Owls make key new appointment

Guest Sheff Owl

They tried it with OurWednesday pretty much, and, with all due respect it failed. Not that it was a bad idea, just that people get used to using a particular forum (or forums) and stick to it/them, like OT.

You can't deny there's many more wednesdayites on here than any other forum, why shouldn't the club be able to communicate using such a good source of information and feedback?

No, it was a bad idea and was crap.

Hopefully with this appointment telephoning, e-mailing or simply receiving information from the club will be easier and more efficient.

Professional organisations don't rely on off-duty club staff answering questions about ticket allocation whilst they watch Coronation Street.

If the club can't do it on it's own then serious questions need to be asked.

Guest intercity0wl

Hopefully with this appointment telephoning, e-mailing or simply receiving information from the club will be easier and more efficient.

Professional organisations don't rely on off-duty club staff answering questions about ticket allocation whilst they watch Coronation Street.

The media ways you mention should quite rightly be the ones used by the club, BUT at the moment and going on personal experiences of mine, and it seems many others alot of communications improvements need happen for your last paragraph not still to be the more likely outcombE.

PS, although in fairness the information on the OS regarding purchasing of Tickets for Bury away, is the most informative, detsiled and thorough i have seen in a while.

I never said anything about 'off-duty'.

I just don't see why the club can't/shouldn't use OT as a resource and for feedback, that's all.

There's a lot to put right at our club. For far too long fans have been regarded as a nuisance (yes, even now) and it's astonishing we still have such a great fanbase. I hope the new communications man communicates! I hope the new marketing man actually sorts out the woeful website, and dreadful selection of tired old shop stock. How about someone getting to grips with the awful stewarding. Instead of officious old fashioned management lets open real dialogue with fans. How about starting with a normal telephone number so ordinary fans can COMMUNICATE with the club without being ripped off.

MM and GM have both stated that they didn't realise the state of the club, I really hope and trust that we see the beginnings of a more user friendly club next week.