Is Rotherham Chairman being unprofessional ?

Guest intercity0wl

but why do they need to accept a lower value than they want? IF they dont mind losing him for free, that is their choice. it is not ours. they are the ones who hold the player, so they have the power. it might be a lot of money for them, but it is up to them whether it is the right amount of money or not. Again, not our decision.

They know where they are, and what ALF is worth to them. That will be more than his market value, and if they are not in a financial position where they need to sell, then they can hold out for him.

If someone came in for one of our players that we didnt want to sell as he featured in our plans, what sort of price would we put on his head, and would we sell below that?

Absolutely there choice whether or not they sell him. I can't have a go at that. Just commenting that it's rather foolish of him to be gambling on promotion, when the last two season it hasn't happened with ALF and also when ALF is in the final year of his contract and will in every likelyhood move on for free next summer (regardless of whether they go up or not).

Another thing too, is Tony Stewart can value ALF at whatever he wants. That's not really his true value. His value is whatever someone wants to pay for him at the end of the day, and so far no one in the football league is wanting to pay Rotherham what they want for him.

Edited by BRADDAZ

Guest highamowl

In the past yes, but that was because of our financial position and lack of ambition. What about at the moment now we are financially secure? What would happen? Im not saying toy town have out money, but if their budgets add up, why do they have to sell him below what they see him as being worth to them?

That's the nub of it highamowl. It is the prerogative of RUFC to decline offers and concentrate on their hoped for promotion push. What business is it of our whether or not this is the right thing for Rotherham? As if we care about that. If we want their player we have to pay the price they will settle for. We haven't done that so far. We either have to pay up, play a waiting game or move on. Whinging about TS because he won't play the game that we want him to play is laughably naive.

As others have said, move on sign up mystery target 2 and if we still want ALF, this can be done by pre contract in Jan where Rotherham get nothing.

No it can't, pre-contracts in January can only be made if he's signing for a club in a different country.

Although Rotherham may qualify as that...

In the past yes, but that was because of our financial position and lack of ambition. What about at the moment now we are financially secure? What would happen? Im not saying toy town have out money, but if their budgets add up, why do they have to sell him below what they see him as being worth to them?

As I keep saying. They don't need to sell him, but it would not make good business sense and be rather foolish if they decide to not sell for what we or any other club are offering abd he walks for free.

As for our new financial position, that should not and will not play any part in our negotiating as proved by Milans stance on what clubs and players are asking for. We will not be held to ransom because we're not skint anymore. We'll pay what we're happy with to pay or we'll move on. That's regardless of what ever valuations other clubs put on their players.

Edited by BRADDAZ

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy. if at all - whatever. I really am past caring.

For a person who is past caring you sure wrote a heap load of donkey dung. Also if you are hinting at a gay relationship you might have had with him please spare us the details when he signs.

i reckon we would struggle to agree terms with le fondre,i think he wants to leave 4 nothin so he can trouser a nice big fat signin on fee

Our team cries out for a natural goal scorer and you try to cook up this daft notion? Naa sure its hardly to progress up through the football league, to develop his career, and to play to a far bigger crowd week in week out. This is a poor efforf from you of all people. Feel free to log another handle to put me down if you like though!

Cannot find a link as of yet, but in this mornings Edition of the Star Rotherham VChairman Tony Stewart seems to be giving detais of what and how we wanted to do the Deal for Alf, apparently a down payment of 100k was offered to them. Stewart says something along the lines of he is a Business Man who wont be taken to the cleaners, by a derisory bid which he just laughed at, according to the Star (and i know thats not reliable) the deal was worth a total of 400k in total. Seems a bit unusual in this day and age of deals being usully done for undisclosed fees that Lighting company owner, sorry Buisness man Stewart should be giving out details of a deal that maybe Wednesday and chairman MM ( quite a succesfu business man himself) would have prefered to keep private and out of the eyes of clubs and agents of other targets they may have, like i said its just my opinion thats its a tad unprofessional, probably others see it differently ?

A lot of people missing the point..I would say yes.

As soon as the toytowners received any offer it gets leaked..Before an answer is given to the clubs .And whether or not they want to sell him it seems before any reply is given to the club offering it is been discussed on twitter etc.

Some would say this is the club been open with its supporters but its not..Its been leaked to the press/people on the the internet, not officially by the club first it appears.

I would say that is unprofessional.Just glad that sort of thing does not happen at this club tbh.

But then again the toytowners do not have a good record of been professionally run in the past.

Really don't see why people ae worried about the signing off ALF TO BE HONEST WE HAVE'NT SIGNED A STRIKER WHO HAD APROLIFIC SEASON THE YEAR BEFOE SINCE sTEVE MACLEAN AND HE DID'NT DO TOO BAD can't remember if Macca scored his goals in league two for scunny but I think it was if nenory serves me right they won promotion that year.

It's easy to give carefully chosen examples to suit one extreme or the other. For your Steve MacLean I'll raise you Lee Peacock and Lloyd Owusu.

I think this sky article is probably more accurate and mor realistic as to wot they want. I think if we'd made the silly offer that TS has said then we'd be in the bottom bit with Coventry and their joke offer.

Skysports.com understands that Rotherham United have set the asking price for top marksman Adam Le Fondre at £350,000 with £50,000 additionally needed in add-ons.

With only a year left on his current deal, and chairman Tony Stewart announcing that his thoughts on Le Fondre's market value change every day, the club have made clear they need a sufficient instalment of any offer up front and need enough time left in the window to bring in a replacement for their prolific centre forward.

Le Fondre's outstanding form has alerted the attention of a number of Championship and League One sides including Leicester City, Coventry City and Sheffield Wednesday.

And Rotherham confirmed on Tuesday evening that a fresh offer from the Owls, reported to be worth £300,000, was turned down.

Rotherham's chief operating officer Paul Douglas said in the Yorkshire Post: "We have had a bid (from Wednesday) and we have rejected that bid for not meeting our valuation."

Millers chairman Tony Stewart wants Le Fondre to stay to help the club win promotion and has described a recent offer from Coventry as a 'joke'.

Stewart said: "Coventry came in with a joke bid a fortnight or so ago but I am sure they weren't serious.

"I got the impression it was more a case of them wanting to show their supporters that they were trying to do something.

"Our view is that if Alf stays, we have a good chance of winning promotion. So we want him to stay."

Guest highamowl

he is only being unreasonable in leaking details if there is an agreement between the two clubs that it is to be kept private. If this is the case, then im sure we will be reporting them soon and he will be penalised for his actions.

If not, he is doing nothing wrong other than being agressive to ensure they get the best deal for their player.

he is only being unreasonable in leaking details if there is an agreement between the two clubs that it is to be kept private. If this is the case, then im sure we will be reporting them soon and he will be penalised for his actions.

If not, he is doing nothing wrong other than being agressive to ensure they get the best deal for their player.

He may not be breaking any rules.But not just the Owls but every other club that has made an offer get their reply of an offer through other channels with the quotes like the offer was laughable it was not serious they just did it to make their fans look like they are doing something etc etc.

How will that fare for the clubs that made that offer? They have no official reply but their supporters and staff are having to read it before any response saying something like.

"Thanks for the offer but it does not reach our requirements" or anything other than it been leaked all over the place.

It just seems unprofessional..But this is a unusual situation for the small club and they do not know how to conduct themselves professionally in these circumstances it seems.

5 minutes of fame for the chairman then follows....It will not do them any favours in future deals/offers from clubs i would have thought.