Is Rotherham Chairman being unprofessional ?

Guest intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

Cannot find a link as of yet, but in this mornings Edition of the Star Rotherham VChairman Tony Stewart seems to be giving detais of what and how we wanted to do the Deal for Alf, apparently a down payment of 100k was offered to them.

Stewart says something along the lines of he is a Business Man who wont be taken to the cleaners, by a derisory bid which he just laughed at, according to the Star (and i know thats not reliable) the deal was worth a total of 400k in total.

Seems a bit unusual in this day and age of deals being usully done for undisclosed fees that Lighting company owner, sorry Buisness man Stewart should be giving out details of a deal that maybe Wednesday and chairman MM ( quite a succesfu business man himself) would have prefered to keep private and out of the eyes of clubs and agents of other targets they may have, like i said its just my opinion thats its a tad unprofessional, probably others see it differently ?

Guest Big Guns

If alf doesn't come to us I hope he leaves for nowt in Jan ,yes he's been unprofessional and wants to stick to changing light bulbs in toy town

Sounds to me like a usual football transfer arrangement.

People, and in particular Rotherham fans need to realise that when a player us transferred for say £1m the selling club won't get that amount.

Any standard player contract will include incentives for the player if sold without asking for a transfer. Then there is the agent etc so before you know it the amount the selling club gets is dramatically reduced.

I say leave Alt til January, they will practically give him away then

Guest bigblue

This whole ALF thing is boring. He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

I honestly don't think he'd pull up as many trees as some on here seem to think if he made the step up. Even if he did well in L1, he'd have far fewer opportunities and much less time in the box at Champ level. So he's strike rate would dissolve. He offers nothing more to the team either, so he'd end up like another Jeffers.

I hope Milan has told this Stewart fella to do one. We'll have him for next to nowt in Jan or feck all next season, if at all - whatever. I really am past caring.

I'd rather have Mellor back or CMD - any day!

Guest TonyOwl88

Mr. Stewart is entitled to value his players as he wishes... and if ALF is happy to see out the rest of his contract there (no transfer request), there is really no pressure on him to change his stance.

The high valuations are frustrating but they aren't unprofessional. They don't want to sell him, and probably won't for the prices they're wanting.

Personally I think alf may be the difference to us going up and not, we have a very good team but need a big scorer and alf is that! I hope all of you who are saying tell Rotherham to do one just because they are trying to get every last pound out of us, dont regret it if he goes elsewhere and continues banging in the goals possibly at our expense.

And incidentally what part of Tony stewart owning a lighting company makes him not a business man?

Alf has a confident swagger that not many strikers have, I know there is no way to prove this but I believe alf would score more than mellor for us, let's not be childish about Rotherham playing hard ball and look at the bigger picture - we want a striker to fire us into the championship before the blunts get there and alf is the man!

Edited by Spookone

Guest totemowl

Strikes me he's keen to get a deal done. The only reason to put the figures out there is in the hope he can get someone to make a better bid.

Although I suspect those figures might be inflated.

Guest intercity0wl

Mr. Stewart is entitled to value his players as he wishes... and if ALF is happy to see out the rest of his contract there (no transfer request), there is really no pressure on him to change his stance.

The high valuations are frustrating but they aren't unprofessional. They don't want to sell him, and probably won't for the prices they're wanting.

Dont think anybody would say that them asking for a certaib amount for their player is unprofessional, the leaking to the press maybe is though, as surely a business man as Stewart descibes himself, would know that confidentiality is something others in business would not only expect, but is the norm, at least as far as trust is concerned.

Ps we are also quickly running out of options and those of you who are suggesting we forget the Rotherham bid, may well be slating MM for not bringing in a good striker before the end of the window, you can't have it both ways...

I think Stewart is getting desperate. I don't believe half of the cr@p coming out of Toytown at the moment such as other supposed interest in ALF.

They are entitled to try and get as much as they can but I'd be surprised if anyone put a bid together that totalled more than £350K.

In a weeks time he will be worth a fraction of that.

I always thought he was a massive Wednesdayite.

Just read that in another thread, didn't realise.

It suprises me though, the way he's carrying on. There's no way he needs to expose details of the deal in the press, just say it didn't meet his valuation and leave it at that. If the fans want to know, tell them when its reached a final conclusion one way or another. Even a peeved Rochdale chairman knew it was best to do that.

Sounds like he is playing up to his fans who dislike Wednesday at the very least.

Guest intercity0wl

I always thought he was a massive Wednesdayite.

Sponsored the kop didn't he, (ADS Lighting), and attended the games as a fan if i remember right.

Just read that in another thread, didn't realise.

It suprises me though, the way he's carrying on. There's no way he needs to expose details of the deal in the press, just say it didn't meet his valuation and leave it at that. If the fans want to know, tell them when its reached a final conclusion one way or another. Even a peeved Rochdale chairman knew it was best to do that.

Sounds like he is playing up to his fans who dislike Wednesday at the very least.

It seems he's getting pi$$ed off now, he wants a deal, Wednesday wants a deal and probabley ALF wants a deal. Milan is playing hard ball and Tony dosnt like it. Someone has to give in and accept that our bid won't be accepted or Tony has to accept he won't get what he wants.