Owls make key new appointment

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest Sheff Owl

Sheffield Wednesday are pleased to confirm the appointment of Trevor Braithwait as the club's Director of Communications with immediate effect.

Trevor's appointment follows an internal restructure of the Owls' Communications Department.

Trevor can call on a wealth of knowledge in football having worked in the industry for over a decade.

He has considerable experience in high level media and PR and will oversee the Owls' communications network, including the official website, matchday programme and social media portals.

Chairman Milan Mandaric said: "I am delighted to confirm this appointment. Experience is vital in the football business and Trevor certainly has that.

"The communication side of Sheffield Wednesday is vitally important across all levels of the club and I am confident that Trevor will enhance our off-field operation."

There has to be some huge praise to MM because since he has been here we have read about MM appointing this person and that person to which i guess most of us have never heard off but the most important thing is these people have been in or around Football for a number of years.

It seems behind the scenes it's coming along and we are getting it right - so just a big praise really!

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Congratulations Trevor, was your first job to write the press release? If so great job that man!!

lol

OBVIOUSlY JUST IN TIME FOR THE BIG PRESS RELEASES ABOUT THE NEW MARQUEE SIGNINGS!!!

Edited by Johnbloodaxe

Guest Sheff Owl

Yeah i realised after i sent i could have wrote it better :biggrin:

I didn't just mean with the new role for this guy but i meant in general - we are getting people in who actually know about Football.

Guest Deleted member

A good strong appt - Trevs a great bloke, Wednesday through and through and does an excellent and important job.

If you get chance to meet him - ask him about how the internet killed fanzines..... biggrin.gif

I'd rather they didn't and Owlstalk remained 100% independent.

Surely there's a difference between 'independent with club input where needed' and 'club controlled'? It was nice to know that the club were actually taking fans' views on board, and being able to have direct immediate feedback was a good thing, I would've thought.

Surely there's a difference between 'independent with club input where needed' and 'club controlled'? It was nice to know that the club were actually taking fans' views on board, and being able to have direct immediate feedback was a good thing, I would've thought.

Why not just do that on the official site?

Why not just do that on the official site?

They tried it with OurWednesday pretty much, and, with all due respect it failed. Not that it was a bad idea, just that people get used to using a particular forum (or forums) and stick to it/them, like OT.

You can't deny there's many more wednesdayites on here than any other forum, why shouldn't the club be able to communicate using such a good source of information and feedback?