LEFT SIDE OF MIDFIELD

Guest debilde182

Guest debilde182

hello all

it seems obvious now that central mid and defesive postions seems like we have the players we need!

offensivley wide and upfront we are seriously lacking!

people seem to have forgotton what JJ is all about! yes now and again he will be ok but, 18 times out of 20 he will fall over the ball, leave it behind or will skin someone and either cross it into the stands or shoot too mars! we are in serious need of 2 left wingers 1 right midfielder and obviously 2 strikers! baring in mind sedgwick is far too slow! so before the transfer deadline hits by my view we are in dire need of 5 more players all need to be offensive!

alot of work yet to do mr meggo!

just a thought as it seems people have gone over the top on strikers and forgotton left midfield!

Guest 03 owl

Its not that people have forgot about the left side, we only have 2 Center Forwards as it stand's, so we need 2 forwards at least plus a winger left side or someone who can play both but preferably a left footer.

Guest thekelch

Anthony McNamee? Surplus to recquirements at Norwich, could do a job?

Anyhow I still think we'll get the lad Roberts from Huddersfield, they have to sell him now if they want to get any money back. This would give us a first choice of Roberts and JJ on wings and Sedg/Jones as back up. Not amazing backup I know but it still suprised by how many expect us to have two outstanding in every positions, we're in LEAGUE ONE - it just don't happen at this level, we need to get a good first XI nailed down, then 5-6 good versatile back ups is best we can expect.

We need 1 winger.

JJ is plenty good enough for this division. He was our best player at the back end of last season in my opinion.

We don't need 4 back up wingers. That would be silly.

We need 2 wingers.

JJ will get injured, Sedgy is poo poo.

We need 2 wingers.

He's been ok in preseason. Give him a chance if JJ does break down.

I'd rather get someone in on loan when JJ is injured if Sedgwick can't hack it after being given a chance, rather than wasting time and resources on it now.

Edited by Random Task

In a perfect world we'd get two wingers and two strikers. At this moment in time the bare minimum is to land a good striker and winger for a play-off challenge.

Currently the worst player in the starting 11 is CM up front (Assuming 442). So the urgency is for a striker. Then we'd need to replace sedgewick.

I think Sedgewick could do a job on the wings so strikers are much more urgent. (I also think his pre-season performances have warranted a starting position, whether this will last is another question)

I'd rather have sedgewick as back-up than Clinton Morrison and I dont think Madine is going to be the 20 goal man.

To really challenge for top 2 I'd say we need at least 2 strikers and 1 winger.

We need 2 wingers.

Have you been to any pre season games...?? Sedgewick has played really well. However, i would like to see him a little more in the middle. His legs have gone so i dont think the wing suits him but i think he would do a job in the middle ala ryan giggs at man utd (not for one second comparing to sedgewick to giggs but more the position transition)

Liam Palmer?

To be fair, with Jones/Bennett/Semi/buxton at full back, we have some attacking options who can all cross a decent ball. a winger that can play these fullbacks through and then cover for them would be pretty useful..

Correct we don't need 4 back up wingers as you call them but f##k me goin with JJ ,Sedgewick plus one other is suicide JJ coulds break down in the first 10 mins of the season we all know his history.

could use any of the below

Buxton------------------Jones------------------Batth------------------Bennett

Sedgewick---------------Prutton--------------Semedo----------------JJ

Palmer D Jones

Semi

or change formation and lose the wingers

Buxton------------------------Jones-----------------------Batth-------------------Bennett

---------------------Semedo--------------------------Prutton---------------------------------

-------------Palmer----------------------JOC---------------------------Coke---------------

--------------------------------------------Madine---------------------------------------------

still light of personnel, but i truely believe we will bring in a couple more and strengthen.

As the squad stands I'd start with Madine and JJ up front. JJ would scare the pants off defenders in this league, we all know he can go past defenders as if they were stood still, the trouble is with his shooting, when he gets it right he can take the back of the net out but when he gets it wrong he'll take the corner flag out. But I think we'd get a fair few pens if he went straight for the penalty area, just out of sheer panic in defenders

As the squad stands I'd start with Madine and JJ up front. JJ would scare the pants off defenders in this league, we all know he can go past defenders as if they were stood still, the trouble is with his shooting, when he gets it right he can take the back of the net out but when he gets it wrong he'll take the corner flag out. But I think we'd get a fair few pens if he went straight for the penalty area, just out of sheer panic in defenders

The problem with that is that it is far more difficult to utilise pace down the middle. A diagonal pass to the wing has more margin for error than a straight one down the middle as you have more options as to where you meet the ball and you are less likely to play it into the box, or a place that the keeper will be comfortable intercepting. That also means that there is more margin for error when controlling the ball, it is less likely your first touch will knock the ball int the keepers arms.

It's also far harder to control a straight ball from behind you without breaking stride than a diagonal one.

None of that really matters if we are playing to feet, I think JJ can be effective into feet, but playing him central will make him less effective running onto the ball, behind defences.

All this "JJ scares the sh*t out of players" is testicles.

He is fast, but he is sh*t.

It's like being scared of a fast dog thats growling at you, but has no teeth.

I will concede that he is probably the best we will get at this level, but his injury record is catastrophic. We need suitable cover.

So opposing teams double and triple mark him just because they like seeing his shiny boots? The problem is we previously (and currently) don't have players who can take advantage of the extra space JJ creates on his meandering runs through the opposing teams, it doesn't have to be about JJ's end ball/shot/delivery if we have clever players to utilise the space created.