Clinton Morrison- a different player.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

I know CM has placed on record how is not relishing a pre-season under GM. I myself believe that we will see, in Morrsion, a completeley different player next year. Morrison arrived at the begining of this season and was a mile behind the rest of the players with regards to fitness, in essence he was always playing catch up. At his age it is never easy when you don't get a full pre-season under your belt. It is for this reason that I am of the opinion, that if Morrison stays fit, I feel a number of our fans may have a different opinion of him, come the end of season.

I know some will shot me down in flames for this opinion, but I just get the feeling that he will have the 'bit between his teeth', and he will be out to prove a point. I hope so because I think a on-song Clinton Morrison would make a massive difference to any League 1 side.

UTO

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Guest jdowl1

Watching him at the last match of the season ,jogging around with the squad,he looked overweight ,unfit and old.

I think his legs have gone now although i would be pleased if he proved me wrong as he seems a good bloke and a character with big match experience.

No sorry I'm not buying this one either. He basically had a full 9 months to catch up on match fitness and still couldnt do it.

The legs have gone and the League One Refs and centre halfs dont buy the backing in/falling on yer arse technique that he uses.

And neither do the fans.

Next.

Guest foreverSWFC

I don't care if he has the right service or not, he let us down last season after he promised so much.

Get rid and get someone hungrier.

I know CM has placed on record how is not relishing a pre-season under GM. I myself believe that we will see, in Morrsion, a completeley different player next year. Morrison arrived at the begining of this season and was a mile behind the rest of the players with regards to fitness, in essence he was always playing catch up. At his age it is never easy when you don't get a full pre-season under your belt. It is for this reason that I am of the opinion, that if Morrison stays fit, I feel a number of our fans may have a different opinion of him, come the end of season.

I know some will shot me down in flames for this opinion, but I just get the feeling that he will have the 'bit between his teeth', and he will be out to prove a point. I hope so because I think a on-song Clinton Morrison would make a massive difference to any League 1 side.

UTO

yup..this

No sorry I'm not buying this one either. He basically had a full 9 months to catch up on match fitness and still couldnt do it.

The legs have gone and the League One Refs and centre halfs dont buy the backing in/falling on yer arse technique that he uses.

And neither do the fans.

Next.

Agree with this to be honest. I dont buy the whole argument for "not having a full pre season affecting the whole of the season". Yeah maybe for a month or so..... I think its a case of CM thinking he's too good for league 1 and that he would automatically bang in 20 goals regardless of how much effort he put in.

If his mentality changes then great, we will benefit. But sadly, i cant see this happening. Therefore my verdict is get shut if we can and replace with someone that isnt up their own backside!

Guest Big Guns

Why wasn't he keeping his sen fit last pre season plus it should only have taken a pro athlete a month max to get to a good fitness level ,all the signs are hes a lazy fool

I agree with everyone with regards his performances last season, but I think that a player with his potential (and subsequent ego), we may well see a different attitude next season, and with this a different player. Bearing in mind the fact that he scored 11 goals in 28 apearances, in a poor side, I just feel that if he can hit the ground running (pardon the pun) we could have ourselves a good striker this season- one which may fire the goals that we need for promotion. When considering that Scotland has only scored, something like, 10 in 45 appearances (albeit at better level), I just wonder whether we are dismissing what is 'reyt' in front of our noses. It is just a thought, and a positive one at that, which makes for a change on this forum!

Why wasn't he keeping his sen fit last pre season plus it should only have taken a pro athlete a month max to get to a good fitness level ,all the signs are hes a lazy fool

Granted, but a good pre-season gives you the right platform. It is difficult to catch up during the in-season, when you have training which is geared up for competition and which doesn't allow you to do the kind of trainig that you are able to do during pre-season. Put in a nutshell pre-season training is designed to increase (maximise) fitness and strength, training throughout the season is tappered (around comeptition) and is designed to maintain fitness and strength. Because Morrison was a a regular member of the playing squad, throughout last season- I doubt he ever had the opportunity to get the kind of fitness which he could have developed during pre-season. This is why, I feel that with a different platform (ie a full pre-season this year), we may well see a completeley different Clinton Morrison.

Guest christheowl

The only improvement he will offer next season if fitter is to wave his arms around more vigorously.

Off the pitch- tells us all how much he wants to play for the club and how much it means blah blah blah, yet he stayed over weight all season looking like a man trying to toe a caravan on his back when running towards goal. Just another Jeffers for me, big name who's over the hill and ready for the scrap yard !....or Australian soccer as its now called.

and hows it 'difficult to catch up' for him last season. He's a footballer earning thousands of pounds a week training 5/6 days a week. Let him swap roles with me and il run till my b0llocks drop off !

Edited by christheowl

Guest Big Guns

Granted, but a good pre-season gives you the right platform. It is difficult to catch up during the in-season, when you have training which is geared up for competition and which doesn't allow you to do the kind of trainig that you are able to do during pre-season. Put in a nutshell pre-season training is designed to increase (maximise) fitness and strength, training throughout the season is tappered (around comeptition) and is designed to maintain fitness and strength. Because Morrison was a a regular member of the playing squad, throughout last season- I doubt he ever had the opportunity to get the kind of fitness which he could have developed during pre-season. This is why, I feel that with a different platform (ie a full pre-season this year), we may well see a completeley different Clinton Morrison.

he could have put a couple of extra hrs in after training I bet if megson was manager at the time he would have got him in shape no danger

I was well dissappointed with CM last season and am of the opinion that if someone comes in for him then let him go.

However, if he is still here then he will go into the season with a clean sheet for me. Forget what happened last season as he will start with a proper manager.

He has the ability to score and with a better midfield behind him, I still think he could prove a real asset in this league.

Irvine could have made Barca look crap last season.

Gotta be a clean slate then, thats fair enough...but honestly Clinton was a massive disappointment last season...he tweeted an excellent bloody game, but sadly did not deliver it on the pitch, no matter how vociferous he was off it.

THat he has the ability is undeniable, but surely its more than backing into defenders ad nauseum, waving his arms about and chasing the ref far more than he chases defenders....He is better than that, and hopefully he will show us next season that he is better than that.....

Wednesday cannot afford another bloody season down here..it will erode the fan base...its time for players like Mr Morrison to reward the loyalty of long suffering supporters.....by doing what we know he can do....scoring goals....