Is Rotherham Chairman being unprofessional ?

Guest intercity0wl

If we have offered £100k plus £300k worth of add ons then I'm not surprised Stewart is miffed......we've been 'doing this deal' for flipping weeks/months and that's the best we can come up with?......no doubt he wants to sell and going to the press increases his chances of other clubs getting involved or we meet the evaluation.

He'll need to replace ALF and strengthen his squad, he's not going to get much for £100k is he?..........if I was him I'd tell us to do one and gamble on ALF scoring the goals to get them promoted, which would be worth infinitly more than £100k......even £400k.

Personally I'd prefer Cody McDonald anyway, but you must be blind if you can't see Stewarts point.

He's operating the sale of Le Fondre like he knows best... as a simple commodity.

At first I thought he had a strategy,... but then he started bluffing too much and sending out transparent signals.

In turn we've picked up on it, hence the minimal increase in bids. Didn't help when his Chief exec came out and said we've not had much interest tbh. lol

They want as much upfront so they can buy an immediate replacement before the window, they will want this sorting before deadline day so they can do their own recruitment.

If the article is correct on SSN then we have done a decent job in getting the original asking price down £200k.

Call his bluff and bang a bid in now, he's leaked the lower asking price to SKY in the hope of stirring up further interest and to get this bottomed out ASAP.

If we have offered £100k plus £300k worth of add ons then I'm not surprised Stewart is miffed......we've been 'doing this deal' for flipping weeks/months and that's the best we can come up with?......no doubt he wants to sell and going to the press increases his chances of other clubs getting involved or we meet the evaluation.

He'll need to replace ALF and strengthen his squad, he's not going to get much for £100k is he?..........if I was him I'd tell us to do one and gamble on ALF scoring the goals to get them promoted, which would be worth infinitly more than £100k......even £400k.

Personally I'd prefer Cody McDonald anyway, but you must be blind if you can't see Stewarts point.

Not a chance in hell will Rotherham spend more than £100k replacing ALF.

Guest sotonowl

If alf doesn't come to us I hope he leaves for nowt in Jan ,yes he's been unprofessional and wants to stick to changing light bulbs in toy town

think you'll find their still on gas lamps

He's operating the sale of Le Fondre like he knows best... as a simple commodity.

At first I thought he had a strategy,... but then he started bluffing too much and sending out transparent signals.

In turn we've picked up on it, hence the minimal increase in bids. Didn't help when his Chief exec came out and said we've not had much interest tbh. lol

They want as much upfront so they can buy an immediate replacement before the window, they will want this sorting before deadline day so they can do their own recruitment.

If the article is correct on SSN then we have done a decent job in getting the original asking price down £200k.

Call his bluff and bang a bid in now, he's leaked the lower asking price to SKY in the hope of stirring up further interest and to get this bottomed out ASAP.

I agree.

If they don't accept then it's Sooty's eyebrows time.

Ps we are also quickly running out of options and those of you who are suggesting we forget the Rotherham bid, may well be slating MM for not bringing in a good striker before the end of the window, you can't have it both ways...

As close to attempted extortion as you can get.

footballers care about money fullstop. Your gettin flippingboring now with this multiple log in nonsence your runnin with so do us a favour stop talkin utter gonads and go and get some new school stuff,ynure back a week on monday

Nice you have so little so say you trott out the back to school classic, and judging by your last sentence you could do with going back yourself. You being a realist though im sure you are already fully aware. ''footballers care about money'' cheers for the shock revelation. Just about everyone on earth cares about money, Maybe save your breath until you deduce something beyond the obvious.

Edited by Pulixifer

ALF is the only saleable asset they have, if they want to replace him AND strengthen their squad they'll have to pay more than £100k in wages alone.

Agreed, I was talking about fees (though they'd have ALF's wage off the bill, which will cover his replacement with ease I'm sure).

I think Rotherham would take the cash, bring in someone on loan from a higher league or pick up someone for £50k or less who they think can do a job, and then put the rest to financing the stadium.

Rotherham, whilst better financially than in previous years, still can't afford to lose a £350/400k asset for free to risk promotion or be able to spend £100k plus on one player.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you