Kop fans ripped off with beer prices, what are the prices on north

Guest intercity0wl

having been in the south stand pre-season and enjoyed a full pint for my money i find that i'm paying exactly the same price on the kop for less beer. 500ml against 568 ml ( pint ) and i'm having to stand outside to drink it. is this the same on the north

Its a rip off on every side of the ground this season im afraid, although judging by the noticeable lack of people queuing to buy half time refreshments on the North on Saturday i guess many are no longer willing to be blatantly ripped off, though anybody paying £2.20 for a sausage roll deserves to be ripped imo.

!£2.20 for a Sausage Roll !!.. Get 4 for £2.00 at Morrisons (nice ones too).. Same with the pies..

Although we are tight yorkshire folk.. I'm sure that we would pay for the stuff if it was priced up ok..

£1.25 - £1.50 for a Sausage Roll - £2.00 for a pie.. £1.50 for Chips / £2.00 for a chip butty.. £3.00 for a beer.. £1.25 for a Bottle of fizz

Coffe / Tea - £1.00 , £0.75 for a choccy bar / Big bag of crisps..

Advertise deals..

Kids would have around £2.00 on average to spend and to get a bottle of pop and a bag of crisp/choccy bar for £2.00..

Pie and a Pint for a fiver

Tea & Sausage Roll - £2.50

Not rocket science really is it.. just make it attractive and affordable (and nice)

We are all feeling the pinch right now, maybe a few years ago it would not have been a huge problem, we all then had more disposable income so it was just part of our match-day experience. I too have noticed the queues are shorter than they were last year but if you put up prices at this time it is a smack in the face for fans and I for one will not be enjoying my pre-match pork sandwich any more 20% increase on the price is not on.

Lets be honest the coffee is awful as well. It tastes of dishwater.

To be fair though, if the club are receiving loads from the external company in exchange for them running the catering operations, then its not the club that suffers its the external company.

So if people are fedup with the prices, don't buy anything as your not harming the 'club' so to speak, as SWFC don't run the catering operations now.

Lets be honest the coffee is awful as well. It tastes of dishwater.

To be fair though, if the club are receiving loads from the external company in exchange for them running the catering operations, then its not the club that suffers its the external company.

So if people are fedup with the prices, don't buy anything as your not harming the 'club' so to speak, as SWFC don't run the catering operations now.

Yeah but its all about perception... Food in the ground = SWFC

The food at stadiums and arenas all around the country is the same - way over-priced sh*te food. Simple answer - don't buy it. Have a bite to eat and a beer away from the stadium. Then sooner or later, the companies doing the food might learn a lesson - reduce the price and improve the quality; or they'll get f*ck all business.

If you think we are ripped off here then try going to a sports venue in The States, $11 I paid this year at Yankee Stadium for a beer (abIut £7)

The price is one thing but its the fact that in the so called working class area of the ground i.e. The Kop the price for beer is dearer than in the south stand. Why? and can any north stand fans tell us what the price is in there. SOUTH, £3.10 AND £3.30 per PINT and £3.10 and £3.30 for about 3/4s of a pint, thats my gripe

Guest Sheff Owl

Was talking about this in another thread...

There is plenty of places to go outside the ground for better value for money..

The Chinese/Chippy on the corner, The Chippy on Leppings lane, Beres around Hillsborough and the Burger vans situated all round the ground to name a few...

There is a few people around me who refuse to buy anything from inside the ground and last season in winter they brought flasks with Soup/Tea/Coffee or whatever - far better than paying for the crap that's inside!

Guest intercity0wl

We are all feeling the pinch right now, maybe a few years ago it would not have been a huge problem, we all then had more disposable income so it was just part of our match-day experience. I too have noticed the queues are shorter than they were last year but if you put up prices at this time it is a smack in the face for fans and I for one will not be enjoying my pre-match pork sandwich any more 20% increase on the price is not on.

No need to go without it mate, just like i did Saturday toddle off about 100yards up the road opposite the kop towards the Arches, and on the right is a Berries outlet selling the same Pork sarnis you got inside the stadium, only these are freshley made as you wait, not kept warm for hours. yummy.