LEFT SIDE OF MIDFIELD

Guest debilde182

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Craig Westcarr at Notss County would do.

Like JJ he is fast and can put fear in defenders and he also wades in with a few goals, 12 and 9 respectively in his last two seasons.

Constant minor injuries, rarely fit enough for 90 minutes.

If he is our sole source of creativity or main outlet for attacks next season (other than seeking out target men), we are going to come up seriously short.

There's no denying the last couple of seasons have seen an increase in the amount of niggling injuries he's been getting, at his age it will only increase so we absolutely need cover as without him there is no pace in the team except the unhappy to play on the wing Jones.

I dont see either of our current wingers (JJ or Sedge) as starters, so i would like to see 2 more.

JJ would probably be more effective in short bursts form the bench, i can't see us getting a full season out of him.

Also, he is a 31(?) year old player who by our own managers admission plays better when he is on the same wing as the dugout so he can take directions. I honestly think he is the most overrated player i can remember, however thats probably more of an indictment of just how poo poo our squads have been rather then anything else.

I dont see either of our current wingers (JJ or Sedge) as starters, so i would like to see 2 more.

JJ would probably be more effective in short bursts form the bench, i can't see us getting a full season out of him.

Also, he is a 31(?) year old player who by our own managers admission plays better when he is on the same wing as the dugout so he can take directions. I honestly think he is the most overrated player i can remember, however thats probably more of an indictment of just how poo poo our squads have been rather then anything else.

Were you at the matches at the back end of last season? When he played for 90s, tracked back well and was a major attacking threat?

Were you at the matches at the back end of last season? When he played for 90s, tracked back well and was a major attacking threat?

Nope.

The last few matches like the home defeat to Exeter and the draw away at Bristol Rovers? if they are the results when JJ is our "major attacking threat", then as i said in my earlier post, we will come up short.

Edited by US_Owl

Guest Sheff Owl

I'll pop it here too with Roberts been linked.....Come on Wednesday make it happen...

Lee Clark admits Huddersfield will have to offload players before they can bring any more into the Galpharm Stadium.

Manager Clark currently has 30 players at his disposal and is conscious of the need to trim the squad.

"We're always looking at players who are out there and may be available," Clark told the Huddersfield Daily Examiner.

"But I do want to cut the squad back before bringing in any further signings, and there are two aspects to it.

"One is financial, because like all clubs we have to work within the new salary cap guidelines.

"The other is practicality in that we can only name five substitutes rather than the previous seven and so, as a coaching staff, we can work with a more manageable number of players."

Nope.

The last few matches like the home defeat to Exeter and the draw away at Bristol Rovers? if they are the results when JJ is our "major attacking threat", then as i said in my earlier post, we will come up short.

Ah. OK.

You are best placed to comment on how well JJ played last season then, just like I am best placed to talk about how nice your front garden is.

We didn't win, JJ was a major attacking threat, therefore JJ isn't good enough? Is that your argument?

Argentina didn't win Copa America so Messi is poo poo.

I'm not suggesting the team is good enough as it stands or that we should play JJ as the only attacking threat. Any team will fall short with only one way of attacking. I disagree with the fact that you said JJ shouldn't be a starter. He should be! Teams have a choice when playing him of either shifting 2-3 players to defend against him, or let him run wild.

We need players able to exploit this.

In a perfect world we'd get two wingers and two strikers. At this moment in time the bare minimum is to land a good striker and winger for a play-off challenge.

Currently the worst player in the starting 11 is CM up front (Assuming 442). So the urgency is for a striker. Then we'd need to replace sedgewick.

I think Sedgewick could do a job on the wings so strikers are much more urgent. (I also think his pre-season performances have warranted a starting position, whether this will last is another question)

I'd rather have sedgewick as back-up than Clinton Morrison and I dont think Madine is going to be the 20 goal man.

To really challenge for top 2 I'd say we need at least 2 strikers and 1 winger.

100%

I'll pop it here too with Roberts been linked.....Come on Wednesday make it happen...

Lee Clark admits Huddersfield will have to offload players before they can bring any more into the Galpharm Stadium.

Manager Clark currently has 30 players at his disposal and is conscious of the need to trim the squad.

"We're always looking at players who are out there and may be available," Clark told the Huddersfield Daily

Examiner.

"But I do want to cut the squad back before bringing in any further signings, and there are two aspects to it.

"One is financial, because like all clubs we have to work within the new salary cap guidelines.

"The other is practicality in that we can only name five substitutes rather than the previous seven and so, as a coaching staff, we can work with a more manageable number of players."

Beat me to it lol