Kop fans ripped off with beer prices, what are the prices on north

I am sad but I have worked it out that I am paying 70p per ml of Stones on the Kop wheras on the South they pay 54p per ml of Stones!

So I reckon the price of a can should be about £2.50 on the Kop to make it an equivalent price if not cheaper coz its out of a can!

Why should we pay more! Is it because of the beautiful beer garden we drink it in!

:smile:

thanks a lot for working out the prices per 100m thats brill and thanks even more for taking on board that yes the prices are bad but its the price difference that is realy the bug bear in this post. i know i can ( and do ) go elswhere but wanted to show fans that there are two price bands for fans of Wednesday, one for the haves and another for the have not, so much fans

No problem!

Yes I did give the cost per 100ml not per ml! (thanks Mattitheowl) (I used the same calculator as what they use who sell it!) but I got the answer right in the end that a can of Stones should be around £2.50 to make it the same price per mouthful as on the South!

Guest intercity0wl

Why don't that Wednesdayite mob do summat useful for once and build a big flippingale house in that flipping car park and charge 2 pound a pint that would be much better for the fans

Went to the Gypo's v Weeds game last night and decided to have a few jars in the lounge bar under the West stand, Superb pint of Tetleys smooth for just over 3 quid and they were also doing a deal that apparntly started at there last home game of a pint and the biggest Bloody pie (in its own ceramic dish) i have ever seen at a footy Match for a fiver,.

Apparently the food is very good and reasonable at Ewood Park, and even includes mi favourite Sheperds pie, so thats my supper sorted tonight,

Edited by intercity0wl

Food and drink in the ground has been overpriced poor product for a good few years in the main. Stopped buying anything in there a few seasons back unless absolutely necessary. Always go to the little chinese chippy just down from the kop far better and cheaper or any one of the burger vans.

This season is especially beyond a joke. £2 for a tea/coffee etc. And there is no way I would entertain one of the 'boiled' burgers they serve up or light grey sausage rolls whatever the price!

thanks a lot for working out the prices per 100m thats brill and thanks even more for taking on board that yes the prices are bad but its the price difference that is realy the bug bear in this post. i know i can ( and do ) go elswhere but wanted to show fans that there are two price bands for fans of Wednesday, one for the haves and another for the have not, so much fans

Or two different sets of facilities - pouring stations in the South, cans on the Kop. The club can't magic cans into pint sizes! And having two prices would confuse the sh*t out of the already stupid people who work on the kiosks. Oh, and Wednesday don't set prices.

Guest intercity0wl

Or two different sets of facilities - pouring stations in the South, cans on the Kop. The club can't magic cans into pint sizes! And having two prices would confuse the sh*t out of the already stupid people who work on the kiosks. Oh, and Wednesday don't set prices.

they dont have to, the manufactuers do it for ya £1.50 Per Pint can at the offfy near the ground, simples.

Yep, despite having oversized pint pots they still manage to pour it out of the can so badly that they can only just fit it in with the 2" head. Suppose its what you get when you employ foreign students for 50p an hour! Hillsborough is crying out for a decent boozer - most seem to have died a death in the past 5 years.

Yep, despite having oversized pint pots they still manage to pour it out of the can so badly that they can only just fit it in with the 2" head. Suppose its what you get when you employ foreign students for 50p an hour! Hillsborough is crying out for a decent boozer - most seem to have died a death in the past 5 years.

Sounds about right! I've not had a pint in the stadium for a couple of seasons now - purely because it just doesn't taste the same in a flexible plastic cup for some reason.

Hillsborough Corner is still buzzing on match day - love a stroll taking us from Wetherspoon's to Legends to the Shakey and finishing in the Blueball. Never more than £2.70 a pint too.

I am one of those that would rather give my money to Wednesday than a brewery. (regardless of how the new deal works, obviously the more the fans spend ultimately the club will be better off)

But I myself am now wavering over the buying of a 440ml can of Stones at £3.10. I understand its going to be expensive in the gound but to get well under a pint for over 3 quid is a bit much to be honest.

The issue is obviously they haven't /can't get pumps on the Kop and maybe it costs the club a lot more to buy cans than barrells but the fans shouldnt get that extra cost passed on.

Guest intercity0wl

I assume the company that does the catering and drinks have their own suppliers, whcih are a lot cheaper than £1.50 a can though!

Of ourse they will, just like the owner of the Offy wont pay £1.50 a can, which kinda makes the rip off even worse dont you think ?.

Guest contango

Erm you really discussing this? Thought only my Grandad discussed paying this or that for beer, get a life or stay at home drinking supermarket beer as it is really cheap.

Guest contango

N

I would have expected more a more sympathetic tone from someone who could've owned the club now.

Nah I dont care about you poor people lol

if i were to put a tent up in a field for a fete or whatever i could have draught beer going no problem so don't give me that crap. its only a logistics problem because they want it to be, thanks for your input