Blackburn Rovers 3 : 1 Sheffield Wednesday - Wednesday 24th August

No I really don't think we have Bluesteel - and to me defending happens all over the pitch - closing and chasing down lost causes is a part of it and hunting in packs is another. It makes it so much harder for the other team to settle and pass it around - they're much more likely to panic - particularly in League 1.

We need to do this week in week out and the fans will also respond if we show that level of energy and commitment.

And if we're so fit, it should be easy to achieve.

TBF Daz we've been doing that at home with Prutton and Semedo...we're getting there

Guest clumber58

tell that to the 2/3,000 wednesday fans who will feel they have wasted their money going tonight. i understand what you are saying kivo but this early in the season we should be playing our strongest team, teams like mk dons did asd see what happened.

as for the league cup doesn't matter, sorry but to me it does, its still the only trophy i have seen wednesday lift in 40 years of watching them.

Spot on.

It does definately seem that way. I can't understand why have we got rid of our reserve team though, that's what its for?

If the likes of Coke, Palmer, Semi don't play in the cup, then they don't play any matches! Then when we need them they'll be way off the pace.

Not entering a team in the actual reserve league isn't the same as scrapping the reserve team- Megson stated that we would be playing behind closed doors friendlies when needed as the advantage is we play when we want to and need to, not when the reserve league says we should.

TBF Daz we've been doing that at home with Prutton and Semedo...we're getting there

That's good to hear Davey - I think that we will really push on when we get that right - appreciate the perspective as all I can go on out here is the radio commentary and seeing some of the goals we concede on wednesdayworld. Genuinely hope this is the season and we can push on after a pretty average start - but nothing is decided after just a few games.

Listen wee pipe,

Have a bit of respect for a fellow fan and stop the stream of absolute poo . You seem to have a massive problem with me. To be honest a few people do on here, I don't mind as long as what i'm saying isn't disregarded because it comes from me.

The difference between you and the people who give you grief is that the majority of us actually go to matches...as for having amassive problem with you..leave it out..you're not that important lol

That's good to hear Davey - I think that we will really push on when we get that right - appreciate the perspective as all I can go on out here is the radio commentary and seeing some of the goals we concede on wednesdayworld. Genuinely hope this is the season and we can push on after a pretty average start - but nothing is decided after just a few games.

You're right mate...Megson seems to have a plan..defence and midfield is far more solid and committed..just the attacking areas to sort out but we did more on saturday than all season..we won't do it over the first month but we'll get there

The difference between you and the people who give you grief is that the majority of us actually go to matches...as for having amassive problem with you..leave it out..you're not that important lol

If i'm not that important please block me or just ignore me, instead of making snidey remarks.

And for the going to matches thing, yeah - old.

tell that to the 2/3,000 wednesday fans who will feel they have wasted their money going tonight. i understand what you are saying kivo but this early in the season we should be playing our strongest team, teams like mk dons did asd see what happened.

as for the league cup doesn't matter, sorry but to me it does, its still the only trophy i have seen wednesday lift in 40 years of watching them.

Well I was one of those fans who went yet I didn't see it as a waste of money. I love going to see Wednesday play regardless if it's a win loss or a draw. We always was going to be playing a weakened side and that is what I imagine alot of our fans knew was going to happen.

Yes the first 7 minutes were awful with sloppy stuff, which didn't improve that much until half time, but what do you expect from a premier league team playing us. Second half we actually did play some good stuff. Yes Blackburn might have stepped off a bit,but our players still have to make the passes and moves, which they did so, and started looking a lot more comfortable in possession instead of just hoofing it long.

I want us to win every competition we enter as I have never seen us win a trophy (apart from play-off final), however, that is not going to happen in the short term, and personally, I'd much rather be back in the premiership seeing players such as Suarez,Dzeko,Aguero, Van Persie etc etc strut their stuff on the Hillsborough pitch (and failing :wink: ) and visiting their grounds, and more importantly seeing us compete with the top teams again, rather than playing in the cup which we have no chance of winning atm. Obviously the only way we can do that is by getting out of this league and the Championship.

If we had got through with our weakened team then that would have been a bonus . Instead we've managed to rest key players for a long gruelling season, and prevented any injuries to them, whilst giving more fringe players a chance to prove their worth.