agree with this ! It's gonna be hard to let go

Marshall oozes quality!

But I'm afraid there's no way on earth he'll be signing for us permanently lads, he's waaaay above league 1 standard. So let's enjoy watching him while we can, and thank god Megson and Pulis are BFFs lol

Totally agree with this! It's gonna be hard to let go of him in January let alOne replace him !

Totally agree with this ! It's gonna be hard to let go

Technically the best player we've had at Wednesday for years.

And I'm not saying that lightly...he really is a genuinely talented lad.

He'll be playing in the Premiership in a couple of years time...he's a far better player for his age than Chris Brunt was, and look at what Brunt's gone on to achieve.

Stoke fans want him in the team now, they were gutted when he was loaned out. That is how highly rated he is. If a Championship club comes in for him in January, he will spend the rest of the season there!

Stoke fans want him in the team now, they were gutted when he was loaned out. That is how highly rated he is. If a Championship club comes in for him in January, he will spend the rest of the season there!

We beat other Championship clubs to his loan signing this summer already. Perhaps if we're challenging at the top and he's enjoying himself come January he'll decide to stay even with better quality Championship sides potentially showing an interest.

We beat other Championship clubs to his loan signing this summer already. Perhaps if we're challenging at the top and he's enjoying himself come January he'll decide to stay even with better quality Championship sides potentially showing an interest.

That's what I was thinking.

And maybe if we go up and he feels loved here and is getting first team football maybe he'll want to stay because his contract is up at the end of the season. Okay... might be dreaming a bit there lol

Guest 03 owl

I foresee this happening, as we will be doing well and he might not leave :).

For stoke though it is about his development and getting him the experience that a Footballer needs i.e First team Football/at a well respected Club also with crowd numbers and an acceptance of a performance which is demanded at our club under the management we have.

He only is contracted to them till the summer so obviously January will be the month for the lad to be making plans, on what we have seen hopefully it's with us.

Marshall adds something weve missed since JPM in that he works hard, can beat a man from a standing start, is both footed and can get a peach of a delivery in. Except he obviously has more potential and is a lot quicker.

Chris Lines reminds me of Brunt a little bit, in that he can put a beaut of a ball in,

Guest D.J.Nick1212

reminds me of JJ but with a final ball!

could it be that he enjoys playing with Madine?

I think Madine has played much much better in the last two games since Marshall has been here!

Wasn't he a large part of Madine's goals for Carlisle last season?

Guest Oadby Owl

Quality player who just like JJ scares the poo poo out of defenders - what we need is one of those two playing up top alongside Madine. Madine wins countless headers/flick ons but no one is getting on the end of them, one of these two would!!

reminds me of JJ but with a final ball!

I think Madine has played much much better in the last two games since Marshall has been here!

The three assists for Madines goals = Buxton 2, Semedo

Likely was im sure, you could see the understanding between them throughout the game, both on the same wavelength.

Seems like we still have more pulling power than we thought...good on the lad though, know he said our big(ish) crowds were a big factor in him coming here. Good to see some players still rather go to the place with the better atmosphere, than a higher division.

Sounds like Pulis must rate him though so I'd be suprised if we could do anything with him beyond this season. Think he'll sign a new deal there tbh and be in their team next season, am hoping we can have him for this season at least though.