Clinton Morrison- a different player.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Why wasn't he keeping his sen fit last pre season plus it should only have taken a pro athlete a month max to get to a good fitness level ,all the signs are hes a lazy fool

Yes, it seems that way, and is also my impression. But if someone has it in them to change someone's mentality (Megson?) then that mental change could switch in an instance. In which case there is well over a month for Clinton to get proper fit.

People seemed to forget the horrendous service he was provided last season. Thumping a ball upto to a 5 foot-odd player against 6 ft + centrebacks is hardly ideal. His link up play was excellent and I would like to see more of the same this season. I do think he needs to control his petulance (yes, that means stop the signature arm flailing), but I believe that he wouldn't be so frustrated if his received service is decent.

Give him the right service and I think he could prove the doubters wrong.

I know CM has placed on record how is not relishing a pre-season under GM. I myself believe that we will see, in Morrsion, a completeley different player next year. Morrison arrived at the begining of this season and was a mile behind the rest of the players with regards to fitness, in essence he was always playing catch up. At his age it is never easy when you don't get a full pre-season under your belt. It is for this reason that I am of the opinion, that if Morrison stays fit, I feel a number of our fans may have a different opinion of him, come the end of season.

I know some will shot me down in flames for this opinion, but I just get the feeling that he will have the 'bit between his teeth', and he will be out to prove a point. I hope so because I think a on-song Clinton Morrison would make a massive difference to any League 1 side.

UTO

morrison's completely shot...

if a tiger ambled onto the field, morrison would be the first one he ate...

he can barely muster anything other than a walk...

NO, there'll be no improvement in clinton sadly, time catches up with everyone in the end, and brings the best down to the levels of the also rans...

it's never nice to see, but much, much worse in boxing...

I hope Morrison comes through for us because I think he's a likeable character and he's the sort of player who gets under the skin of other teams and fans. When was the last time we had someone like that who riled up the opposition supporters? We've lacked characters like that for so long I can't even remember.

Unfortunately Morrison has also got under the skin of our own fans because he's not been able to back up certain aspects of his game with performances to warrant his arrogant swagger (which I;m a fan of, by the way). Morrison's form last season was poor and I don't think that's up for debate. He's got all the attributes to be an immensely popular and successful player at Hillsborough, but he's got to deliver the goods on the pitch to do that.

I'd absolutely love it if he worked hard enough to justify a clean slate from Megson and force his way back into the side with goals. I don't think anybody wants Clinton to fail. Personally I'd love to see him swaggering around the pitch and driving other teams crazy while putting the ball in the back of the net.

Guest frannys ears

People seemed to forget the horrendous service he was provided last season. Thumping a ball upto to a 5 foot-odd player against 6 ft + centrebacks is hardly ideal. His link up play was excellent and I would like to see more of the same this season. I do think he needs to control his petulance (yes, that means stop the signature arm flailing), but I believe that he wouldn't be so frustrated if his received service is decent.

Give him the right service and I think he could prove the doubters wrong.

100% agree with this, isn't a target man, can't play lone striker, is'nt going to chase every ball down the channels.

But if played with a target man, and a decent midfield to give him the right kind of service will be excellent at this level, even if the legs ar'nt what they were.

Also think we need more players with his kind of personality, a lot of people give joc a hard time, but he's another one with the right attitude.

Know i'm going to get slaughtered, but we need more players who are winners mentally.

Every match I sit there urging for the fella to score a few, which in this league he is more than capable of doing, but it didn't seem to happen for him last season.

If Wednesday go on a run next year he's bag a few important goals on the way for us I'm sure =)

Guest Saturday Owl

Would rather we look at getting his massive wages off the books and get in some young blood.

If he wanted too he could score for fun in this league, he's lazy and has lost the fire he used to have.

Guest Owl30

I just think Clinton is past it, he's not getting any younger and at that age the body takes longer to recover, hence why he used to go missing for a couple of games after he had played.

His level is Blue Square premier and that's being kind, look at Crawley he would be lucky to get in there side these day's really.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Lets see how the season pans out- I just get the feeling we will have ourselves a different player next season. I could be wrong though!